Ryzen 7000 Testing

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
I go again!!! 😆

EDIT: Black screen 😳
Hmm, is Shaneee's patch not compatible with Zen 4? Try disabling patch 16 and enabling original patch 15 again, if it's still not working try NVRAM Reset...

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I go again!!! 😆

EDIT: Black screen 😳
Is agdpmod=pikera specified in boot-args? WhateverGreen is enabled, so please try the agdpmod boot arg.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Is agdpmod=pikera specified in boot-args? WhateverGreen is enabled, so please try the agdpmod boot arg.
Forgot to disable WEG, my bad again, lol.

Disable WEG and try again with none of the 2 patches.

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Hmm, is Shaneee's patch not compatible with Zen 4? Try disabling patch 16 and enabling original patch 15 again, if it's still not working try NVRAM Reset...

ooohhh!! There is no agdpmod=pikera in this latest EFI .... and WEG is active :eek:

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
@ExtremeXT

I have not been able to start, I leave you the efi and you can modify it because I no longer see it well :ROFLMAO:

in one of the startup attempts this has come out after loading the desktop
6DFD2DEE-FA4C-481B-9DB2-3AA2366EC386.jpeg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@ExtremeXT

I have not been able to start, I leave you the efi and you can modify it because I no longer see it well :ROFLMAO:

in one of the startup attempts this has come out after loading the desktop
Please try this EFI (rename to "EFI").

Attachments

• EFI-V1.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 23

craighazan

Donator
Donator
I just found this thread and watching with excitement as the rest of you! I have these items on order:
  • Ryzen 7 7700X
  • Asus Crosshair X670E Gene (mATX board)
  • Be Quiet Pure Loop 2 FX liquid cooler
  • Various other components from existing builds will be cannibalized
I think the 7700X is a really good choice, my first AMD build I used the 1700X and was impressed. My current build with a 5700X is excellent, the 8 cores are solid!.

tomnic

AMD OS X Member
So right now we need to use the old slow Algrey fix pat patch... sad!!! Probably we need to study a better workaround...

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I think the 7700X is a really good choice, my first AMD build I used the 1700X and was impressed. My current build with a 5700X is excellent, the 8 cores are solid!.
I am getting tempted by the Asus ProArt X670E-Creator. It's $100 cheaper, but is a full ATX size. It has these advantages over the Gene:
  • 10 GbE Ethernet (may not work on Ryzentosh)
  • USB 3 Gen 2x2 USB-C port on the rear
  • Two PCIe 5.0 full length slots
  • One PCIe 4.0 x4 slot
  • Realtek ALC1220S (which means macOS boot chime will work because it's not a USB codec)

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
I am getting tempted by the Asus ProArt X670E-Creator. It's $100 cheaper, but is a full ATX size. It has these advantages over the Gene:
  • 10 GbE Ethernet (may not work on Ryzentosh)
  • USB 3 Gen 2x2 USB-C port on the rear
  • Two PCIe 5.0 full length slots
  • One PCIe 4.0 x4 slot
  • Realtek ALC1220S (which means macOS boot chime will work because it's not a USB codec)

CaseSJ the problem is the audio, it happens as in the APU it is distorted and has noise, it is unusable... and I think it is not solved 😦

Note:
this computer doesn't need WEG or agdpmod=pikera it's like my alder lake having avx512 everything works without weg even the DRM I can watch netflix hbo disney+ on safari and appleTV works

DCBE81FB-B779-4B5C-84D8-217E443A8A03.jpeg

I have passed the GB5 to the GPU

metal:

OpenCL:

PS: The iGPU is still in the system

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
CaseSJ the problem is the audio, it happens as in the APU it is distorted and has noise, it is unusable... and I think it is not solved 😦
Does this mean USB audio (e.g. Realtek ALC4050 and ALC4080) will be okay?

Note:
this computer doesn't need WEG or agdpmod=pikera it's like my alder lake having avx512 everything works without weg even the DRM I can watch netflix hbo disney+ on safari and appleTV works
When we use iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 with an AMD GPU, we get DRM without any problem.

By the way, were you able to fully install macOS with the EFI folder I posted above? If so, which version (Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura)?

tomnic

AMD OS X Member
https://xonotic.org/

Try this game: is it fluid or choppy when you start battling with many bots? Try the big keybench timedemo: I score 149 / 289 / 465 fps with 4k and max detail.

/usr/bin/xattr -cr /Applications/Xonotic/Xonotic.app to fix the game not starting

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Does this mean USB audio (e.g. Realtek ALC4050 and ALC4080) will be okay?

When we use iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 with an AMD GPU, we get DRM without any problem.

By the way, were you able to fully install macOS with the EFI folder I posted above? If so, which version (Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura)?

It's not the audio chip, it's the platform the chip is on.

In my alder lake I have the same ALC4080 audio chip in USB 2.0 as in the Ryzen 7950x, only that in intel it works perfectly, and in the ryzen 7950x that now has iGPU as the APUs in AM4 it distorts the audio... but it's unusable... and the one of the RX6800XT by HDMI/DP is better, but if you scroll the video it spoils the audio and makes a lot of noise... and this GPU in the Alder lake has crystal clear audio... and the Ryzen 1600AF that I have, since it is not an APU, very well too... and the 5900x also very well

speaking of the EFI, now I can install Big Sur and Monterey, ventura gives a panic... But monterey is unusable, only the PCIe of the GPU works, the others don't work, my FENVI started working now in big sur, in monterey I had no wifi or wired network

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
I just discovered a small problem... 😅

i225v only connects to 100mb

Captura de pantalla 2022-10-03 a las 23.41.37.png

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
It's not the audio chip, it's the platform the chip is on.

In my alder lake I have the same ALC4080 audio chip in USB 2.0 as in the Ryzen 7950x, only that in intel it works perfectly, and in the ryzen 7950x that now has iGPU as the APUs in AM4 it distorts the audio... but it's unusable... and the one of the RX6800XT by HDMI/DP is better, but if you scroll the video it spoils the audio and makes a lot of noise... and this GPU in the Alder lake has crystal clear audio... and the Ryzen 1600AF that I have, since it is not an APU, very well too... and the 5900x also very well

speaking of the EFI, now I can install Big Sur and Monterey, ventura gives a panic... But monterey is unusable, only the PCIe of the GPU works, the others don't work, my FENVI started working now in big sur, in monterey I had no wifi or wired network
Can you please run IORegistryExplorer and post the IOReg file (File --> Save As...)? Let's see if we can disable the iGPU.

Regarding WiFi in Monterey, try setting DisableIOMapper to True (Kernel --> Quirks).

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
https://xonotic.org/

Try this game: is it fluid or choppy when you start battling with many bots? Try the big keybench timedemo: I score 149 / 289 / 465 fps with 4k and max detail.

/usr/bin/xattr -cr /Applications/Xonotic/Xonotic.app to fix the game not starting

It doesn't work for me, I attach a photo from my mobile in a few minutes(y)

Have you tried switching to Manual and changing it to 1000 Mbps or 2500 Mbps?

I already did, it does nothing 😆 ....only 100mb

EDIT: at last!! now if it has taken a while to connect but it has worked .... 1000mbps

Captura de pantalla 2022-10-03 a las 23.53.10.png

Attachments

• F665DD25-A02E-483E-A0E9-E3193501EBCE.jpeg
    F665DD25-A02E-483E-A0E9-E3193501EBCE.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10

tomnic

AMD OS X Member
Do the xattr stuff, sorry wrong command up above!!! ;)

Given that you copy the whole Xonotic folder into Application folder:

/usr/bin/xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/Xonotic/Xonotic.app

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.