Ryzen 7000 Testing

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
I've seen it suggested here but have you tried Speedkeeper yet? https://forum.amd-osx.com/resources/speedkeeper.3/
yes, i tried it yesterday in big sur, at first it seems to improve a bit, but it's still very bad, and after a while i think it's even worse...

It's just that the integrated audio is literally unusable...

The HDMI / DP if you do nothing else on the computer, and do not move the video forward or backward can be used... but nothing to do with for example my other hackintosh... in the ryzen 5900x I have the same quality of audio than in the alder lake, and in the 1600AF too

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi i enjoyed all the process in this tread, and it makes me be more aware about many things on OC. Honestly i made progress in understanding of each elements how editing (acpi, kext, config.plist...etc... But i have a question about the sound. i have a Fireface 800 with pci firewire 800 card and the driver is well installed. but when i choose this output the sound is distorted. BUT somentimes ! it sounds cristal clear everything works perfectly. I have a titan ridge ridge 2 and put it with an adapter 800/tb3 and it works sometimes. when i unplugged and repplugged it sometimes the sounds comeback clear. I have an Universal audio Octo TB3 and its works well. I see here, there's many many masters hackintoshers here, can i have some advice, more explanation. we can open an another thead for that, or an you can send me a message to have something reliable. please. Thanks

craighazan

Donator
Donator

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
@PoMpIs
Can you send me "IOPCIFamily.kext" from /System/Library/Extensions from macOS Big Sur?

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
@PoMpIs
Can you send me "IOPCIFamily.kext" from /System/Library/Extensions from macOS Big Sur?

Yes of course, but it has to be later, I'm not home for another 3 hours

EDIT:
@ExtremeXT and if I lower the PCIe ports to 3.0 in the bios, would it do anything? Could FENVI work in Montery/Ventura? when i get home i will try 😁

PS:
And could you do me the favor of putting the patches in this latest EFI so that I don't panic in Ventura?

I wanted to test to see if ryzen is capable of installing ventura on its own... and so it injected the monterey kext for the i225v from OpenCore... could it work??

Last edited:

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Yes of course, but it has to be later, I'm not home for another 3 hours

EDIT:
@ExtremeXT and if I lower the PCIe ports to 3.0 in the bios, would it do anything? Could FENVI work in Montery/Ventura? when i get home i will try 😁

PS:
And could you do me the favor of putting the patches in this latest EFI so that I don't panic in Ventura?

I wanted to test to see if ryzen is capable of installing ventura on its own... and so it injected the monterey kext for the i225v from OpenCore... could it work??
It won't work because of the PCI issues, that's why I asked you for that kext, I want to try to find what the problem is...

I don't think lowering the PCI-E will do anything, it's a matter of where the PCI lanes go (CPU or Chipset).

I need to ask @Visual for Ventura kernel patches... When I have them I will add them.

Can you send the latest EFI?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Guys , I have the same audio chip and GPU in my Alder lake and I don't need anything, not even AppleALCU to make it work for crystal clear sound...

But I have tried what you have told me, I have tried AppleALCU, and also to have cinebench in loop while I watch youtube... Still the same, there is no difference... unusable audio 🤷‍♂️
Based on the IOReg file and DSDT.aml, the iGPU is at PCI0.GF17._VGA. I've modified the SSDT to disable the iGPU. It's a drop-in replacement for the file in EFI/OC/ACPI folder.

Edit: After installing this SSDT and rebooting, please post IOReg file again.

Attachments

• SSDT-IGPU-DISABLE.aml.zip
    699 bytes · Views: 5
Last edited:

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
It won't work because of the PCI issues, that's why I asked you for that kext, I want to try to find what the problem is...

I don't think lowering the PCI-E will do anything, it's a matter of where the PCI lanes go (CPU or Chipset).

I need to ask @Visual for Ventura kernel patches... When I have them I will add them.

Can you send the latest EFI?

AAh!! OK, I understand that no matter the version of PCIe, is the chipset the problem?

Having the patches for Ventura would be great, because now with the CaseySJ fix, if I didn't panic, I'm sure Ryzen installed it itself and using OpenCore to inject AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext, maybe it works?

What I don't think is fixed is the audio, in monterey the same thing happens as in big sur...

When I get home I attach the EFI and the Kext IOPCI of big sur(y)

Last edited:

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
@ExtremeXT

Let's keep trying... 😁

attached EFI and IOPCIFamily.kext

And I'm going to try @CaseySJ SSDT-iGPU-Disable and report with a copy of IOREG

Attachments

• IOPCIFamily.kext.zip
    202 KB · Views: 1
  • EFI.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 3

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ

We continue with the iGPU activated and it even has audio via HDMI?? :eek: (EDIT: No, I got confused, the iGPU does not have audio via HDMI😅 )
Captura de pantalla 2022-10-04 a las 20.14.54.png

Attachments

• Mac Pro de PoMpI-s.zip
    871.3 KB · Views: 5

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I have updated to openCore 0.8.5 and I have arrived here
In the above post there's a screenshot showing 1 Table Load Failure. We can see that PCI0.GPP7.UP00.DP40.UP00.DP68 is not found, so one of the AMDTables does not load (SSDT-3-AmdTable.aml).

From the ACPI dump you provided, we can see the problem as follows. Here's the DSDT in which there is no device named DP68:
Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 11.14.39 AM.png
But the AMDTable (SSDT-3-AmdTable) is referring to it nevertheless:
Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 11.19.21 AM.png
Problems like this have been known to cause reboot on wake-from-sleep. Whether this particular problem causes the reboot is uncertain. There are several ways to patch this problem, but none is a good option until Asus can fix this. Regardless, one option is to change DP68 to a device that actually exists such as DP60 (XH00) or DP38 (PCX1).

49B5F975-FAD9-44B0-BB8A-D12BE8A473B1.jpeg

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@CaseySJ

We continue with the iGPU activated and it even has audio via HDMI?? :eek: (EDIT: No, I got confused, the iGPU does not have audio via HDMI😅 )
View attachment 7609
Here's another version:
  • It will delete existing _VGA device then create a blank new one with bogus properties
No guarantees this will work, but it's worth trying.

Attachments

• SSDT-IGPU-DISABLE.aml.zip
    900 bytes · Views: 3

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ

Wait a minute...

When I dumped those tables, I had the wiffi and bluetooth of the motherboard activated... now I don't have them activated, I always deactivate them in bios because I don't use them, could that be the reason why the SSDT-iGPU doesn't work???

I leave new ACPI dump

Attachments

• ACPI_DUMP.zip
    110.5 KB · Views: 4

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
In the above post there's a screenshot showing 1 Table Load Failure. We can see that PCI0.GPP7.UP00.DP40.UP00.DP68 is not found, so one of the AMDTables does not load (SSDT-3-AmdTable.aml).

From the ACPI dump you provided, we can see the problem as follows. Here's the DSDT in which there is no device named DP68:

Problems like this have been known to cause reboot on wake-from-sleep. Whether this particular problem causes the reboot is uncertain. There are several ways to patch this problem, but none is a good option until Asus can fix this. Regardless, one option is to change DP68 to a device that actually exists such as DP60 (XH00) or DP38 (PCX1).
According to the Linux source code, this GPIO may be related to USB...? If so, we could patch DP68 to DP60...

Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 11.45.20 AM.png Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 11.46.06 AM.png

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

View attachment 7612
View attachment 7613

View attachment 7611
Can't we drop that ACPI table then inject ours with OpenCore?

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Here's another version:
  • It will delete existing _VGA device then create a blank new one with bogus properties
No guarantees this will work, but it's worth trying.

Well no luck with this SSDT either 🤷‍♂️

Captura de pantalla 2022-10-04 a las 20.49.18.png

Attachments

• Mac Pro de PoMpI-s.zip
    891.3 KB · Views: 1

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Well no luck with this SSDT either 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 7618
Let's see if the SSDT is being rejected by macOS. In Terminal:
Bash:
log show --last boot | head -1500 > ~/Documents/bootlog.txt
This will create a file in Documents called bootlog.txt. Please post that file.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Can't we drop that ACPI table then inject ours with OpenCore?
Yes we could. We could also add an ACPI Patch that renames DP68 to DP60.

@PoMpIs,

I've added this patch to your latest config.plist (attached).

Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 12.00.27 PM.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    40.2 KB · Views: 2

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
The SSDT to disable iGPU loaded properly (table name spoof), but it seems we're unable to modify that device via SSDT.

Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 12.04.01 PM.png

Below we can see that the only failure is occurring in AMDTable:
Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 12.04.28 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.