Ryzen 7000 Testing

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
I see! Well I’d be interested too! Let us know when you do get the 7950X would be great to see how it fairs against the 5900X.

You’re welcome PoMpIs!

I already have the 7950x and an Asus x670e-f gaming...

It works quite well..

WoSOEC4.png

But it has a problem, the new ryzen 7000 have an iGPU, and it can't be disabled in bios 🙁

And that's a problem... even in windows it bothers me, because when I install the RX6800XT drivers they also detect the iGPU...

SQdbEND.png

HdBbafX.png

LBdAtaS.png

If with a bios update it is still not possible to completely disable the iGPU I will return it to the store, I don't want it that way, I will buy an intel 13900k+z790 :(

And macOS won't boot

Cheers

Last edited:

Middleman

AMD OS X Member

It works quite well..

WoSOEC4.png

But it has a problem, the new ryzen 7000 have an iGPU, and it can't be disabled in bios 🙁

And that's a problem... even in windows it bothers me, because when I install the RX6800XT drivers they also detect the iGPU...

SQdbEND.png

HdBbafX.png

LBdAtaS.png

If with a bios update it is still not possible to completely disable the iGPU I will return it to the store, I don't want it that way, I will buy an intel 13900k+z790 :(

Cheers
First of all congrats on being one of the first to get the new system! I think it looks promising from a performance and upgrade aspect.

As for the IGPU issue see if you could try using this NVRAM boot-arg to disable the IGPU: -wegnoigpu
If that doesn't work, you may have to resort to manually using a SSDT-Disable-GPU file to disable the IGPU or try to use the new WhateverRed kext.

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
First of all congrats on being one of the first to get the new system! I think it looks promising from a performance and upgrade aspect.

As for the IGPU issue see if you could try using this NVRAM boot-arg to disable the IGPU: -wegnoigpu
If that doesn't work, you may have to resort to manually using a SSDT-Disable-GPU file to disable the IGPU or try to use the new WhateverRed kext.

Thank you very much...:giggle:

the option of not being able to deactivate the iGPU only occurs on my asus board, I have been given screenshots from Asrock and Gigabyte and if it can be deactivated... It is a very new platform and the bios does not work very well...

Now what would interest me was to see if it could boot MacOS, but it can't get past OpenCore, it stays on a screen like this:

rrJ07Ci.jpg

Any ideas??

Cheers

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

It works quite well..

WoSOEC4.png

SQdbEND.png

HdBbafX.png

LBdAtaS.png

And macOS won't boot

Cheers
Did you update the BIOS? There might be an option to disable the iGPU in the latest version.
Thank you very much...:giggle:

the option of not being able to deactivate the iGPU only occurs on my asus board, I have been given screenshots from Asrock and Gigabyte and if it can be deactivated... It is a very new platform and the bios does not work very well...

Now what would interest me was to see if it could boot MacOS, but it can't get past OpenCore, it stays on a screen like this:

rrJ07Ci.jpg

Any ideas??

Cheers
Can you send your EFI or config.plist?

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Did you update the BIOS? There might be an option to disable the iGPU in the latest version.

Can you send your EFI or config.plist?

Yes, it is in the latest version, and it is a BETA .... and I don't have the option to turn off the iGPU, but in all other brands of AM5 motherboards they do and it works ...

I hope asus fixes it soon, because I'm liking the 7950x a lot.

I leave here the Opencore folder

Thank you very much

Attachments

• OC_Ryzen_7950x.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 70

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Yes, it is in the latest version, and it is a BETA .... and I don't have the option to turn off the iGPU, but in all other brands of AM5 motherboards they do and it works ...

I hope asus fixes it soon, because I'm liking the 7950x a lot.

I leave here the Opencore folder

Thank you very much
Set boot-args to -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 e1000=0, npci should only be used when you don't have Above 4G Decoding in the BIOS, make sure to enable it. Resizable BAR Support can be Enabled if ResizeAppleGpuBars is 0 in the plist.

Remove BiosVideo.efi from Drivers.

Try enabling DevirtualizeMmio and SetupVirtualMap, can I also get a copy of your ACPI tables? (Use DEBUG OpenCore and enable the SysReport quirk, then zip the SysReport folder on the ESP and attach it.)

I think debugging for this new platform will be easier in the AMD OS X Discord server. We'll probably also need new kernel patches, @Shaneee can probably help with this.

- ExtremeXT

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Set boot-args to -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 e1000=0, npci should only be used when you don't have Above 4G Decoding in the BIOS, make sure to enable it. Resizable BAR Support can be Enabled if ResizeAppleGpuBars is 0 in the plist.

Try enabling DevirtualizeMmio and SetupVirtualMap, can I also get a copy of your ACPI tables? (Use DEBUG OpenCore and enable the SysReport quirk, then zip the SysReport folder on the ESP and attach it.)

I think debugging for this new platform will be easier in the AMD OS X Discord server. We'll probably also need new kernel patches, @Shaneee can probably help with this.

- ExtremeXT

YES, I already tried all those options yesterday... whatever I do, it never goes beyond this

89CEB517-7A29-4B03-AF63-CC005E919CD4.jpeg
I have tried without 4G decode without Resize bar, everything... it never gets past that screen 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

- ExtremeXT

From what I can tell the new chips are still family 25 (19h). I thought it might be OpenCore that would require an update as it did with the first Ryzen chips but that doesn't seem to be the case.

@PoMpIs if you could switch to a debug version of OC and set the target to 67 and upload the OpenCore log that it generates in the EFI please.
Misc -> Debug -> Target

A way to verify the family is on Linux, grep -m1 "cpu family" /proc/cpuinfo. cpu family: 25 means it hasn't changed.

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
From what I can tell the new chips are still family 25 (19h). I thought it might be OpenCore that would require an update as it did with the first Ryzen chips but that doesn't seem to be the case.

@PoMpIs if you could switch to a debug version of OC and set the target to 67 and upload the OpenCore log that it generates in the EFI please.
Misc -> Debug -> Target

A way to verify the family is on Linux, grep -m1 "cpu family" /proc/cpuinfo. cpu family: 25 means it hasn't changed.
I have updated to openCore 0.8.5 and I have arrived here
49B5F975-FAD9-44B0-BB8A-D12BE8A473B1.jpeg

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Share the EFI you're using. There seems to be some ACPI issues there. Also if possible a ACPI Dump.

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Share the EFI you're using. There seems to be some ACPI issues there. Also if possible a ACPI Dump.

Here is the EFI

Thanks so much for the help :)

Attachments

• EFI_7950x.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 24

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
There's something wrong with your config. I'm unable to open it in Plist Edit Pro or Xcode. However looking at it in a text editor, you've got a lot of stuff enabled for B550 boards. Disable these ACPI files and try booting again.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-01 at 00.41.11.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-01 at 00.41.11.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 70

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
The ACPI dump (y)

Attachments

• ACPI_Dump_Asus x670e-f.zip
    109.8 KB · Views: 17

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
There's something wrong with your config. I'm unable to open it in Plist Edit Pro or Xcode. However looking at it in a text editor, you've got a lot of stuff enabled for B550 boards. Disable these ACPI files and try booting again.
I'm on windows, at this address I don't have any Mac or hackintosh and it's more complicated for me...

Tomorrow I'll bring the laptop that has Ventura beta 9 😄

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I'm on windows, at this address I don't have any Mac or hackintosh and it's more complicated for me...

Tomorrow I'll bring the laptop that has Ventura beta 9 😄

No worries. I'll look into it when I get the time :D Hopefully get it booting.

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
No worries. I'll look into it when I get the time :D Hopefully get it booting.

This would be the config plist that was in the EFI... could you copy it and paste it in a new Config.plist to see it?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Give this a go. If not I'll look into it more tomorrow. Your plist had missing tags for the SMBios info. You'd removed a couple < when removing the info that was all.

Also core count patch was wrong. I've reuploaded the corrected config.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 31

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Give this a go. If not I'll look into it more tomorrow. Your plist had missing tags for the SMBios info. You'd removed a couple < when removing the info that was all.

Also core count patch was wrong. I've reuploaded the corrected config.

Tested... it stops here:
067DC31D-052C-4DA6-AE75-87CE4404FDFD.jpeg

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Tested... it stops here:
View attachment 7408

PoMpIs,

I had a look at your EFI - I'm very surprised why do you not have any USB kexts installed at all? How is your system supposed to run without any sort of a USB map?

Secondly, AGPMInjector.kext I don't think is required. You should try to remove it and add agdpmod=pikera back in. You may also need the device properties for the RX6800XT.​

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Tested... it stops here:
View attachment 7408
Disable EnableWriteUnprotector and the AppleCpu* quirks, enable AppleDebug and ApplePanic. Did you enable Above4G in the BIOS? Check if you can boot with DevirtualizeMmio and ProtectUefiServices disabled, if you still get stuck at preboot, try following this to make an MmioWhitelist: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/kaslr-fix.html#using-devirtualisemmio

Could you also share a Hardware Report via HWiNFO64 in HTML format?
- ExtremeXT

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.