Ryzen 7000 Testing

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Not typo error. Because that’s the device values I used to set mine for I-225V LAN under Monterey (without extra drivers). Some earlier versions of macOS pre 12 could get away using F2150000 or even F3150000 but not with the setups needed now.

tested, everything is still the same

@PoMpIs Can you try booting Big Sur? AFAIK it doesn't have the PCI lane problem.

This takes me more time

I have to download the installer, and I hope that ryzen can install it, I don't think any of my other hackintosh have valid EFI to do the installation

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
tested, everything is still the same

This takes me more time

I have to download the installer, and I hope that ryzen can install it, I don't think any of my other hackintosh have valid EFI to do the installation
You could try booting the installer on the Zen 4 PC.

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
You could try booting the installer on the Zen 4 PC.

big sur has the same problem as monterey to install, it stays with a gray background and the installation wizard never appears... but the mouse continues to work perfectly

Attachments

• 5A0A0B8D-073B-4EDD-8219-FD3452A0E7FE.jpeg
    5A0A0B8D-073B-4EDD-8219-FD3452A0E7FE.jpeg
    6.7 MB · Views: 9

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
big sur has the same problem as monterey to install, it stays with a gray background and the installation wizard never appears... but the mouse continues to work perfectly
Weird issue... I guess you will have to modify another EFI to install it.

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Weird issue... I guess you will have to modify another EFI to install it.

Yes, I'm going to try to install big sur...

Although the verbose mode is very very fast, much more than Monterey or Ventura, I have looked and I do not see the PCI failures that appear in the newer systems..

And also on windows FENVI works great (y)

brc win.png

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
@ExtremeXT

I have taken some photos in verbose mode of big sur... if I see correctly the ARPT (fenvi) is activated... correct?

and no PCIe errors

and I have not removed the NVMe and it does not panic

EFD34EC2-FC4A-497A-A314-7A8EF230CCEB.jpeg

hvv_

AMD OS X Member
@PoMpIs

I think the problem really comes up with the security that Apple has added since MacOS Monterey 12.3, Because of this feature there should be AppleVTD present. (With MacOS Big Sur you don't get PCI failure because the security feature is not there yet).

To turn on AppleVTD is only possible on an Intel CPU. You have to enable Intel VT-D in the bios for this, (Which you probably have enabled on you Intel Alder Lake) This is probably why the I225-V does work on your Intel Alder Lake.

I am stuck on the same problem with my Aquantia NIC. But unfortunately there is almost nothing to find about it. I am still on MacOS 12.2.1.

Would there be someone who could make a patch for this?

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
@PoMpIs

I think the problem really comes up with the security that Apple has added since MacOS Monterey 12.3, Because of this feature there should be AppleVTD present. (With MacOS Big Sur you don't get PCI failure because the security feature is not there yet).

To turn on AppleVTD is only possible on an Intel CPU. You have to enable Intel VT-D in the bios for this, (Which you probably have enabled on you Intel Alder Lake) This is probably why the I225-V does work on your Intel Alder Lake.

I am stuck on the same problem with my Aquantia NIC. But unfortunately there is almost nothing to find about it. I am still on MacOS 12.2.1.

I think it's different here, not only is the I225-V NIC not working, but also any other PCIe port connecting to the chipset (the ones connected to the CPU work)

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
@PoMpIs

That is correct (y), in my asus B660F gaming i225v it works with VT-D activated, but my Asus B550E gaming also works with an i225v version 2

Is it stuck there?

No no, it continues to the installation screen, but the background remains gray and the installation wizard does not appear

I'm going to try to install big sur with the laptop in an SSD via USB and if it works I put it in the Ryzen... but I think that big sur will not have any problem with the PCIe....

And in case it works in big sur, does this have a solution for Monterey/ventura? Will it happen on all other MSI/Gigabyte/Asrock boards??

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
I think it's different here, not only is the I225-V NIC not working, but also any other PCIe port connecting to the chipset (the ones connected to the CPU work)

No.. the M-2 that goes to the CPU doesn't work either

The M.2_1 port is connected to the CPU, and it doesn't work with NVMe since I've tested it...

I also have an M.2_ to PCIe adapter, and I have tried it and I have put the FENVI there, and in windows it works normally and in monterey it gives the same error

hvv_

AMD OS X Member
@ExtremeXT

But that is precisely the problem with any PCIe device that is not directly on the CPU, Only the GPU works because here that AppleVTD does not apply but for any other PCIe addon card, you have that problem.

I do not want to say that I could be wrong but this seems to be the problem because I have already tried to add a Thunderbolt PCIe card myself, which did not work for that reason. I also got a PCI Failure because of this.

My apologies if I could be wrong.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
@ExtremeXT

But that is precisely the problem with any PCIe device that is not directly on the CPU, Only the GPU works because here that AppleVTD does not apply but for any other PCIe addon card, you have that problem.

I do not want to say that I could be wrong but this seems to be the problem because I have already tried to add a Thunderbolt PCIe card myself, which did not work for that reason. I also got a PCI Failure because of this.

My apologies if I could be wrong.
Well, MSI boards which are known for this problem are working fine when downgrading the BIOS to before Ryzen 5000 support..

That is correct (y), in my asus B660F gaming i225v it works with VT-D activated, but my Asus B550E gaming also works with an i225v version 2

No no, it continues to the installation screen, but the background remains gray and the installation wizard does not appear

I'm going to try to install big sur with the laptop in an SSD via USB and if it works I put it in the Ryzen... but I think that big sur will not have any problem with the PCIe....

And in case it works in big sur, does this have a solution for Monterey/ventura? Will it happen on all other MSI/Gigabyte/Asrock boards??
I think (hopefully only ASUS) Zen 4 will be limited to Big Sur for now, the only thing we can do is hope ASUS fixes the bug, or we can submit a bug report ourselves and give them the info. For now we should try to get everything working on Big Sur :)

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
@ExtremeXT

But if VT-D is needed, how does my Ryzen 5900x work in Ventura?

And my 1600AF also with an MSI b450 an other 1600AF with an asus b450... and these are a rock, 100% stable

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
@ExtremeXT

But if VT-D is needed, how does my Ryzen 5900x work in Ventura?

And my 1600AF also with an MSI b450 an other 1600AF with an asus b450... and these are a rock, 100% stable
AFAIK VT-d is only needed for Aquantia NICs...

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Another thing that I forgot to mention, and that I tried this morning... both for DisplayPort and for the integrated audio, it does strange things, like the previous APUs... I don't like that very much, in the APUs it is already corrected ?? the audio is quite distorted 🤷‍♂️

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Another thing that I forgot to mention, and that I tried this morning... both for DisplayPort and for the integrated audio, it does strange things, like the previous APUs... I don't like that very much, in the APUs it is already corrected ?? the audio is quite distorted 🤷‍♂️
Hmm, try using Speedkeeper.

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Guys

Big Sur:

Captura de pantalla 2022-10-03 a las 21.00.20.png

All works

true

Captura de pantalla 2022-10-03 a las 21.00.35.pngCaptura de pantalla 2022-10-03 a las 21.00.51.pngCaptura de pantalla 2022-10-03 a las 21.00.59.pngCaptura de pantalla 2022-10-03 a las 21.01.04.pngCaptura de pantalla 2022-10-03 a las 21.01.10.pngCaptura de pantalla 2022-10-03 a las 21.01.15.pngCaptura de pantalla 2022-10-03 a las 21.01.30.png

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.