Ryzen 7000 Testing

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
** Aquantia Patches Updated for macOS Sonoma **

@Tormod informed me that our Aquantia patches were not working in macOS Sonoma. The conversation is located here. Although the driver is the same in Sonoma, it has been recompiled, which results in some surrounding bytes being modified. An updated patch set has been posted to the GitHub repo referenced below.

Fortunately we can still use 2 mask-based patches, one of which had to be modified.

Screenshot 2023-06-24 at 12.19.49 PM.png

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
UPDATE:
  • The new patches may not work in Sonoma Beta 2. I tested them in Beta 1 only. Checking...
  • KDK for beta 2 has not yet been posted to Apple's developer downloads. Cannot proceed until it becomes available.

UPDATE 2:
  • It seems we may need to update kernel quirk ForceAquantiaEthernet because AQC-107 is not being recognized in Sonoma beta 2:

UPDATE 3:​

• The latest OpenCore build includes a modified version of ForceAquantiaEthernet that works with Sonoma beta 2. Thanks @Tormod for pointing this out.
Screenshot 2023-06-24 at 2.22.05 PM.png

Last edited:

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
** Aquantia Patches Updated for macOS Sonoma **
Sonoma Beta 1 only​

@Tormod informed me that our Aquantia patches were not working in macOS Sonoma. The conversation is located here. Although the driver is the same in Sonoma, it has been recompiled, which results in some surrounding bytes being modified. An updated patch set has been posted to the GitHub repo referenced below.

Fortunately we can still use the 2 mask-based patches, one of which had to be modified.

View attachment 11107
Can you post the Ventura and Sonoma patches side by side? Byte masking might be viable to combine them.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
UPDATE:
  • The new patches may not work in Sonoma Beta 2. I tested them in Beta 1 only. Checking...
  • KDK for beta 2 has not yet been posted to Apple's developer downloads. Cannot proceed until it becomes available.

UPDATE 2:
  • It seems we may need to update kernel quirk ForceAquantiaEthernet because AQC-107 is not being recognized in Sonoma beta 2:
View attachment 11108
The device in the image is Broadcom Wi-Fi.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Can you post the Ventura and Sonoma patches side by side? Byte masking might be viable to combine them.
Byte masking has been applied -- the Set 2 patches in this post work across Monterey, Ventura and Sonoma:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Last edited:

Tormod

AMD OS X Member
Byte masking has been applied -- the Set 2 patches in this post work across Monterey, Ventura and Sonoma:

I can confirm that these work in both Ventura 13.4.1 and Sonoma Beta 2! For the patches to function in Sonoma, a build of OpenCore from the last two days must be used, since the ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk was updated recently. I tested the two patches @CaseySJ provided with this build.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I can confirm that these work in both Ventura 13.4.1 and Sonoma Beta 2! For the patches to function in Sonoma, a build of OpenCore from the last two days must be used, since the ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk was updated recently. I tested the two patches @CaseySJ provided with this build.
Awesome! So I was right about ForceAquantiaEthernet... :)

Screenshot 2023-06-24 at 7.05.32 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-24 at 8.57.44 PM.png

Last edited:

rodrigue7800

AMD OS X Member
hello !
the card graphics amd 7900 xt/ xtx is not work or work ?
the mainboard amd am5 ryzen is work matched functions
thank you !

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
hello !
the card graphics amd 7900 xt/ xtx is not work or work ?
the mainboard amd am5 ryzen is work matched functions
thank you !
Unfortunately the Ryzen 7900 XT/XTX do not work in macOS. I was hoping for support to be added in Sonoma, but that is looking unlikely.

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
IMG_20230627_225017_071.jpg
Voltage work good.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
** Intel WiFi with Sonoma **

As others are pointing out, we can indeed use itlwm in combination with HeliPort to use on-board Intel WiFi with Sonoma. At this time there is no Sonoma version of AirportItlwm, hence the need to use just itlwm.
  • Copy itlwm.kext into EFI/OC/Kexts
  • Add an entry in config.plist -> Kernel
  • Download HeliPort and copy it into Applications folder
  • We can keep SIP enabled (csr-active-config 00000000)
  • Reboot
When system starts up, run HeliPort from Applications folder. You should then see a WiFi icon in menu bar. Select your SSID from there.

On my Asus X670E Gene, the on-board Intel WiFi is just as fast as wired Ethernet!

UPDATE:

A test version of AirportItlwm for Sonoma is available from here:

We can rename it to AirportItlwm-Sonoma.kext and install it as shown (be sure to copy it to EFI/OC/Kexts folder as well):
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 6.06.11 PM.png
Note:
  • We must disable itlwm.kext as shown above
  • We must not use Heliport any longer (if it was added to System Settings -> General -> Login Items, simply remove it from there)
  • We can also enable the WiFi icon in menu bar if it's turned off:
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 6.08.41 PM.png
Tested successfully on:
  • Asus X670E Gene (AM5 Ryzen platform)
  • Gigabyte Z390 Designare (Intel Coffee Lake CPU)

Last edited:

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
use the kext without any bootarg revpatch, if you use bluethoolfixup you must disable it before searching for update os

Attachments

• RestrictEvents-1.1.3-RELEASE.zip
    103.9 KB · Views: 8

Jumper981

AMD OS X Member

Hi Lorys89,
may i ask you if would be needed your AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext (14May on italian forum) or the stock repo one together with your SMCProcessorAMD.kext?
Many thanks in advance!

AMD OS X Member
View attachment 10957

Thanks to the great jobs done @CaseySJ and @ExtremeXT (ExtremeXT helped me to adjust some kext patches to break open core masking limits)

Clover boots and all devices are seen (ethernet/wifi/bt/thunderbolt in macOS Ventura) and all the same except WIFI in the first macOS onoma beta

AM5 users will have Audio problem (as we have had in the past before @Shaneee solution)..but maybe some coder could try to solve also this remaining Clover Problem....

Opencore is the best and more updated boot loader , I like to have also Clover booting in my system :) :) so No War please
Is it work fine? Could you share the appropriate EFI file with me please.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.