Ryzen 7000 Testing

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Are we going to be able to use the device ID from the supported BCM94360NG as a Fake ID (device-id) when running Sonoma for our BCM94360xxx cards?

Don't know why but every time I see the name Sonoma I think of the word insomnia!

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Are we going to be able to use the device ID from the supported BCM94360NG as a Fake ID (device-id) when running Sonoma for our BCM94360xxx cards?

Don't know why but every time I see the name Sonoma I think of the word insomnia!
Unfortunately, the BCM94360NG WiFi is also not supported in Sonoma. Only Bluetooth is supported.

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
my ax200 work good to mb asus. b650e-i
Screenshot 2023-06-12 alle 22.24.02.png

agent2

Donator
Donator
Hey guys, awesome job you've been doing until now on the troubleshooting! Hats off to everyone who has contributed. I just wanted to ask the lingering question here that many others probably have too: I have read everywhere now that Broadcom WiFi is at a dead end. Is this a definitive answer? Or are we too early into the beta testing to know for sure?
I have installed a T919 in my Zen 4 system and am contemplating if I should send it back due to Sonoma putting the T919 on the chopping block.
If the answer is there is a possibility for a fix, but it will take time, then I am happy to wait longer and keep rocking Ventura for now.
Thanks once more for the tireless efforts here and keep rocking!
Cheers!

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
I think that maybe with oclp you can make it go, but I think it's a dirty solution
I changed the broadcom I had on my systems am4 and am5 with intel ax200 and I'm fine, I do not use airdrop, files I share them between my devices on icloud drive, using itlwm also works wireless projection on my tv lg.. I cannot ask for more.
And to conclude the download speed of wifi intel ax is far superior to broadcom.
And icing on the cake, the dev of itlwm and airportitlwm is working on changing the dependencies of the kext airportitlwm that are currently to the old kext io80211familylegacy to that io80211family.
I hope he will be able to test a new kext in a short time.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@agent2,

As @Lorys89 mentioned, OpenCore Legacy Patcher (OCLP) may find a solution, but there is no guarantee. Use of Intel WiFi/BT is a viable option until — we hope — Fenvi or someone else produces a compatible Broadcom card.

I haven’t seen anything compelling in Sonoma yet, so holding on to Ventura seems like a good idea. Sonoma won’t be released until autumn, so that’s another reason to wait.

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ I do not think fenvi or other brands create wifi apple for hackintosh with modern chips, the wifi mbp or imac more recent have the bt uart and no longer usb and I think that the slot m2 ngff is Incompatible for uart bt.

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
Screenshot_2023-06-13-00-09-02-910_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Has anyone managed to see the 2nd Sonoma developer beta in Software Update?

On my Intel systems, the 2nd developer beta appears and gets installed without any issue, but not so on Ryzen...

My configuration:
  • MacPro 7,1
  • SIP enabled (csr-active-config = 00000000)
  • SecureBootModel = Default
  • OpenCore 0.9.3
  • Using on-board Intel WiFi on Asus X670E Gene
  • RestrictEvents 1.1.2 is in use

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Has anyone managed to see the 2nd Sonoma developer beta in Software Update?

On my Intel systems, the 2nd developer beta appears and gets installed without any issue, but not so on Ryzen...

My configuration:
  • MacPro 7,1
  • SIP enabled (csr-active-config = 00000000)
  • SecureBootModel = Default
  • OpenCore 0.9.3
  • Using on-board Intel WiFi on Asus X670E Gene
  • RestrictEvents 1.1.2 is in use
It's an issue with T2 SMBIOSes. You can either switch to one without T2 like iMac20,1 or spoof VMM with RestrictEvents (revpatch=auto,sbvmm)

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
It's an issue with T2 SMBIOSes. You can either switch to one without T2 like iMac20,1 or spoof VMM with RestrictEvents (revpatch=auto,sbvmm)
Thank you -- that works! I had been using revpatch=cpuname only.

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.