Ryzen 7000 Testing

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
so no hand-off and old school continuity? or can we spoof handoff to work with BT over ethernet?

also.. what is a "pull request" ?
the bad thing no airdrop (and all above you said) :)

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
the bad thing no airdrop (and all above you said) :)
I'm hoping that Fenvi or someone else will produce a compatible Broadcom WiFi/BT module. iMac19,1 has the Broadcom device 0x4464 whereas the Fenvi is 0x43E0.

Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 12.40.31 PM.png

It can't be that hard can it? Broadcom is already a partner or supplier to Fenvi:

Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 12.42.09 PM.png

Last edited:

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
1686323152377.png

Thanks to the great jobs done @CaseySJ and @ExtremeXT (ExtremeXT helped me to adjust some kext patches to break open core masking limits)

Clover boots and all devices are seen (ethernet/wifi/bt/thunderbolt in macOS Ventura) and all the same except WIFI in the first macOS onoma beta

AM5 users will have Audio problem (as we have had in the past before @Shaneee solution)..but maybe some coder could try to solve also this remaining Clover Problem....

Opencore is the best and more updated boot loader , I like to have also Clover booting in my system :) :) so No War please

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Thanks to the great jobs done @CaseySJ and @ExtremeXT (ExtremeXT helped me to adjust some kext patches to break open core masking limits)

Clover boots and all devices are seen (ethernet/wifi/bt/thunderbolt in macOS Ventura) and all the same except WIFI in the first macOS onoma beta

AM5 users will have Audio problem (as we have had in the past before @Shaneee solution)..but maybe some coder could try to solve also this remaining Clover Problem....

Opencore is the best and more updated boot loader , I like to have also Clover booting in my system :) :) so No War please
Hello @mariettosun,

Do you maintain the AMD-OSX -> Clover branch? Many of the past commits are yours. With regard to the new Pull Request for the Clover branch, are you simply updating the README file and the Comment fields in patches.plist?

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Sorry @CaseySJ i do not understand well latest part of your question
However clover has some problem with mask patching
Kext to patch section is based on your and ExtremeXT job (patches without masks)
And I have converted original Amd vanilla kernel patches in the past when me and others people of Macos86.it staff started kernel patches reduction some time ago

I hope I have no missed completely your question

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
** Intel WiFi with Sonoma **

As others are pointing out, we can indeed use itlwm in combination with HeliPort to use on-board Intel WiFi with Sonoma. At this time there is no Sonoma version of AirportItlwm, hence the need to use just itlwm.
  • Copy itlwm.kext into EFI/OC/Kexts
  • Add an entry in config.plist -> Kernel
  • Download HeliPort and copy it into Applications folder
  • We can keep SIP enabled (csr-active-config 00000000)
  • Reboot
When system starts up, run HeliPort from Applications folder. You should then see a WiFi icon in menu bar. Select your SSID from there.

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 1.46.01 PM.png

On my Asus X670E Gene, the on-board Intel WiFi is just as fast as wired Ethernet!

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 1.40.23 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 2.15.37 PM.png

Last edited:

ovenlite1

AMD OS X Member
On my Asus X670E Gene, the on-board Intel WiFi is​

just as fast as wired Ethernet

!​

View attachment 10969
Now this is interesting… previously working airdrop would’ve been a big desire, but if I actually sit down and think about it I haven’t had a need for it, and haven’t even used it in years…

May I ask what’s the state of bluetooth with onboard wireless? I don’t think I saw an update as I perused the latest. If that’s functioning, I may not have a need for the Broadcom swap I was looking into…

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Now this is interesting… previously working airdrop would’ve been a big desire, but if I actually sit down and think about it I haven’t had a need for it, and haven’t even used it in years…

May I ask what’s the state of bluetooth with onboard wireless? I don’t think I saw an update as I perused the latest. If that’s functioning, I may not have a need for the Broadcom swap I was looking into…
Unfortunately I haven't been able to activate Intel Bluetooth in Sonoma, but Fenvi's Bluetooth works just fine so I continue to have that card installed. In other words, on my Asus X670E Gene the configuration looks like this:
  • On-board Intel WiFi/BT module --> only WiFi is activated (itlwm)
  • Fenvi FV-T919 in the short PCIe slot --> only Bluetooth is activated
Update: Latest commit of BlueToolFixup (from BrcmPatchRAM) enables Intel Bluetooth in Sonoma.

Last edited:

ovenlite1

AMD OS X Member
Unfortunately I haven't been able to activate Intel Bluetooth in Sonoma, but Fenvi's Bluetooth works just fine so I continue to have that card installed. In other words, on my Asus X670E Gene the configuration looks like this:
I see, thanks for the clarification! I can think of maybe two bluetooth devices I would use, and if I'm being honest again, most of the time I prefer using them wired anyway :ROFLMAO:
Either way, exciting developments, thanks for sharing!

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Have you tried upgrading BlueToolFixup to latest commit?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Have you tried upgrading BlueToolFixup to latest commit?
I just saw @Lorys89's update for Sonoma that was committed yesterday. Will download and try it...

UPDATE: It works!!

Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 3.10.14 PM.png

Last edited:

ovenlite1

AMD OS X Member

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Nice! Glad to see it. I hope this isn't too silly a question, would this also be the same way to get onboard Intel WiFi/Bluetooth working in Ventura?
By the way, Bluetooth on BCM94360NG works in Sonoma with the latest BlueToolFixup (click here) and the steps in bullet #2

Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 4.00.40 PM.png

Last edited:

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member

ovenlite1

AMD OS X Member
For Intel WiFi in Ventura we can simply install AirportItlwm for Ventura
Must be off my game lately, was having trouble until I realized the ProArt x670 does NOT have intel wireless! It’s some sort of AMD/mediatek chip. Not a big deal. I had purchased a fenvi t919 but just hadn’t opened it yet, hoping I could just use onboard intel this time around.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Thanks for the good work. That link comes up 404, page not found though
It works for me via Safari on Sonoma. This link automatically starts a file download.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Thanks for the good work. That link comes up 404, page not found though
You need to be logged in to GitHub to download Artifacts.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I've more recently determined that BCM94360NG Bluetooth works natively in Sonoma without the need for any kext.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.