Ryzen 7000 Testing

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Is it work fine? Could you share the appropriate EFI file with me please.
Clover has audio problem, less of Opencore before working audio patch but not perfect

Reactions: www

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
new agesa for Hero and Others Asus motherboard
1690383166971.png

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
added a couple of new highdensity dimms
1690552713279.png

Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 15.48.17.png

DOCP tweaked set to 5200 (all settings in auto)

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Thats an impressive single core score! Are you overclocking?
No
I use only DOCP1 for ram (profile downgraded from 6400 to 5200)

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
No
I use only DOCP1 for ram (profile downgraded from 6400 to 5200)
Thanks, I get similar results in windows but in Ventura it varies and can be 500 points less. I'm using the same CPU on an Asus X670E ProArt board with DDR5 6000 MHz RAM (bios set at Expo II, rating shown in bios is 6000MHZ). Any tips or tweaks you can suggest? I'll post my EFI folder but its not significantly different than CaseySJs.

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@leesurone i use default settings then I disable asus logo and fast boot
Enable memory context (both values)
Enable power thermal limit (82)
Curve optimizer set to all core, negative,25/30
Aura disabled and all others setting as default
In windows I have pretty same results and some time it reaches 3000/19000 with geekbench 6.1
In cinebench R23 I have a better score in osx than windows os
39000 against 38000

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@leesurone i use default settings then I disable asus logo and fast boot
Enable memory context (both values)
Enable power thermal limit (82)
Curve optimizer set to all core, negative,25/30
Aura disabled and all others setting as default
In windows I have pretty same results and some time it reaches 3000/19000 with geekbench 6.1
In cinebench R23 I have a better score in osx than windows os
39000 against 38000
Thank you for sharing those settings, very helpful. I'll get into the bios and look to make this adjustments and report back later in the week.

amdeez

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
my ax200 work good to mb asus. b650e-i

Can you run an AX200/AX210 and Fenvi/Broadcom at the same time? I'd like to get Wifi 6 speed while keeping airdrop, continuity, etc.

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
I'll get into the bios and look to make this adjustments and report back later in the wee
Curve optimizer parameter must be set for your components 25/30 could be too much for you
try to start with 10/15 and see if your system is stable as usual (i mean rock solid)

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
Can you run an AX200/AX210 and Fenvi/Broadcom at the same time? I'd like to get Wifi 6 speed while keeping airdrop, continuity, etc.
not

jacoweb

AMD OS X Member
Hi there. I have a Asus ProArt X670E-Creator WIFI board, does anyone know if Thunderbolt 2 works? I have Focusrite Clarret 8Pre thunderbolt2 soundinterface, with Apple thunderbolt adapter. The card is not regonized in win or OSX.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hi there. I have a Asus ProArt X670E-Creator WIFI board, does anyone know if Thunderbolt 2 works? I have Focusrite Clarret 8Pre thunderbolt2 soundinterface, with Apple thunderbolt adapter. The card is not regonized in win or OSX.
Right. I have a similar setup (Z690 Asus Prime P D4). In order to make the Thunderbolt work you ideally need a Thunderbolt 3 Titan Ridge card and running with two SSDTs - SSDT-TB3/HP and SSDT-DTPG. Once you've set it up properly with the DisplayPort cable on the end slot going into the DP port and setting it as Discrete Card in the BIOS (enabling all the TB functions) you then need to first run and activate the card in Windows using the Intel TB control center app. From there, the card should be recognized from cold boot or hot plug using the SSDT-TB3HP. If you want further (real) functionality with the TB you'll need to flash the card with a modified BIOS, but this means it will be for macOS use only.

jacoweb

AMD OS X Member
Right. I have a similar setup (Z690 Asus Prime P D4). In order to make the Thunderbolt work you ideally need a Thunderbolt 3 Titan Ridge card and running with two SSDTs - SSDT-TB3/HP and SSDT-DTPG. Once you've set it up properly with the DisplayPort cable on the end slot going into the DP port and setting it as Discrete Card in the BIOS (enabling all the TB functions) you then need to first run and activate the card in Windows using the Intel TB control center app. From there, the card should be recognized from cold boot or hot plug using the SSDT-TB3HP. If you want further (real) functionality with the TB you'll need to flash the card with a modified BIOS, but this means it will be for macOS use only.
aha. so i can only use the builtin tb with newer thunderbolt interfaces like tb3?

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
aha. so i can only use the builtin tb with newer thunderbolt interfaces like tb3?
Well maybe (it's hard to tell). I've had TB2 based drives like the Drobo work off before okay on my TB4 adapter in the Asus. If you are have TB4 built-in on the motherboard you can use TB3 SSDTs also but ideally you need to use Maple Ridge SSDTs (connected or swapped for the right RP connector number of the TB card, which can be checked by using IORegistryExplorer and Hackintool).

jacoweb

AMD OS X Member
Ok. not so good with SSDTs, so i dunno where to start here.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Ok. not so good with SSDTs, so i dunno where to start here.
Okay. I assume you have a TB4 based motherboard? Ideally it should use something like SSDT-Maple-Ridge (which is a TB4 SSDT), but I can say from experience you can use SSDT-TB3 or SSDT-TB3-HP.aml for hot plug. Combined with a SSDT-DTPG your system should get some responses but only after activating it in Windows.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
All you do with the above SSDTs is put them into the OC/ACPI folder and enable them in the config.plist

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
We can run Intel WiFi and Broadcom Bluetooth at the same time:
  • WiFi from AX200/AX210 using AirportItlwm
  • Bluetooth from Fenvi FV-T919 using native driver
However, this combination will not enable the missing Continuity features of macOS.

jacoweb

AMD OS X Member
Okay. I assume you have a TB4 based motherboard? Ideally it should use something like SSDT-Maple-Ridge (which is a TB4 SSDT), but I can say from experience you can use SSDT-TB3 or SSDT-TB3-HP.aml for hot plug. Combined with a SSDT-DTPG your system should get some responses but only after activating it in Windows.

Yepp - and as i can see that my thunderbolt firmware (38) is not supporting thunderbolt-1 and 2 devices anymore, so i need to figure out if i can find another bios with older firmware to get it working.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.