macOS Sonoma on AMD

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
With only changing the MaxVersion on the kernel patches and updating Lilu macOS Sonoma works just fine :D

Edit: I don't recommend updating your current system with Sonoma. If you want to test it use a different drive/partition.

Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 16.12.09.png

ManuelB

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
update is out...

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Just letting you guys know IntelBTPatcher has been fixed with regards to crashing (with Sonoma).

craighazan

Donator
Donator
What am I missing?. WiFi works great in Ventura but not in Sonoma, unsurprisingly!. But BlueTooth is my priority here, I can switch it on in Ventura and Sonoma but it switches off again after 30 seconds. Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 9.24.21 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 9.27.08 AM.png

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
@craighazan,

I believe you need the latest update of the beta version of Airportitlwm for Sonoma.

As for the BT am not so sure since it seems you already have the updated IntelBTPatcher.

Steve901

AMD OS X Member
@craighazan,

I believe you need the latest update of the beta version of Airportitlwm for Sonoma.

As for the BT am not so sure since it seems you already have the updated IntelBTPatcher.
Hi Guys, I am need some help.
I am trying to install sonoma in another separate SSD. it get blocked during booting;
What I have done:
1. Update 1.66 Lilu
2. Set Max Kernel as 23.29.29 (This was wrong type, in EFI, it is 23.99.99)
3. Delete old CPU paths and update with new version, and change the setting to 6 cores.
4. Use the EFI which working well for Ventura.
5. NVMeFix.kext have been disabled.
6. EFI attached.

What else I have missed ?

1691203534309.png
1691207214936-png.11580

Attachments

• WechatIMG8.jpg
    WechatIMG8.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 14
  • EFI-steve901-Sonoma-block.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hi @Steve901,

Try changing the Max Kernel to 23.99.99, disable NVMeFix.kext and set Misc > Security > Secure Boot to disabled.

Steve901

AMD OS X Member
Hi @Steve901,

Try changing the Max Kernel to 23.99.99, disable NVMeFix.kext and set Misc > Security > Secure Boot to disabled.
Hi Middleman,
Thank you for reply, What you mentioned have been done, still not working, the same.

1691207095388.png
1691207214936.png
1691207277539.png

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Okay. I saw you disabled USBPorts.kext. Why did you do that? That’s an essential kext. Btw you should also disable AppleCPUPmCfgLock & AppleXCPMCfgLock. They’re not required afaik.

Steve901

AMD OS X Member
Okay. I saw you disabled USBPorts.kext. Why did you do that? That’s an essential kext. Btw you should also disable AppleCPUPmCfgLock & AppleXCPMCfgLock. They’re not required afaik.

I just thought USB have been mapped in ACPI, I already change it into Enable.
And disable AppleCPUPmcfgLock & AppleXCPMCfgLock.

It end up with a rebooting loop.
I even could not have the chance to recognize the failure code. :ROFLMAO:

1691215781395.png

Steve901

AMD OS X Member
I just thought USB have been mapped in ACPI, I already change it into Enable.
And disable AppleCPUPmcfgLock & AppleXCPMCfgLock.

It end up with a rebooting loop.
I even could not have the chance to recognize the failure code. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 11582

I successfully managed to install Sonoma on my PC. (Main issue was the Max Kernel in CPU path )
But with two Mac system, you should be very careful, access the file of different OS might cause trouble.
And Ventura seems smoother and more stable than Sonoma.
Avoiding conflicts, I have deleted the Sonoma SSD.

jsl2020

AMD OS X Member
After many trials and errors my M5A(FX-6300) can boot Sonoma with Clover 5151 now !

The key issue is related to my GPU RX-560 which need RadeonDeInit to avoid blank screen before login desktop and also fix previous unable to wakeup from sleep issue at Ventura/Sonoma now !
Can anyone help me how to convert RadeonInit function to OpenCore ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-19 at 11.55.45 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-19 at 11.55.45 AM.png
    524 KB · Views: 16
  • config.plist
    29.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
After many trials and errors my M5A(FX-6300) can boot Sonoma with Clover 5151 now !

The key issue is related to my GPU RX-560 which need RadeonDeInit to avoid blank screen before login desktop and also fix previous unable to wakeup from sleep issue at Ventura/Sonoma now !
Can anyone help me how to convert RadeonInit function to OpenCore ?

There's no need. According to the Dortania guide this function is now handled by Whatevergreen automatically.

Screenshot 2023-08-20 at 12.20.25 PM.png

jsl2020

AMD OS X Member
There's no need. According to the Dortania guide this function is now handled by Whatevergreen automatically.

View attachment 11673
But in my hackintosh it keeps on blank screen which means no working of WhateverGreen.
Only booted by Clover 5151 can fix this issue now.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
But in my hackintosh it keeps on blank screen which means no working of WhateverGreen.
Only booted by Clover 5151 can fix this issue now.
Well in that case the RadeonDeinit SSDT is there should you need it, under the Dortania Clover to Opencore conversion guide.

jsl2020

AMD OS X Member
Well in that case the RadeonDeinit SSDT is there should you need it, under the Dortania Clover to Opencore conversion guide.
Unfortunately that SSDT.aml did not fix RX-560's blank screen issue at all.
So up to now I can boot by Clover 5151/5154 only without this blank screen issue.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Did you edit the SSDT-Radeon-Deinit.dsl table and then compile the table to create a SSDT-Radeon-Deinit.aml table that matches the ACPI address for your RX560? As using the SSDT in its default format won't necessarily match and work with your system.

This is the default ACPI address/path used in the SSDT.

Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 11.48.07.png

Does this match with your GPU's ACPI address/path? Check in IORegistryExplorer or on the Hackintool > PCIe devices tab to see which ACPI address/path your GPU uses.

Attachments

• SSDT-Radeon_Deint.dsl.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 6

jsl2020

AMD OS X Member
Did you edit the SSDT-Radeon-Deinit.dsl table and then compile the table to create a SSDT-Radeon-Deinit.aml table that matches the ACPI address for your RX560? As using the SSDT in its default format won't necessarily match and work with your system.

This is the default ACPI address/path used in the SSDT.

View attachment 11686

Does this match with your GPU's ACPI address/path? Check in IORegistryExplorer or on the Hackintool > PCIe devices tab to see which ACPI address/path your GPU uses.
Thanks for your advice.
I have modified its ACPI address/path to mines according to Hacintool/IORegistryExplorer, but still got blank screen issue if booted by OpenCore 0.9.4.
No such an issue if booted by Clover 5151/5154 which bothered me up to now because there's two bugs in my legacy boot Clover:
1. Loss of boot-args in NVRAM after login desktop. I must enter Terminal to fix it by sudo nvram boot-args="xxxxxxxxxxxx".
2. Unable to update my hackintosh at BigSur/Monterey/Ventura/Sonoma in which it always got reboot-loop during update.
That's why I'm asking for help to fix this quite unusual blank screen issue of RX560 in M5A(FX-6300) if booted by OpenCore.

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
I need a second pair of eyes to check things over.
Thought upgrading would be a cinch, but I keep running onto the same issue. Apple logo appears, the progress bar rockets to 10% in a fraction of a second and reboots.
All Kexts updated, OC updated, and max kernel versions changed.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    60.5 MB · Views: 12

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
I ran into that installer behavior when I booted to Ventura while Sonoma MacOS Installer boot option was available (had to make quick changes to OC config).
The problem went away by having Ventura download the update all over again and try installing again from start.
I see limit cpu cores kernel patch maxkernel is not 23.x.x but I’m guessing it was a new patch from github.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.