Ryzen 7000 Testing

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
I may borrow these kexts form your build :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
and this is often a big error :)
my advice is to test your system with a minimal EFI without too much kexts
then then your system starts as you like you can refine USB for wake or WIFI/BT I use a Fenvi t919 (internal WIFI/BT Hero disabled)

Our System has also ASMedia USB controller and these kind of USB could be problematic to wake from USB (keyboard or mouse) if you disable ASMedia Controller you could have wake from sleep with power button or via USB devic
I prefer to use External usb ports connected to ASMedia controller, so I can live with wake as I have (only with power button)

Our system has some features that others here dont have (6 sata ports in two Sata controllers), but with some patience all is working fine
Thanks to enormous job done by @CaseySJ here we have a pretty well working system

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I am sure this is true for some boards, but I have never mapped USB (current and past Hacks', nor through DSDT) and sleep works fine, as do all my ports. Then again, all my boards have been Gigabyte.
What @Edhawk is saying is true across the board and well documented. Incorrect or missing USB port mapping is the number one reason sleep/ wake behavior is an issue. It can be other hardware but about 95% of the time you fix USB and you fix sleep. IMHO its worth spending the time on to get a fully functioning hack.

Tenshou

AMD OS X Member
I am kind of the same way.. at least with my X570/5950X iMacPro build. said system can wake from sleep after being asleep for 40 minutes and annoyingly also wakes itself up when my iPhone rings (it's a beloved feature of MacOS, I know) but when I would have it sleeping for several hours, or overnight, it would refuse to wake in the morning.

so I disabled sleep.

unfortunately the sleep settings seem to have changed recently. I remember distinctly there was a slider for sleep that you could slide all the way to "never" and sleep would be totally avoided.

I don't know if Ventura did away with it completely, but on my newer X670E / 7950X build that is running Monterey 12.4, the sider is no longer there. so I have to hopeit never sleeps.

Meantime @camonz ,

you say you never map any of these systems but your config.plist contains references to both USBToolBox.kext and UTBMap.kext so your build sounds pretty well mapped to me.

I may borrow these kexts form your build :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

also in the next few weeks I am going to have another crack at building the X670E Creator. hopefully the Debug will spit out some useful information for the whitelist this time around.
You can use my EFI for your Creator build. Everything works except Thunderbolt.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
You can use my EFI for your Creator build. Everything works except Thunderbolt.
For those with the same board:
Make sure you use Bios 705. The EFI posted earlier will work.

Very interesting observation regarding BIOS 0705.

on my original Creator Mobo i updated it to 0805 using BIOS Flash before installing any OS on it.

with the Hero, I decided to install Win 11 while still on stock 0705 BIOS and the Windows install kept failing.

so I updated to 0805 and Windows installed just fine.

I wonder if the Monterey to Ventura workaround is the key to Thunderbolt functionality.

on my X570/5950x Build I started with Monterey 12.4 and slowly made my way up to Ventura 13.0.

Thunderbolt works well on this system, but I also think I have a TB SSDT I found on HackinDROM.

Tenshou

AMD OS X Member
When you get your creator, pm me. I’ll walk you through how to get it working. Over the last few weeks, I figured out how to get it working with 805 bios, along with sleep and etc…. Installing Ventura works now. No need to update from Monterrey

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
What @Edhawk is saying is true across the board and well documented. Incorrect or missing USB port mapping is the number one reason sleep/ wake behavior is an issue. It can be other hardware but about 95% of the time you fix USB and you fix sleep. IMHO its worth spending the time on to get a fully functioning hack.

I am well aware of USB issues on certain MOBOs. OG member of the Hackintosh community since the Boot 123 days and know all too well what problems USB (ports and devices) can cause for certain functionality. All I am saying is the sometimes things just work, especially with Gigabyte, so why go through the trouble?

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
When you get your creator, pm me. I’ll walk you through how to get it working. Over the last few weeks, I figured out how to get it working with 805 bios, along with sleep and etc…. Installing Ventura works now. No need to update from Monterrey

Yes i'll be starting with Monterey. the urge to update my XX670E (Hero) /7950X build to Ventura is strong but my primary interest in Ventura was Continuity Camera (which doesn't yet work on a Ryzentosh, ) and also Stage Manager, which I actually find annoyingly cumbersome.

Like -- I don't need spaces to be separated by App. I need spaces to be separated by "task at hand"

dragging and dropping a single file -- a staple of the MacOS for more than 30 years -- has become this cumbersome/tedious process. why does the desktop hide my files that I keep there for easy access when I am working in another app? is this a file system, or is something else???

thank god hot corners / expose still works even with Center Stage enabled!

/Rant off

anyway I will be sticking w\ Monterey until Continuity Camera comes to AMD processors.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I am well aware of USB issues on certain MOBOs. OG member of the Hackintosh community since the Boot 123 days and know all too well what problems USB (ports and devices) can cause for certain functionality. All I am saying is the sometimes things just work, especially with Gigabyte, so why go through the trouble?
That's never been my experience, and I've had a quite a few Gigabyte builds starting back in 2008 but hey, if it works why bother fixing it. Certainly not the norm though as post after post on hackintosh forums detail USB problems.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Not been my experience either. It didn't matter which make of motherboard I have used, Gigabyte, Asus, MSI or ASRock. I have always needed to map the USB ports (since El Capitan). Especially for sleep to work correctly and to be able to wake the system using the mouse or keyboard.

Not undertaking the USB map/configuration would be a poor instruction/guidance for anyone starting out with a Hackintosh.

As this is one of, if not the most essential tasks to be undertaken, if you want to get a Hack that works 100% with macOS.

Vorshim92

AMD OS X Member
** Compact Version of Aquantia Driver Patches **

Description:
We can use the six previously-listed driver patches or we can make use of OpenCore's Mask and ReplaceMask features to reduce the number of patches to simply two. Only one set of patches should be applied, and we can use either the full set of 6 or the compact set of 2.

The compact driver patches are listed below and have also been added to the bottom of the original driver post.

Patch 1: Fix alloc_dma_buffer
  • Arch: x86_64
  • Identifier: com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion
  • Comment: CaseySJ - Fix alloc_dma_buffer
  • Find: 4C89E741 B8030000 00
  • Replace: 4C89F741 B8130000 00
  • Mask: FFFFE7FF FFFFFFFF FF
  • ReplaceMask: 00000000 00100000 00
  • MinKernel: 21.0.0
  • MaxKernel: 22.99.99
  • Count: 3
  • Enabled: True
Patch 2: Fix IOBufferMemoryDescriptor::withOptions
  • Arch: x86_64
  • Identifier: com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion
  • Comment: CaseySJ - Fix IOBufferMemoryDescriptor::withOptions
  • Find: BA000000 00BF0000 0000
  • Replace: BA000200 00BF1300 0000
  • Mask: FFFF00FF FFFFF0FF FFFF
  • ReplaceMask: 00000000 00001000 0000
  • MinKernel: 21.0.0
  • MaxKernel: 22.99.99
  • Count: 3
  • Enabled: True
Hi @CaseySJ
is this valid also for Big Sur? I see MinKernel 21 (Monterey)

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Hi @CaseySJ
is this valid also for Big Sur? I see MinKernel 21 (Monterey)
These are not needed in Big Sur. Aquantia AQC-107 will work in Big Sur with just kernel quirk ForceAquantiaEthernet turned on.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
** New Jonsbo D31 mATX Case **
Coming Soon (Mid February)​

My current Asus X670E Gene mATX system is built inside a Jonsbo D30, which looks like this:

81tsmqYQN0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71-eFZeflUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Jonsbo has recently announced the new D31, which comes in both (a) mesh and (b) solid front panel versions (available now). In addition, models with an 8" high-resolution 162 ppi (pixels per inch) screen (1280x800) were also announced (shipping mid February). Available in both black and white.

71G8gJJWl2L._AC_SL1280_.jpg 61nWaH5KcmL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

Front screen is detachable and may be used on desktop as a second monitor. Uses HDMI connector. When screen is removed, a supplied replacement panel can be installed as shown:

71PhQheXIAL._AC_SL1280_.jpg 8b26c9b06ee34e7d8a8af90c9307718f855e0a97e7ffa8707a6fe88764f64160.jpg

The new D31 is slightly larger than D30 in all 3 dimensions for greater flexibility. Some notes:
  • D31 supports two 2.5" SATA SSDs versus three in the previous model
  • D31 has a proper USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10Gbps) front panel USB-C connector versus 5 Gbps in the previous model
  • D31 features all-metal construction versus plastic top cover in previous model
Yes I have already preordered the Black Mesh Screen version. I'll move my Asus X670E Gene into the new chassis when it arrives. My evil plan is to enable the AMD iGPU and connect the motherboard's HDMI port to the Jonsbo's 8-inch screen. After all, (a) why waste the only HDMI connector on RX 6800 and (b) front screen does not need accelerated video. This also provides a use for the iGPU -- why disable it when it can serve an auxiliary function?

If this plan fails, there are still some options:
  • Use the one and only HDMI connector on RX 6800 (which I prefer not to do)
  • Use a DP-to-HDMI cable and connect one of the 3 DisplayPorts on RX 6800 (which I can happily do)

Available from both Amazon and Newegg.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Jonsbo also has the same case in full ATX form factor. It's called the D41. Screen is detachable and may be used on desktop as second monitor with HDMI connector.

AY3SS2301280GNM8P08.jpg AY3SS2301280GU3R705.jpg AY3SS22122309W4CU17.jpg

Last edited:

Vorshim92

AMD OS X Member
These are not needed in Big Sur. Aquantia AQC-107 will work in Big Sur with just kernel quirk ForceAquantiaEthernet turned on.
ok thank you! I'm trying to figure out how to make it work on big sur. I buy Asus ProArt x570 with this AQC113CS NBase-T/IEEE 802.3bz Ethernet Controller [AQtion] - ID:0x94c0
I tried the quirk and nothing. I tried also to add this in DP this but nothing:

any idea?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
ok thank you! I'm trying to figure out how to make it work on big sur. I buy Asus ProArt x570 with this AQC113CS NBase-T/IEEE 802.3bz Ethernet Controller [AQtion] - ID:0x94c0
I tried the quirk and nothing. I tried also to add this in DP this but nothing:

any idea?
Hello @Vorshim92

AQC-113 is not supported in Big Sur. Here's a reference table:

DeviceBig SurMonterey and Ventura
AQC-107YesYes
AQC-113NoYes

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Jonsbo also has the same case in full ATX form factor. It's called the D41. Screen is detachable and may be used on desktop as second monitor with HDMI connector.

View attachment 9606

Very nice..

cool screen for sure!!

is the lower part of the front made of mesh?

personally I like cases with intake in the front and bottom and exhaust ap top or in the back.

that's why I love the Fractal Torrent.

i'm also one of those idiots that bought into the MacPro 7,1 looking case 2.5 years ago. it was my dream to build a hackintosh in a case that looked like a MacPro7,1.

currently I am trying to find a Fractal North to build my X670E Creator that was RMAed and wassupposed to live in the Fractal Torrent case that now houses my X670E Hero.

I have never built a PC where the power supply didn't live up top.. the Fractal North build is going to be interesting,

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

is the lower part of the front made of mesh?
Correct - Lower part of the front is mesh. The replacement cover for the top part is also mesh.

personally I like cases with intake in the front and bottom and exhaust ap top or in the back.
Front, Top, and Bottom are mesh panels. Rear is ventilated just like all other cases.

currently I am trying to find a Fractal North to build my X670E Creator that was RMAed and wassupposed to live in the Fractal Torrent case that now houses my X670E Hero.
I was tempted by the Fractal North until I read user reviews indicating poor or flimsy build quality (i.e. metal panels are a bit too thin). I don't have first-hand experience, however...

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
some thoughts...

My system is:
ASUS Rog X67E Hero
7950x
128 Gb DDR5 5200 Mhz (@3600)
AMD 6900 XT
a couple of internal NVME and an external thunderbolt case with an NVME drive.
In my bios I had thunderbol enabled and only wifi and BT disabled as I was using the card below

Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 8.45.51 AM.png

with this card mounted in the last slot I had all the functionality without any problems (Thunderbolt without Hot Plug, airdrop, wifi and so on)
I then decided to make this board compatible with OSX:

Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 8.42.33 AM.png

I enabled wifi and bluetooth from bios and verified in windows that I had mounted the wifi card well instead of the stock one
all working

i start in OSX and this is where the problems start (i am using Ventura but today i want to try Big Sur)

Basically with everything on you lose many functions (i225 ethernet, wifi, BT, USB, thunderbolt)
to get everything but wifi working again, you have to disable wifi in the bios
On the other hand, if I disable thunderbolt and enable everything else, everything works except thunderbolt of course

It seems like there is no physical space for all our devices (said approximately and without technical pretensions)

what are your experiences in this ?

With the PCIE card everything was perfect (obviously disabling WIFI AND BT from bios)

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
My X670E Gene exhibits the same behavior, namely:
  • Internal WiFi disabled
    • Allows Thunderbolt to be enabled
    • Allows i225-V to work
    • Allows Broadcom WiFi/BT in PCIe slot to work
  • Internal Thunderbolt disabled
    • Allows Intel WiFi/BT to work
    • Allows i225-V to work
    • Allows Broadcom WiFi/BT in PCIe slot to work
There appears to be a conflict in macOS between internal WiFi and internal Thunderbolt. We cannot enable both at the same time.

I’ll check whether this is true in Big Sur and Monterey, or only in Ventura.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.