Ryzen 7000 Testing

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
****!!, I forgot to activate the kext AppleIntel210 in ventura... 😦...as soon as I get home I'll try...

and yes, it is stable in ventura with that efi and it goes better than big sur, the system is smoother

but the NVME is necessary to remove it otherwise there is a panic shortly after passing the pre-boot...

the audio via HDMI/DP in ventura works quite well... the ALC4080 is impossible, it is useless in any of the three systems tested (big sur, monterey and ventura)...very bad
Can you try toggling more PCIe settings in the BIOS?

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Can you try toggling more PCIe settings in the BIOS?

I don't have many more PCIe options in the bios. :rolleyes:

The monterey Kext for the i225v has not worked... in monterey and ventura the PCI still does not work..

Do you have that IOPCIFamily ready to try? yesterday you asked me if I tried it, but you didn't attach it

I just received a ASUS StrixE-A with 7950x, the white motherboard with very little difference. What bios settings are you using PoMpls? thanks:)

Nothing important, for the moment I have only activated the profile of the memories in DOCP, I have deactivated wl wiffi and bluetooth on the board, and little else... yesterday to try I deactivated PCIE ARI... and nothing else

Attachments

• Mac Pro.zip
    882.5 KB · Views: 4

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
I don't have many more PCIe options in the bios. :rolleyes:

The monterey Kext for the i225v has not worked... in monterey and ventura the PCI still does not work..

Do you have that IOPCIFamily ready to try? yesterday you asked me if I tried it, but you didn't attach it

Nothing important, for the moment I have only activated the profile of the memories in DOCP, I have deactivated wl wiffi and bluetooth on the board, and little else... yesterday to try I deactivated PCIE ARI... and nothing else
The kext + Kernel Block entry is in my old EFI... I'm not home right now so I can't attach it...

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
So Der8bauer ranked the BeQuiet Pure Loop FX 2 (360mm) as the poorest performer in this series:

Just my luck that I would come across this video on the same day the Pure Loop 2 FX is being delivered. :) Will look for user reviews. I'm still inclined to keep the Pure Loop because of very favorable past history with BeQuiet products.

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Daaaaarn...these results are on par with M1 Ultra which is amazing. CB23 too...

It's a little better in Ventura 🤭

And here what my 12900k

In geekbench they are equal, in Cinebench they are not, the 7950x wins

And here my current alder lake, a 12400F at 5.120Mhz (it's very good for only 180€)

Last edited:

craighazan

Donator
Donator
@PoMpIs Can you show us a Metal bench from GB5 please?

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
@ExtremeXT

The script works fine, but after rebooting as soon as it goes past pre-boot it reboots, it's impossible to boot back into that monterey installation

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
@ExtremeXT

The script works fine, but after rebooting as soon as it goes past pre-boot it reboots, it's impossible to boot back into that monterey installation
Did you set csr-active-config to FF0F0000? Try resetting NVRAM to make sure it applied.

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Did you set csr-active-config to FF0F0000? Try resetting NVRAM to make sure it applied.

Of course, I did everything... The installation of monterrey in that SSD was unusable 😅 .. The ryzen reboots instantly

PS: There are already more people with Ryzen 7000 around here, right? Has anyone else tried a different motherboard? .. this asus is in a BETA bios and it may be the cause of all these problems

rhys

AMD OS X Member
Of course, I did everything... The installation of monterrey in that SSD was unusable 😅 .. The ryzen reboots instantly

PS: There are already more people with Ryzen 7000 around here, right? Has anyone else tried a different motherboard? .. this asus is in a BETA bios and it may be the cause of all these problems
Just waiting on mobo, and I'll join in when I can. I think some others already have all their parts, I'm sure we'l hear from them soon.

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Just waiting on mobo, and I'll join in when I can. I think some others already have all their parts, I'm sure we'l hear from them soon.
I'm waiting to hear which board works best. I hope Asus works out because gigabytes offerings are lacking this time around.

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
@ExtremeXT i have tried ryzen monetrey ssd in another computer and it works fine....So I guess it's a problem with my motherboard.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Just received motherboard and cooler. CPU arriving in a couple of hours.

AM5 Parts - Part 1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.