Ryzen 7000 Testing

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
@PoMpIs
Can you try this EFI?
Changes:
  • Added another SSDT-IGPU-DISABLE.aml
  • Added Big Sur's IOPCIFamily to Kexts (limited to Monterey only)
  • Blocked vanilla IOPCIFamily on Monterey+ (Hopefully these 2 will help with the PCI issue on Monterey+, but I have no idea if it'll even boot)
  • Added CpuTscSync which is for Intel but from what I could see in the code it should work on AMD too, at least under Big Sur and below (I limited to Big Sur and below for now), hopefully will improve audio situation

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 8

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
@CaseySJ How do you know that DP60 is the correct device?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@CaseySJ How do you know that DP60 is the correct device?
It's a guess actually! If we examine the AMDTable, we can see below that it's trying to add a Device (SPT0) in which AMDIF031 is being referenced. This is related to GPIO driver. Per the Linux screenshot in previous post, it's part of ASMedia's code.

Although ASMedia makes more than just USB controllers, the first thought that came to mind was "okay, maybe DP68 is related to USB". Device DP60 happens to be a USB hub.

Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 12.23.26 PM.png

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
It's a guess actually! If we examine the AMDTable, we can see below that it's trying to add a Device (SPT0) in which AMDIF031 is being referenced. This is related to GPIO driver. Per the Linux screenshot in previous post, it's part of ASMedia's code.

Although ASMedia makes more than just USB controllers, the first thought that came to mind was "okay, maybe DP68 is related to USB". Device DP60 happens to be a USB hub.

View attachment 7626
AMD GPIO isn't strictly related to USB, but might be related (?)
Source: https://www.minitool.com/lib/amd-gpio-driver.html

What Is AMD GPIO Driver?​

The AMD GPIO driver is a special type of AMD driver for general-purpose input/output (GPIO) controller device, which configures GPIO pins to perform low-speed data I/O operations to act as device-selects and to receive interrupt requests.

Since Windows 8 operating system (OS), the GPIO framework extension (GpioClx) simplifies the process of writing a driver for a GPIO controller. Besides, GpioClx provides a uniform I/O request interface to peripheral device drivers that communicate with devices that connect to GPIO pins on a controller.

CPU need one GPIO driver and the chipset itself requires one (collectively cod named Promontory for AM4).

I think we need 2 ACPI patches, one for External and one for Scope.

Glad that more people are joining in on this, hopefully we will get the OP's Zen 4 system to work properly!

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Guys, with the Ultimate EFI from @ExtremeXT there is no more iGPU !! :DCaptura de pantalla 2022-10-04 a las 21.25.02.png
Captura de pantalla 2022-10-04 a las 21.26.32.png
But I lose the Audio ALC4080 USB 2.0..

But the AUDIO by HDMI/DP improves a lot, it has some minimal stops, but it is an improvement of 80% with respect to the EFI that it had before this one...

And if I put cinebench in the background, the HDMI/DP Audio is no longer cut at all, It's perfect as in my other hacks ...

If I remove cinebench it stutters again, but almost nothing, it is still usable

@CaseySJ

The Config.plist did not work, I still had the iGPU active

Attachments

• Mac Pro de PoMpI-s.zip
    848.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Captura de pantalla 2022-10-04 a las 21.35.18.png
    Captura de pantalla 2022-10-04 a las 21.35.18.png
    1,002.3 KB · Views: 10

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Guys, with the Ultimate EFI from @ExtremeXT there is no more iGPU !! :DView attachment 7628
View attachment 7627

But the AUDIO by HDMI/DP improves a lot, it has some minimal stops, but it is an improvement of 80% with respect to the EFI that it had before this one...

And if I put cinebench in the background, the HDMI/DP Audio is no longer cut at all, It's perfect as in my other hacks ...

@CaseySJ

Okay, that's really odd that the USB Audio is gone... Does disabling SSDT-IGPU-DISABLE.aml re-add it?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Guys, with the Ultimate EFI from @ExtremeXT there is no more iGPU !! :D
@ExtremeXT,

Thanks for fixing my underscores!! :)

Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 12.37.45 PM.png

Strange...

@CaseySJ

The ACPI patch is to try and fix wake-from-sleep!

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Okay, that's really odd that the USB Audio is gone... Does disabling SSDT-IGPU-DISABLE.aml re-add it?

Yes, I try now to deactivate it and see if the USB audio returns

By the way... With this EFI the sleep works wonderfully(y)

will-smith-clap.gif

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Yes, I try now to deactivate it and see if the USB audio returns

By the way... With this EFI the sleep works wonderfully(y)

will-smith-clap.gif
So the iGPU was the one breaking wake, good to know, we should still fix the ACPI error like @CaseySJ suggested for the best operation though.

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
@ExtremeXT

Well, USB audio doesn't work with this EFI, it doesn't matter if I use SSDT-iGPU or not

Captura de pantalla 2022-10-04 a las 21.51.45.png

Attachments

• Mac Pro de PoMpI-s.zip
    841.6 KB · Views: 0

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Some interesting comparisons. It seems that with iGPU disabled, the USB port map no longer takes effect.

Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 12.46.47 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-10-04 at 12.47.36 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-10-04 at 12.48.18 PM.png

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
So my EFI somehow broke the USB map? Can you try the old USB Map with USBToolBox classes?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@PoMpIs

Here's your latest EFI with the new iGPU disabling SSDT.

Attachments

• EFI-V4.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 9

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Have to step out for an event. Will check in whenever I can.

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ @ExtremeXT

Tried this new EFI... USB audio works and I don't have the iGPU ✌️ Captura de pantalla 2022-10-04 a las 22.05.51.png

But, the USB audio continues to be heard very badly, it is not worth using... although it has improved a little by not having the iGPU... I have tried to put the CPU to work with cinebench, but it does not improve anything

PS: wow!! now the audio over HDMI/DP is also bad again

Attachments

• Mac Pro de PoMpI-s.zip
    859.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Captura de pantalla 2022-10-04 a las 22.05.58.png
    Captura de pantalla 2022-10-04 a las 22.05.58.png
    169.6 KB · Views: 5

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
@CaseySJ @ExtremeXT

Tried this new EFI... USB audio works and I don't have the iGPU ✌️ View attachment 7642

But, the USB audio continues to be heard very badly, it is not worth using... although it has improved a little by not having the iGPU... I have tried to put the CPU to work with cinebench, but it does not improve anything

PS: wow!! now the audio over HDMI/DP is also bad again
Try adding CpuTscSync and -cputsclock to boot-args.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.