Ryzen 7000 Testing

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
That's the same motherboard I've been eyeballing, hope the build goes well.
I wanted so much to put that into the new SSUPD Meshroom S, but alas there are right-angle connectors (front panel USB 3 header, one ARGB header, one USB 2 header, two SATA headers) that just won't work with the two extra millimeters of length in the Meshroom S (i.e., the case is just 2mm longer than the board).

My current choice is the Jonsbo D30 mATX case. NewEgg should have a new silver version in a few days.

Last edited:

twf36

AMD OS X Member
7950x, x670 Strix E-A in Monterey, boots normally, sleep works, no PCIE from anything other than the main x16 slot(6600XT).
NVME drives causes immediate reboot. Fenvi in PCIE x1 doesn't work. Any idea what the ASUS PCIE bug could be?

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
7950x, x670 Strix E-A in Monterey, boots normally, sleep works, no PCIE from anything other than the main x16 slot(6600XT).
NVME drives causes immediate reboot. Fenvi in PCIE x1 doesn't work. Any idea what the ASUS PCIE bug could be?

Same as on my motherboard...

Disable PCIE ARI in bios helps stability, although no PCIe will work in monterey or in ventura only the GPU... but you can install any MacOS from ryzen itself, without the help of another computer

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
As mentioned previously, the current X670 firmware for most Asus boards is still in Beta. So perhaps this is an ideal time to report problems to them...

Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 5.48.04 AM.png

rhys

AMD OS X Member
Same as on my motherboard...

Disable PCIE ARI in bios helps stability, although no PCIe will work in monterey or in ventura only the GPU... but you can install any MacOS from ryzen itself, without the help of another computer
PCIe in Big Sur worked though right?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Update:
  • All of the parts have arrived. PSU, GPU, WiFi/BT will be cannibalized from other systems for the time being.
  • But why the two coolers in the picture?
    • I got nervous about the BeQuiet Pure Loop and decided to get the DeepCool LS520 as well
    • Both are currently unopened
    • If anyone has a recommendation between them, I'm all ears...
It's a busy day at the office so assembly will most likely take place tomorrow or Saturday.

AM5 Components.jpg

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
@PoMpIs
Can you run MaciASL, press New > New from ACPI and select DMAR? Then send the file here. I have a new idea to fix PCI.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@PoMpIs
Can you run MaciASL, press New > New from ACPI and select DMAR? Then send the file here. I have a new idea to fix PCI.
I don't recall seeing DMAR table on Ryzen...but I could be wrong.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Looks like you're right, it doesn't exist...

Last edited:

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
@PoMpIs
Can you try enabling ProtectMemoryRegions?

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
@ExtremeXT

Nothing changes... the PCIe still don't work, and if I don't remove the NVMe I can't start Monterey or Ventura, it's panic

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
@ExtremeXT

Nothing changes... the PCIe still don't work, and if I don't remove the NVMe I can't start Monterey or Ventura, it's panic
Try disabling MmioWhitelist -> Entry 1 (second entry), if it's booting do the same to Entry 3.

Can you get a kernel log from Monterey/Ventura?

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Try disabling MmioWhitelist -> Entry 1 (second entry), if it's booting do the same to Entry 3.

Can you get a kernel log from Monterey/Ventura?

Well, it works like this: (I'm going to remove the one that remains because now maybe not having the iGPU is not necessary)

Captura de pantalla 2022-10-06 a las 16.54.19.png

This is in Ventura

Attachments

• Kernel Log.zip
    121.5 KB · Views: 1

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Well, it works like this: (I'm going to remove the one that remains because now maybe not having the iGPU is not necessary)

View attachment 7707

This is in Ventura
You should still disable the iGPU.

Try installing Big Sur IOPCIFamily with Hackintool.

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
You should still disable the iGPU.

Try installing Big Sur IOPCIFamily with Hackintool.

I have not explained well...

the IGPU is deactivated... and that is why it now works with fewer patches??

But to boot I can't remove more... it has to be like this:

Captura de pantalla 2022-10-06 a las 17.16.00.png

I'm going to try to install the Kext with hackintool... the installation of monterey and ventura will break again 😆

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
@ExtremeXT

It has not worked, when putting IOPCI of Big Sur this Ryzen restarts when passing the pre-boot 🤷‍♂️

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
I have not explained well...

the IGPU is deactivated... and that is why it now works with fewer patches??

But to boot I can't remove more... it has to be like this:

View attachment 7710

I'm going to try to install the Kext with hackintool... the installation of monterey and ventura will break again 😆
Don't do it on Ventura, do it on Monterey.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.