Ryzen 7000 Testing

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Try leaving AmdTscSync too.

I have tried like this:

Captura de pantalla 2022-10-04 a las 22.26.59.png

HDMI/DP audio is good, but still suffers from some random dropouts... USB audio is very bad, even worse than before.... it was hard to make it worse 😆

I'm going to activate AppleALCU to remove it to test

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
I have tried like this:

View attachment 7645

HDMI/DP audio is good, but still suffers from some random dropouts... USB audio is very bad, even worse than before.... it was hard to make it worse 😆

I'm going to activate AppleALCU to remove it to test
Try disabling AmdTscSync and removing that boot arg.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Leave it there, it shouldn't harm anything.

I have disabled AmdTscSync, and removed the boot arg...

USB audio has improved a lot, now it is understood, but it has a lot of distortion and is choppy

The bad thing is that without the AmdTscSync something goes wrong, I lose the Bluetooth USB port of the FENVI, which I don't need but I connected it today and I guess something is broken and I probably lose sleep

Attachments

• Mac Pro de PoMpI-s.zip
    869.1 KB · Views: 2

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
I have disabled AmdTscSync, and removed the boot arg...

USB audio has improved a lot, now it is understood, but it has a lot of distortion and is choppy

The bad thing is that without the AmdTscSync something goes wrong, I lose the Bluetooth USB port of the FENVI, which I don't need but I connected it today and I guess something is broken and I probably lose sleep
OK, try enabling AmdTscSync again.

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
OK, try enabling AmdTscSync again.

My fault for not looking first...😩

It's since I put the last EFI of @CaseySJ... it made the USB audio come back but the internal USB2.0 port to which the FENVI's bluetooth is connected was lost...

I really don't need bluetooth or wiffi on this computer, but I guess it's good information for future tests on other Ryzen 7000 (y)

Anyway the USB audio doesn't work well

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
My fault for not looking first...😩

It's since I put the last EFI of @CaseySJ... it made the USB audio come back but the internal USB2.0 port to which the FENVI's bluetooth is connected was lost...

I really don't need bluetooth or wiffi on this computer, but I guess it's good information for future tests on other Ryzen 7000 (y)

Anyway the USB audio doesn't work well
What about when Cinebench is running?

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Makes no difference to USB audio 🤷‍♂️

PS: Look, with the last EFI that you gave me there was bluetooth, but the audio was lost

View attachment 7649
Really odd... Can you try my BigSurIOPCIFamily.kext + the Kernel Block entry on Monterey?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Did the ‘Dog ate my EFI folder’ excuse not work?.
Just checking in. I’m early for the event by the Pacific Ocean in Santa Cruz. Even if the dog ate the EFI folder, I would not want to miss this! :)

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Guys, I have fixed the EFI to not have iGPU and USB Audio and Bluetooth work

But only that, USB audio is still very bad

Tomorrow we continue that I am going to sleep, because I have to go to work in the morning and here it is already 00:00 AM

Attachments

• Mac Pro de PoMpI-s.zip
    885.3 KB · Views: 0
  • EFI.zip
    6 MB · Views: 10

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
My motherboard, CPU and cooler should be here tomorrow. Might be able to get something assembled and running by Friday, but certainly before end of Saturday.

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Guys... I couldn't go to sleep without first trying this EFI in Ventura

Works!! It does not panic, and it works more fluidly than big sur

The bad thing is that I don't have Wiffi or i225v network... but I've been with the iphone connected by usb for a while sharing connection and it's great...

it's nice MacOS ventura on the 7950x ....But the problem in ryzen 7000 will be the audio, it doesn't work well at all

Captura de pantalla 2022-10-05 a las 1.06.28.pngCaptura de pantalla 2022-10-05 a las 1.07.04.pngCaptura de pantalla 2022-10-05 a las 1.07.15.png

Captura de pantalla 2022-10-05 a las 1.10.38.png

Captura de pantalla 2022-10-05 a las 1.11.35.pngCaptura de pantalla 2022-10-05 a las 1.14.00.png

Now I am like this:

will-smith-clap.gif

@CaseySJ @ExtremeXT Disabling PCIe ARI in bios seems to have done the magic so that it doesn't panic, because apart from solving the EFI problem that disabled bluetooth, I only did that in bios.

Attachments

• Mac Pro.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 12
  • EFI.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 23

Middleman

AMD OS X Member

The bad thing is that I don't have Wiffi or i225v network... but I've been with the iphone connected by usb for a while sharing connection and it's great...

it's nice MacOS ventura on the 7950x ....But the problem in ryzen 7000 will be the audio, it doesn't work well at all

View attachment 7654View attachment 7655View attachment 7656

View attachment 7658

View attachment 7659View attachment 7660

Now I am like this:

View attachment 7661

@CaseySJ @ExtremeXT Disabling PCIe ARI in bios seems to have done the magic so that it doesn't panic, because apart from solving the EFI problem that disabled bluetooth, I only did that in bios.
Congrats @PoMpIs ! At least it's working as it should now.

As for your LAN/audio issues, have you tried the following setup?

1) Use the following SSDTs:

SSDT-CPUR
SSDT-EC
SSDT-I22V
SSDT-PLUG
SSDT-USBX
SSDT-XOSI

2) Remove all device properties from the PCI device tree

3) Enable FeaturesUnlock.kext and just add e1000=0 to the boot-arg

I have separate SSDT-EC & SSDT-USBX as I've known them to cause issues on my AMD builds before, hence why they are separate compared to what's mentioned in Dortania guide.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

View attachment 7654View attachment 7655View attachment 7656

View attachment 7658

View attachment 7659View attachment 7660

Now I am like this:

View attachment 7661

PCIe ARI actually looks like it could cause problems, it's good that you disabled it. Did it boot with the Intel NVMe drive? Does the Fenvi also not boot? Did you inject AppleIntel210Ethernet on Ventura?

Is the system stable on Ventura? Try disabling the kernel patches by Visual, and see if it boots, we might not need them anymore for some reason? They shouldn't work on Ventura... Maybe CpuTscSync fixed it... Also what about sleep mode? Is it still working?

Can you also send a kernel log and zipped AppleHDAController.kext? Also your IOReg dump is corrupted...

Last edited:

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
PCIe ARI actually looks like it could cause problems, it's good that you disabled it. Did it boot with the Intel NVMe drive? Does the Fenvi also not boot? Did you inject AppleIntel210Ethernet on Ventura?

Is the system stable on Ventura? Try disabling the kernel patches by Visual, and see if it boots, we might not need them anymore for some reason? They shouldn't work on Ventura... Maybe CpuTscSync fixed it... Also what about sleep mode? Is it still working?

Can you also send a kernel log and zipped AppleHDAController.kext? Also your IOReg dump is corrupted...

****!!, I forgot to activate the kext AppleIntel210 in ventura... 😦...as soon as I get home I'll try...

and yes, it is stable in ventura with that efi and it goes better than big sur, the system is smoother

but the NVME is necessary to remove it otherwise there is a panic shortly after passing the pre-boot...

the audio via HDMI/DP in ventura works quite well... the ALC4080 is impossible, it is useless in any of the three systems tested (big sur, monterey and ventura)...very bad

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.