Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
which settings were made in Opencore ?

ManuelB

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@ExtremeXT Unfortunately, sleep doesn't work anymore, for whatever reason, just tested again 3 minutes, then woke up with the keyboard, but then a normal boot came up

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
@ExtremeXT Unfortunately, sleep doesn't work anymore, for whatever reason, just tested again 3 minutes, then woke up with the keyboard, but then a normal boot came up
What changes did you do that stopped it from working?

ManuelB

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@ExtremeXT
it's like with the Wifi sometimes I see the ssid's of the other WLANs or not I'm just installing Office etc. I think next week the other card will be there and then I'll build again to airdrop would be nice...

What I did find out, however, is that the boot stick or the EFI is not always taken the first time and I have to try 1-3 times, I had 3x now then it failed to load image
and then I can live with it Thanks to your help, I'm really happy that it worked...I'd rather test it in the next few weeks and then perfect it with your help......where are you actually from?

ManuelB

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@ExtremeXT iPhone as Webcam don't work. only works correctly with the new Wifi card, then airplay also works correctly...or is it

Last edited:

ManuelB

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ & ExtremeXT What do you think of these boards?
ASRock X670E Pro RS AMD X670E,
MSI MPG X670E CARBON WIFI

would be easy to exchange and 2 NVME interfaces would be enough for me ... it's not the prettiest but it's enough. I want to try a second motherboard to run Ryzentosh on it. or do you have a tip for me otherwise I would try an MSI

Attachments

• Bildschirm­foto 2022-12-04 um 06.28.41.png
    Bildschirm­foto 2022-12-04 um 06.28.41.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
  • Bildschirm­foto 2022-12-04 um 06.27.43.png
    Bildschirm­foto 2022-12-04 um 06.27.43.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
  • Bildschirm­foto 2022-12-04 um 06.54.45.png
    Bildschirm­foto 2022-12-04 um 06.54.45.png
    955.1 KB · Views: 3

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@ManuelB Have you problems with your Gigabyte board (unsolved one I mean)?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I’ve had bad luck with ASRock AM4 boards, but I recall seeing successful build reports from both ASRock and MSI AM5 boards.

ManuelB

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ @mariettosun with the Gigabyte goes like this.... I keep having problems booting with the EFI, sometimes it's only good the third time.
I've just created a new Ventura Beta 4 bootstick ... the installation also starts but when I get to the 2nd part of the installation it aborts. Then I noticed that the board either had problems with my memory or generally with the full memory slots.
What bothers me are the always different errors ... after 3-4 boots the bios tells me to reset to standard. I hope there will be a new better bios soon.. So I would like to buy another board to see if it's because. I'm considering getting a B650 or a cheaper X670...are there any problems with the B650?

Last edited:

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
I’ve had bad luck with ASRock AM4 boards, but I recall seeing successful build reports from both ASRock and MSI AM5 boards.
Nobody booted macOS on an MSI AM5 motherboard yet AFAIK, but there has been a successful report of an ASRock motherboard.

@ManuelB Are you on the latest BIOS for your motherboard? The other Gigabyte user doesn't have any of these issues. Can you send your current EFI zipped?

ManuelB

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.8 MB · Views: 16

ManuelB

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@ExtremeXT
I now have the same phenomenon with my new Install Stick Beta 4. I have to start the installation several times until it runs through. But it works. I have the latest bios, but only use 32 GB of RAM memory. The bios would like to go back to the standard from time to time.
Have you had any difficulties with the B650....which board would you recommend?

ManuelB

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@all ASUS ProArt X670E CREATOR WIFI. am considering whether I should get it to test whether it works better than the gigabyte...???

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@all ASUS ProArt X670E CREATOR WIFI. am considering whether I should get it to test whether it works better than the gigabyte...???
That would be an excellent choice. It’s currently my #1 ATX choice.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
@ExtremeXT
I now have the same phenomenon with my new Install Stick Beta 4. I have to start the installation several times until it runs through. But it works. I have the latest bios, but only use 32 GB of RAM memory. The bios would like to go back to the standard from time to time.
Have you had any difficulties with the B650....which board would you recommend?
You have ProvideCustomSlide set to False, which should be set to True on most AMD machines. Your symptoms line up with the slide value being incorrect. Try enabling that.

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
also if you have 4 memory dimm take a look here (max 3600 to avoid instability)

1670226779896.png

Last edited:

ManuelB

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@mariettosun & @ExtremeXT
Thanks for the video I watched it. I set Provide Custom Slide to True.
I disabled XMP. Memory now runs at 4800 Mhz instead of 6000 Mhz and only installed 32 GB instead of the 64 GB. Then I flashed the bios from 8C back to 7 and then back to 8C. To test the behavior.
I actually tested Sleep for fun, which didn't work the whole time. I have now restarted several times and tested the sleep 4 times. It works well, I waited up to 10 minutes twice. Sleep worked well. I will now try it with 64 GB and see if it has an effect.

thank you very much

ManuelB

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@all I've tried it now with 64 GB, too, Sleep went here now, seems like XMP or Provide Custom Slide was responsible for it, everything is fine now...until...now.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
@all I've tried it now with 64 GB, too, Sleep went here now, seems like XMP or Provide Custom Slide was responsible for it, everything is fine now...until...now.
Try it with XMP enabled again.

ManuelB

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@ExtremeXT So with 64 GB with XMP...on 6000Mhz boot time significantly longer and sleep no longer works sometimes it boots twice
I have also noticed that if I set a screen saver and it activates, there is a slight coil whine from the graphics card..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.