John's Asus X570 I Gaming EFI (Works on MOST Asus X570 & B550 Motherboards)

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
OpenCore 0.8.8 Release (January 2nd, 2023) Compiled and Kext updated
Confirmed working for the latest Ventura Release & Beta.

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 3.15.34 PM.png

Required BIOS and EFI Setting Links:
  1. BIOS Settings
  2. EFI Settings (Core Count & GPU)
  3. Included Kext
  4. NVRAM Reset

Included Kexts
The following commonly used kexts are included but disabled by default.
Enable the kexts as need at your own peril.

NVMe

• NVMeFix -> Patches for Apple NVMe storage driver
CPU:
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext ->Power management features
    • AMD Power Gadget App
      • V 0.7 Older Version - Kext included in EFI - Shows CPU Temperature in third party apps (custom version of AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement & SMCAMDProcessor kexts by trulyspinach)
      • V 0.7.1 Current Version - Does not show CPU temperature in third party apps, download and update kexts manually
GPU:
Intel 1GB Ethernet:
  • AppleIGB.kext -> Intel 1GB Ethernet
  • SmallTreeIntel82576.kext->1GB Intel Ethernet
    • Disabled if using AppleIGB
    • Enable if using LucyRTL8125Ethernet
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet -> Driver for Realtek RTL8125 2.5GBit Ethernet Controllers
Sensors & Third Party Apps (iStat Menus):
Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 12.58.50 PM.png

CPU & GPU temperature + Fan Speeds in iStat Menus (Bottom Fan = Motherboard CPU Fan Header & Blower = Motherboard Chassis Fan header)
  • SMCAMDProcessor.kext -> Publish sensor to VirtualSMC
  • SMCRadeonGPU.kext -> Export GPU temperature to VirtualSMC
  • SMCSuperIO.kext -> Read fan speeds

As always, Reset NVRAM after making changes to the EFI.

Clean Install - new volume/partition needs to be formatted as APFS. In the past JHFS+ was use, but now the installer fails if the drive was formatted to JHFS+ prior to install.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Not show graphic card o about this mac T^T

Sorry for the late reply. The app signed me out so I was not getting notification.

You may need to spoof the Mac hardware info. Never had to do it for the 6800XT as it was natively supported by Apple.

Does the GPU work properly?

Pabo

Donator
Donator

jangsangin

AMD OS X Member
Sorry for the late reply. The app signed me out so I was not getting notification.

You may need to spoof the Mac hardware info. Never had to do it for the 6800XT as it was natively supported by Apple.

Does the GPU work properly?

I think it's working normally.
If not, how can I check?

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
You could run GeekBench to check you metal score and post it here.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
February OpenCore 0.8.9

There will be no OpenCore update for February 2023. I will be out of town for the entire month without access to my Hackintosh.

The majority of changes in OpenCore 0.8.9 pertain to legacy boot of MacOS and Linux.
v0.8.9
  • Improved debug logging when applying ACPI patches
  • Fixed loading macOS with legacy boot without Apple Secure Boot
  • Added Linux support to legacy boot BootInstall script

Given the lack of new features for users of Ventura and Monterey the benefits of a Pre-Release version of OpenCore 0.8.9, prior to leaving, seems negligible and has the potential to introduce unnecessary complications with no obvious improvements for the Asus X570 and B550.

In addition, I am considering migrating new release distribution downloads to GitHub next month for a more coherent and concise method of obtaining older versions of OpenCore for the Asus X570 and B550. Download links would still be posted in this forum monthly.

Regular updates will resume in March 2023.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The majority of changes in OpenCore 0.8.9 pertain to legacy boot of MacOS and Linux.
That should read -

The majority of changes to OpenCore 0.8.9 Beta pertain to legacy boot of macOS and Linux.

The official release of OC 0.8.9 might not be available for another two weeks. So, depending on what else the developers are working on at this time, things can change before the full release is available.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Ventura 13.3 Beta 2 has braking changes.

I just got home yesterday morning and updated OpenCore to 0.8.9 only to discover that updating to the newest beta would get stuck after selecting Install MacOS in the picker.

There is a patch which is already out and working. Good part, did not brick MacOS as the installer could not commence. Bad part, requires a new Kernel -> Patch.

AMD Vanilla OpenCore

<dict> <key>Arch</key> <string>x86_64</string> <key>Base</key> <string>_cpuid_set_info</string> <key>Comment</key> <string>algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package 13.3+</string> <key>Count</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>Enabled</key> <true/> <key>Find</key> <data>wegaAAA=</data> <key>Identifier</key> <string>kernel</string> <key>Limit</key> <integer>0</integer> <key>Mask</key> <data>//3/AAA=</data> <key>MaxKernel</key> <string>22.99.99</string> <key>MinKernel</key> <string>22.4.0</string> <key>Replace</key> <data>ugAAAAA=</data> <key>ReplaceMask</key> <data>//////8=</data> <key>Skip</key> <integer>0</integer> </dict>

Given that OpenCore 0.9.0 should be released on Monday, I will hold off posting the 0.8.9 EFI. The exceptional OpenCore Team is always making changes and may add some last minute magic before release.

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
OpenCore 0.9.0 Release (March 6th, 2023) Compiled and Kext updated
Confirmed working for the latest Ventura Release & Beta, including 13.3 Beta 2.

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 3.15.34 PM.png

1. BIOS Settings
  3. Included Kext
  4. NVRAM Reset

Included Kexts

NVMe

CPU:
    • AMD Power Gadget App
      • V 0.7 Older Version - Kext included in EFI - Shows CPU Temperature in third party apps (custom version of AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement & SMCAMDProcessor kexts by trulyspinach)
      • V 0.7.1 Current Version - Does not show CPU temperature in third party apps, download and update kexts manually
GPU:
Ethernet:
  • SmallTreeIntel82576.kext ->1GB Intel Ethernet
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet -> Driver for Realtek RTL8125 2.5GBit Ethernet Controllers

CPU & GPU temperature + Fan Speeds in iStat Menus (Bottom Fan = Motherboard CPU Fan Header & Blower = Motherboard Chassis Fan header)

Clean Install - new volume/partition needs to be formatted as APFS. In the past JHFS+ was use, but now the installer fails if the drive was formatted to JHFS+ prior to install.

Attachments

• OpenCore 0.9.0 X570 I Gaming.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
I wanted to get OpenCore 0.9.0 out to those looking to upgrade to the newest Developer and Public Beta of Ventura 13.3 Beta 2.

I have been not been able to the test the EFI on my own Hackintosh. On Saturday, at home the Pre-Release I created was booting and running fine. Unfortunately, I had to leave town on Sunday again. This morning I updated the Pre-Release with the Release files on my MacBook. The Config has not changed and ocvalidate shows no errors.

Let me know if there are any problems. If you run into any problems I can post the verified working Pre-Release.

Ventura 13.3 Beta 2 has some breaking changes and an updated EFI is required to complete the install.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
OpenCore 0.9.1 Release (April 3rd, 2023) Compiled and Kext updated
Confirmed working for the latest Ventura Release & Beta, including 13.4 Beta 1.

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 10.30.59 AM.png

1. BIOS Settings
  3. Included Kext
  4. NVRAM Reset
Included Kexts

NVMe

CPU:
    • AMD Power Gadget App
GPU:
Ethernet:
  • SmallTreeIntel82576.kext ->1GB Intel Ethernet

Attachments

• OpenCore 0.9.1 - X570 I Gaming.zip
    9.6 MB · Views: 51

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
I noticed a random crash on my Hackintosh and M2 MacBook Air with 13.4 Beta 1. It happens on both about every 24 hours and the computer restarts. As it occurs on both, it eliminates an OpenCore compatibility issue.

I plan on pulling the crash logs on both next time they crash to determine if it caused by some third-party software I am using.

Anyone else having crashes with 13.4 or 13.4 Beta 1?

wilianb

AMD OS X Member
PAGor favor alguien me puede ayudar , envio config, si me pueden decir donde estoy equivocado no paso de ahi

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Tell us which system you are using and someone may be able to help you. Without that information, you are on your own.

Díganos qué sistema está utilizando y es posible que alguien pueda ayudarle. Sin esa información, estás solo.

wilianb

AMD OS X Member
open core 0.9.1, macos ventura 13.3.1, mainbord x570-i- gaming, grafica asus radeon 6600, he creado el config desde cero con los patches de amd vanilla y no puedo pasar de ahi...... y gracias por contestar

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.