John's Asus X570 I Gaming EFI (Works on MOST Asus X570 & B550 Motherboards)

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone, does anyone have the appropriate EFI for the ASUS ProArt X570-CREATOR WIFI, I would be grateful if someone could share?Thanks

eduard0

AMD OS X Member
G'day John,

I'm having a bit of a weird one. Upgrading from 0.7.9 to any of the EFIs here works fine on Big Sur (11.6) after I've added my necessary changes (ROM, Airport kext, etc), but when I try to upgrade to Monterey, it either totally crashes the installer inside of Big Sur, or hangs with the Apple logo and no progress bar on reboot. I've tried every EFI version from 0.8.0 to 0.8.4 here and the same happens, and I've re-downloaded the Monterey .pkg multiple times now. Previously I was using one of the EFIs from AudioGod's X570 ROG Strix thread.

Any ideas? I've attached the latest version of my EFI (0.8.1) in case I've done something boneheaded.

Attachments

• 0.8.1.zip
    28.8 MB · Views: 10

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
G'day John,

I'm having a bit of a weird one. Upgrading from 0.7.9 to any of the EFIs here works fine on Big Sur (11.6) after I've added my necessary changes (ROM, Airport kext, etc), but when I try to upgrade to Monterey, it either totally crashes the installer inside of Big Sur, or hangs with the Apple logo and no progress bar on reboot. I've tried every EFI version from 0.8.0 to 0.8.4 here and the same happens, and I've re-downloaded the Monterey .pkg multiple times now. Previously I was using one of the EFIs from AudioGod's X570 ROG Strix thread.

Any ideas? I've attached the latest version of my EFI (0.8.1) in case I've done something boneheaded.
Hi @eduard0,

Have you tried adding AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext to your build? It is a vital kext to add to boot Monterey 12.4 and beyond.

eduard0

AMD OS X Member

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
It is indeed in there.
Okay @eduard0, it looks like you're missing a fair amount of necessary SSDTs in your build, namely:

SSDT-CPUR.aml
SSDT-EC.aml

How does your USB ports fair? If they're not working fully you may also need SSDT-XHC0-TO-XHC or PTXH-TO-XHC2-NO-PO9-10-11 renames.

I also noticed you never installed SMCAMDProcessor.kext after AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext.

And you added the wrong agdpmod setting and haven't populated the device tree for the AMD GPU. It should be set to agdpmod=pikera for RX6800, NOT agdpmod=ignore as it is right now.

You also need these device properties for your RX6800XT.

Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 9.27.56 AM.png

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Hi @eduard0,

Have you tried adding AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext to your build? It is a vital kext to add to boot Monterey 12.4 and beyond.
I would remove the AMD Power Gadget Kexts. They are different for Ventura and the EFI has all the changes for Ventura.

I typically cater my EFI's for the latest beta versions. That sometimes can cause problems with current release. I no longer have a version of Monterey on my system.

eduard0

AMD OS X Member
Okay @eduard0, it looks like you're missing a fair amount of necessary SSDTs in your build, namely:

SSDT-CPUR.aml
SSDT-EC.aml

How does your USB ports fair? If they're not working fully you may also need SSDT-XHC0-TO-XHC or PTXH-TO-XHC2-NO-PO9-10-11 renames.

I also noticed you never installed SMCAMDProcessor.kext after AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext.

And you added the wrong agdpmod setting and haven't populated the device tree for the AMD GPU. It should be set to agdpmod=pikera for RX6800, NOT agdpmod=ignore as it is right now.

You also need these device properties for your RX6800XT.

View attachment 7508
That’s one of John’s EFIs from this thread with my Generic data filled out and the appropriate core count.

Am I missing something? Are there supposed to be more steps to configuring the EFI than what’s listed here and in AudioGod’s thread?

Even using my known good EFI from Big Sur the same thing is happening, which is what the photo below displays:

image.jpg

Debug hasn’t given me any meaningful output in the logs as far as I can tell, and it doesn’t matter what version of the BIOS firmware I’m on (I’ve tried both 4204 and the latest). Tried remaking the USB multiple times with multiple different versions of Monterey. Nothing has made a difference. I’ve even tried a few of the EFIs from AudioGod’s thread from others and all of the results are the same.

I’m at my wits end. Installing Big Sur was a painful process on its own, I’m almost ready to throw in the towel and give up defeated.

–––

EDIT: I just tried with the 0.8.4 EFI here and Ventura Beta 9, still exactly the same result. This is doing my head in.

–––

EDIT 2: For the sake of experimentation, I included the above mentioned AML files and DeviceProperties, and the result is still the same.

Attachments

• opencore-2022-10-04-085212.txt
    256 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
OpenCore 0.8.5 Release (October 4th, 2022) Compiled and Kext updated

Confirmed working for Ventura beta 8,9, 10.

Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 3.14.59 PM.png

Required BIOS and EFI Setting:
  1. BIOS Settings
  2. EFI Settings
  3. NVRAM Reset
Asus X570 & B550 motherboards with Realtek Ethernet add:
AMD Power Gadget kexts have been removed due to conflicts with Monterey.
Clean Install - new volume/partition needs to be formatted as APFS. In the past JHFS+ was use, but now the installer fails if the drive was formatted to JHFS+ prior to install.

Attachments

• OpenCore 0.8.5 (Asus X570 I Gaming).zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 85

eduard0

AMD OS X Member
I seemingly solved my woes. Conclusion: I am both dumb and blind. Installing the 0.8.5 EFI above onto my Ventura installer is working immediately (as it should).

Last two digits of algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package patches are 09, NOT 00 for kernel 21.0.0+. I totally missed that in my EFI configs I was copy/pasting between from my original working one, ostensibly because I’d never encountered the incorrect one in running Big Sur. I logically should’ve caught it, seeings that’s one of the only things I was changing.

Lesson learned, kids: if you need glasses, probably wear them more often.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Ventura beta 11 works with the 0.8.5 EFI.

brexit2016

AMD OS X Member
Ventura beta 11 works with the 0.8.5 EFI.
Thanks for taking the time to compile these EFIs. For some reason I keep getting stuck at "12 minutes remaining". Was this something you experienced and do I just need to wait it out?

I followed your guides on NVRAM/EFI and Bios. Tried different installers in case it was those but still arriving at the same issue. The only fixes online I could find seem to only apply to actual Macs.

Currently installing Beta 4. Seems to be the only one available.

EDIT: Got it working. What I did: Unplugged everything but Keyboard, Mouse and USB Installer. Reset NVRAM again and unmounted TimeMachine drive. Leaving this up in case others run across this.

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
I would recommend installing beta 9. You can find a link to download it online.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member

brexit2016

AMD OS X Member

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Thanks, I have Ventura Beta 11 installed. Running smoothly.
WiFi/Bluetooth kexts seem to cause a boot loop. It's late here so will tinker tomorrow.
I use the BCM94360NG not the fastest but everything except Continuity Camera works out of the box. I use ethernet for Gaming on Windows and SteamOS.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I use the BCM94360NG not the fastest but everything except Continuity Camera works out of the box. I use ethernet for Gaming on Windows and SteamOS.

Is the Fenvi T919 too slow to support Continuity Camera?

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Is the Fenvi T919 too slow to support Continuity Camera?

There really has not been much discussion of Continuity Camera not working in the Beta releases. I imagine that once Ventura is released there will be more effort made to figure how to get to work.

It may be a hardware support/compatibility issue.

Apple uses a newer version of the Airport card in the Intel computers that support Ventura. I may upgrade the Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth card to the newer version for better WiFi speeds.

The newer Airport cards will not fit under the motherboard I/O shield and an adapter is required. So, an M.2 extension cable for relocating will be needed. The antennas will also need to be relocated, maybe in one of the extra PCI covers.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Ventura RC is working with the 0.8.5 EFI.

Keep in mind that the EFI’s maintained for compatibility with the newest releases of MacOS.

There were some breaking changes going from Monterey -> Ventura. Backwards compatibility with Monterey is hit and miss. Therefore, I recommend using the newest release of Ventura (normal, once Ventura is released, or Public/Developer Beta)

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Ventura RC 2 works with the 0.8.5 EFI.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Nothing In your config.plist stands out as being wrong.
  1. Have you tested the memory modules to see if one is defective?
  2. Have you checked that your discrete GPU is not defective/flaky in macOS?
  3. Do you see similar issues when booting Windows or Linux?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.