John's Asus X570 I Gaming EFI (Works on MOST Asus X570 & B550 Motherboards)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try using the EFI attached below. It is base on OC 0.9.1. It was created for another user with a similar X570 MB, 8-core CPU and Navi dGPU.

You will need to add the MLB, ROM, Serial Number and SystemUUID to the Generic section of the config.plist. Do this before you try to use it.

As you don't say which X570 board you are using the Ethernet kext installed in the /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and detailed in the config.plist may not work with your motherboard's Ethernet controller.

Attachments

• EFI-0.9.1 2.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 13

wilianb

AMD OS X Member
gracias eddhalcon
pude alfin instalar ventura 13.3.1, tienes algun truco. o argumento para solucionar este problema de mi grafica Asus RX560 4G, se ve muy mal algunas cosas y me gustaria poder solucionarlo
Captura de pantalla 2023-05-04 a las 17.08.29.png

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Thank you, Ed
I could finally install ventura 13.3.1, you have some trick. or argument to solve this problem of my Asus RX560 4G graphics, some things look very bad and I would like to be able to solve it.

Yes, you need to remove the agdpmod=pikera boot argument from the config.plist that was provided with the EFI in post # 181. That config.plist contain a boot argument required for RX5000 and RX6000 graphics cards. It is not required for RX500 series cards.

Sí, debes eliminar el argumento de arranque agdpmod=pikera del config.plist que se proporcionó con el EFI en la publicación # 181. Ese config.plist contiene un argumento de arranque necesario para las tarjetas gráficas RX5000 y RX6000. No es necesario para las tarjetas de la serie RX500.

Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 18.13.30.png agdpmod=pikera boot argument highlighted, this needs to be removed for your RX560 card to work.

Agdpmod=argumento de arranque de pikera resaltado, esto debe eliminarse para que su tarjeta RX560 funcione.

wilianb

AMD OS X Member
buen día
lamento comunicarles que sigue el problema de la mala definicion de la pantalla, gracias por sus esfuerzos, les envio. una captua de panatalla realizada esta mañana cuando quitó el argumento pikera.
Captura de pantalla 2023-05-05 a las 11.44.39.png

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Sorry but a screenshot of your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder isn't helpful. The issue you are facing isn't related to the kexts you are using, they all look fine for a Ryzen system, with an intel WiFi/BT card installed.
Lo sentimos, pero una captura de pantalla de tu carpeta /EFI/OC/Kexts no es útil. El problema al que te enfrentas no está relacionado con los kexts que estás usando, todos se ven bien para un sistema Ryzen, con una tarjeta intel WiFi/BT instalada.

The issue you are facing is either due to your RX 560, the use of a VGA connector (these are not natively supported in macOS), a defective/loose or incorrect display cable/adapter or another setting in the config.plist (least likely of the possible causes).
El problema al que se enfrenta se debe a su RX 560, al uso de un conector VGA (estos no son compatibles de forma nativa en macOS), un cable/adaptador de pantalla defectuoso/suelto o incorrecto u otra configuración en config.plist (lo más probable de las posibles causas).

Which Display connector and cable/adapter are you using?
Have you applied any 'Fixes' to your setup to try to fix the issue?
If yes, have you removed them once you found they didn't fix the issue?

¿Qué conector de pantalla y cable/adaptador estás usando?
¿Has aplicado alguna "solución" a tu configuración para intentar solucionar el problema?
En caso afirmativo, ¿los has eliminado una vez que descubriste que no solucionaron el problema?

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Sorry for the late reply.

Is you RX560 a Polaris or Baffin?

“The only brands you should avoid with the Polaris series would be XFX (460/560 models), PowerColor, HIS and VisionTek as many users have had bootloader and macOS boot issues.”

“Other users have found fixes/workarounds, though nothing consistent. This seems to be caused by having an odd VBIOS that doesn't communicate well with macOS and the only real solution is flashing another VBIOS, which is not ideal for most users.”

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Apologies. I am again out of town and away from my Hackintosh until Friday.

I will try to get the 0.9.2 update out on Saturday.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
OpenCore 0.9.2 Release (May 12th, 2023) Compiled and Kext updated
Confirmed working for the latest Ventura Release & Beta, including 13.4 Beta RC2.

Apps like Little Snitch and Radio Silence will cause the internet to disconnect and be unusable in Ventura 13.4 Beta 4 and new.

This can be resolved by removing the apps and all the dependencies.

Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 5.06.34 PM.png

Required BIOS and EFI Setting Links:
  1. BIOS Settings
  2. EFI Settings (Core Count & GPU)
  3. Included Kext
  4. NVRAM Reset
Included Kexts
The following commonly used kexts are included but disabled by default.
Enable the kexts as need at your own peril.

NVMe

• NVMeFix -> Patches for Apple NVMe storage driver
CPU:
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext ->Power management features
    • AMD Power Gadget App
      • V 0.7 Older Version - Kext included in EFI - Shows CPU Temperature in third party apps (custom version of AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement & SMCAMDProcessor kexts by trulyspinach)
      • V 0.7.1 Current Version - Does not show CPU temperature in third party apps, download and update kexts manually
GPU:
Ethernet:
  • AppleIGB.kext -> Intel 1GB Ethernet
  • SmallTreeIntel82576.kext ->1GB Intel Ethernet
    • Disabled if using AppleIGB
    • Enable if using LucyRTL8125Ethernet
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet -> Driver for Realtek RTL8125 2.5GBit Ethernet Controllers
Sensors & Third Party Apps (iStat Menus):
Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 12.58.50 PM.png

CPU & GPU temperature + Fan Speeds in iStat Menus (Bottom Fan = Motherboard CPU Fan Header & Blower = Motherboard Chassis Fan header)
  • SMCAMDProcessor.kext -> Publish sensor to VirtualSMC
  • SMCRadeonGPU.kext -> Export GPU temperature to VirtualSMC
  • SMCSuperIO.kext -> Read fan speeds
As always, Reset NVRAM after making changes to the EFI.

Clean Install - new volume/partition needs to be formatted as APFS. In the past JHFS+ was use, but now the installer fails if the drive was formatted to JHFS+ prior to install.

Attachments

• OpenCore 0.9.2 - Asus X570 I Gaming.zip
    11.7 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
A word of warning!

As Ventura 13.4 nears public release, a network failure issue has been occurring since Beta 4. The global internet connection (both wire and wireless) will persistently disconnect and render all internet access on MacOS unavailable.

This issue is cause by third-party apps like Little Snitch and Radio Silence. To resolve the issue uninstall the apps, then search the ~/Library/ folder for all the remaining files.

Incoming connections can be blocked using the native MacOS Firewall at System Setting -> Network -> Firewall.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
As next release of OpenCore (0.9.3) and Apple’s announcement of MacOS 14 coincide on Monday, I will hold off posting a new EFI for a few days.

Typically, the new Apple Beta releases are available for download shortly after the WWDC presentation ends.

In the past the OpenCore and/or the EFI needed slight modification for the new Beta OS to boot. MacOS 12 & 13 Betas were both functioning with support for the previous operating system within a day or two.

I will testing out MacOS 14 as soon as possible, when modification to OpenCore and/or the EFI make it possible, having a universal EFI that works with both MacOS 13 & 14 is highly desirable.

Best Case, everything works out and a single EFI will be usable. This will reduce confusion and allow users to upgrade to MacOS 14 as it becomes more stable or have a separate partition to test MacOS 14 while preserving MacOS 13.

If that is not possible within a few days I will post 0.9.3 for MacOS 13.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Sleep Wake Issue Ventura 13.5 Beta.
It appears Apple is aggressively moving to integrate energy efficiency and Energy Star standards. Since the release of Ventura 13.5 Beta 1 and continuing into Beta 2 the ability to prevent sleep while idle is not possible using the traditional methods.

Mac Pro 7.1, not sure if this affects other SMBIOS, has changed:
  • Removed: Setting -> Power Saver
  • Removed: Setting -> Screen Saver
  • No longer works: Terminal command caffeinated -i
The Sleep-Wake process also seems to be borked. Mine will not wake from sleep and the power button must be pressed to reboot. If left in sleep for an extended period of time it will autonomously restart after a few hours.

The temporary solution I am using is the Caffeinated app from the Apple App Store as I prefer not to put my computer to sleep at all.

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
MacOS 14 (Sonoma) Beta - OpenCore 0.9.2 Release (June 5th, 2023) Modified
Working for the MacOS 13.5 (Ventura) Beta 2 and MacOS 14 (Sonoma) Beta 1.

As the brilliant contributors to OpenCore work through the latest changes for MacOS 14, it appears they have chosen to delay the 0.9.3 release. I was able to get MacOS 14 running using OpenCore 0.9.2.

Notable changes and problems:
  • The Kernel - Patch -> MaxKernel updated from 22.99.99 to 23.99.99
  • Added bootarg -lilubetaall
  • BCM94360NG & BCM94360CS2 wifi no longer supported
  • Some have reported LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext does not work. It is still in the EFI, enable at your risk
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext, SMCAMDProcessor.kext and/or RadeonSensor.kext cause crash and have been remove from the EFI
  • NVMeFix is not working and causes a crash and has been remove from the EFI
  • AppleIGB works
So, if you do not have a working wifi or ethernet solution hold off on installing or updating your primary. Possibly there will be some fix in the future.

Apps like Little Snitch and Radio Silence will cause the internet to disconnect and be unusable in Ventura 13.4 Beta 4 and newer.
This can be resolved by removing the apps and all the dependencies.

This is in no means a complete guide to successful installation. I have done my best to document what worked for me.

Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 22.28.39.png

1. BIOS Settings
  3. Included Kext
  4. NVRAM Reset
Downloading:
Do not use the Apple Silicon version in the Developer portal.

To download the MacOS Beta Installer from System Settings -> General -> Software Updates RestrictEvents.kext must be disabled. It is already disable in the EFI. Once the download and the installation is complete RestrictEvents.kext can be enabled to stop the RAM error and provide accurate hardware information.

A bootable USB can be created from the installation media in the Applications folder.

Included Kexts:
The following kexts are included but disabled by default.

Ethernet:

• SmallTreeIntel82576.kext ->1GB Intel Ethernet
    • Disabled if using AppleIGB
    • Enable if using LucyRTL8125Ethernet
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet -> Driver for Realtek RTL8125 2.5GBit Ethernet Controllers

Clean Install - new volume/partition needs to be formatted as APFS. In the past JHFS+ was use, but now the installer fails if the drive was formatted to JHFS+ prior to install.

Attachments

• OpenCore 0.9.2 (MacOS 14) EFI - Asus X570 I Gaming.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 18

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
OpenCore 0.9.3 is rolling out today. As there are not a significant number of changes that have an impact on the Asus X570 I think it would be best to hold off a few days before publishing the update.

The most notable issue with MacOS Sonoma is the lack of support for native Broadcom WiFi. There is work on a solution being done on Discord.

BrcmPatchRam 2.6.7 has been updated to get Bluetooth functioning. My Broadcom card’s bluetooth worked without any changes on Sonoma.

It would nice, prior to rolling out the 0.9.3 update to have generic Broadcom WiFi working along with some other feature oriented kexts like AMD Power Gadget. NootInc modified the Radeon Sensor kext so GPU temperature is now working.

AppleIGB is working for my Intel 1GB Ethernet but not everyone has a compatible Ethernet port. It seems kind of pointless to post an update that leaves the vast majority of Asus X570, non X570 I Gaming, owners without a working internet solution for Sonoma.

Personally, my system is CPU and GPU liquid cooled with hard tubes. Swapping back to the Intel AX200 WiFi/Bluetooth card means a complete teardown of the custom loop to access the screws on the back of the motherboard to change the WiFi card. So I am holding off in hopes of a Broadcom solution where the Apple specific features also work.

As for Sonoma, thus far I have found it overall to be very stable. Been using it as my daily OS since Tuesday. But I am in a small group of people that have working Ethernet which makes Sonoma actually usable.

Right now the recently posted 0.9.2 Updated EFI works for both Ventura and Sonoma, if you have a compatible Ethernet port and Broadcom bluetooth Sonoma is actually usable.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
MacOS 13 &14 (Sonoma) Beta - OpenCore 0.9.3 Release (June 5th, 2023) Modified
Working for the MacOS 13.5 (Ventura) Beta 2 and MacOS 14 (Sonoma) Beta 1.
It looks like it will be a while before Broadcom WiFi is patched. So here is OpenCore 0.9.3.

Word of warning:
  • If you do not have a working wifi or ethernet solution for Sonoma hold off on updating your primary install. Possibly there will be some fix in the future.
  • The Kernel - Patch -> MaxKernel updated from 22.99.99 to 23.99.99
  • Added bootarg -lilubetaall
  • Some have reported LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext does not work. It is still in the EFI, enable at your risk
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext, SMCAMDProcessor.kext cause crash and have been remove from the EFI
  • NVMeFix is not working and causes a crash and has been remove from the EFI
  • AppleIGB works
Other problem fixes:
  • Apps like Little Snitch and Radio Silence will cause the internet to disconnect and be unusable in Ventura 13.4 Beta 4 and newer. This can be resolved by removing the apps and all the dependencies.
  • Tuxera needs to be updated to 2022.1. If not mounting no APFS and JHFS+ drives causes Finder to freeze.

Screenshot 2023-06-13 at 1.41.48 PM.png

1. BIOS Settings
  3. Included Kext
  4. NVRAM Reset
Downloading:
  • Do not use the Apple Silicon version in the Developer portal.
  • To download the MacOS Beta Installer from System Settings -> General -> Software Updates. RestrictEvents.kext must be disabled. It is already disable in the EFI. Once the download and the installation is complete RestrictEvents.kext can be enabled to stop the RAM error and provide accurate hardware information.
Included Kexts (disabled by Default):
  • Ethernet:
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
    • RadeonSensor.kext ->Read GPU temperature
  • CPU & GPU temperature + Fan Speeds in iStat Menus:Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 10.19.55 AM.png
    • SMCAMDProcessor.kext -> Publish CPU temperature to VirtualSMC
    • SMCRadeonGPU.kext -> Publish GPU temperature to VirtualSMC
    • SMCSuperIO.kext -> Publish fan speeds to VirtualSMC (Bottom Fan = Motherboard CPU Fan Header & Blower = Motherboard Chassis Fan header)

Attachments

• OpenCore 0.9.3 (X570 I Gaming).zip
    12.7 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Beta 2 is not available for MacPro7,1 in the typical Setting -> Software Update.

To update to MacOS 14 Sonoma Beta 2 the EFI SMBIOS needs to be changed to iMac19,1 and RestrictEvents disabled. This was problematic for me.

Instead download the installer https://swcdn.apple.com/content/dow...pmgv1u8j0l3ddyfrods0yvdo/InstallAssistant.pkg and disable RestrictEvents.kext. Run the installer and select your desired MacOS installation to upgrade.

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
As OpenCore has not released the usual monthly update, I tried implementing the Broadcom WiFi patches.

While they work very well and are stable it requires SIP to be disabled for the patches to work. This is not an optimal security situations. Personally, I re-enabled SIP shortly after adding the patches and verifying they were stable. Hopefully OpenCore 0.9.4 will have the ability to use the Broadcom patches with SIP enabled.

Keeping in good faith with the spirit of the Hackintosh community prevents me from passing on an EFI with inherent and systemic security vulnerabilities. A link to the kexts, config changes and injection processed for the Broadcom WiFi is above, for anyone who out of curiosity or imminent necessity may want to use them.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
MacOS 13 &14 (Sonoma) Beta - OpenCore 0.9.4 Release (August 9th, 2023) Modified
Working for the MacOS 13.5 (Ventura) Beta and MacOS 14 (Sonoma) Beta 5.
It looks like it will be a while before Broadcom WiFi is patched. So here is OpenCore 0.9.3.

Word of warning:
  • If you do not have a working wifi or ethernet solution for Sonoma hold off on updating your primary install. Possibly there will be some fix in the future.
  • AppleIGB works
Other problem fixes:
  • Apps like Little Snitch and Radio Silence will cause the internet to disconnect and be unusable in Ventura 13.4 Beta 4 and newer. This can be resolved by removing the apps and all the dependencies.
  • Tuxera needs to be updated to 2022.1. If not mounting no APFS and JHFS+ drives causes Finder to freeze

1. BIOS Settings
  3. Included Kext
  4. NVRAM Reset

Included Kexts (Disabled By Default):
  • Ethernet:
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • CPU & GPU temperature + Fan Speeds in iStat Menus:
    Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 10.19.55 AM.png
    • SMCSuperIO.kext -> Publish fan speeds to VirtualSMC (Bottom Fan = Motherboard CPU Fan Header & Blower = Motherboard Chassis Fan header)

Attachments

• Asus X570 I Gaming EFI.zip
    10.7 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
MacOS 13 &14 (Sonoma) Beta - OpenCore 0.9.5 Release (Sep 13th, 2023)
MacOS 14 (Sonoma) beta RC.

Word of warning:

• If you do not have a working wifi or ethernet solution for Sonoma hold off on updating your primary install. Possibly there will be some fix in the future that does not require OCLP and disabling SIPs.
  • AppleIGB works

1. BIOS Settings
  3. Included Kext
  4. NVRAM Reset

• Ethernet:
  • CPU:
  • GPU:

Attachments

• Asus X570 I Gaming EFI 0.9.5.zip
    10.7 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
It appears that SMCAMDProcessor.kext (Publish CPU temperature to VirtualSMC) for third party apps like iStat Menus is not working properly the Sonoma RC.

Will pass the problem along to the Dev team.

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
MacOS 13 &14 (Sonoma) Beta - OpenCore 0.9.6 Release (November 7th, 2023)
MacOS 14 (Sonoma) 14.2 beta 1.

Word of warning:

• If you do not have a working wifi or ethernet solution for Sonoma hold off on updating your primary install. Possibly there will be some fix in the future that does not require OCLP and disabling SIPs.
  • AppleIGB works
  1. BIOS Settings
  3. Included Kext
  4. NVRAM Reset
Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 8.38.45 AM.png

• Ethernet:
  • GPU:
    • SMCProcessorAMD -> Publish CPU temperature to VirtualSMC
  • Kext Removed
    • The AMD Power Gadget still works but publishing the CPU sensor to third-party apps, like iStat Menus, has been broken since Sonoma's official release.
      • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext ->Power management features.
The picker theme is my own Stylized by default. It can be changed in MISC -> Boot -> PickerVariant.
Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 8.57.31 AM.png

Attachments

• Asus X570 I Gaming EFI 0.9.6.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.