John's Asus X570 I Gaming EFI (Works on MOST Asus X570 & B550 Motherboards)

surf3rninja

AMD OS X Member
Do I need SSDT-CPUR for B550?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Yes. That SSDT is required for B550 and A520 motherboards. It is the first change from the standard OC setup, specific to your motherboard.

# Ryzen Guide - ACPI

surf3rninja

AMD OS X Member

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
OpenCore 0.8.6 Release (November 7th, 2022) Compiled and Kext updated

Confirmed working for the latest Ventura Release & Beta.

Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 9.03.04 AM.png

Required BIOS and EFI Setting Links:
  1. BIOS Settings
  2. EFI Settings
  3. NVRAM Reset
Asus X570 & B550 motherboards with Realtek Ethernet add:
AMD Power Gadget kexts have been removed due to conflicts with Monterey. Download and re-add if desired:
Clean Install - new volume/partition needs to be formatted as APFS. In the past JHFS+ was use, but now the installer fails if the drive was formatted to JHFS+ prior to install.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 54

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Ventura 13.1 Beta 2 works with the 0.8.6 EFI.

Discovered the new AppleIGB Ethernet connection has been stable for the last few hours. Make sure if your try it to delete or disable SmallTree in your config. Will evaluate the performance and stability before updating the 0.8.6 EFI posted yesterday.

I do not use the sleep function, just turn off the monitor after a bit. Therefore, I will not be testing the stability after sleep.

Attachments

• AppleIGB.kext.zip
    98.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Good day. After clean installation Ventura 0.8.6 I have this problem .... will anyone advise how to remove it? Thx

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 16.28.07.png

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Your Windows partition may be trying to open and can not be read by Mac.

Tuxera will let Mac read NTFS.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Thanks, that helped, I didn't have WIN installed. After installing WIN everything is ok

vk2emp

AMD OS X Member
Thanks, that helped, I didn't have WIN installed. After installing WIN everything is ok
That message usually appears for two reasons - a brand new disk or a disk with linux on it - NacOS can read windows partitions just fine, a driver is needed (e.g. Tuxura) to write to them.

Unlike windows, that message is meant to prompt you to fire up disk utility and have a look at your drive configurations and prepare a new drive for use. Windows will just blindly ignore the drive leaving newbies to wonder "where my new 10Tb hard drive?"

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Included Kexts (Disabled)
OpenCore 0.8.7
and going forward, the following Kext are included in the EFI but disabled by default.

This was done due to problems with AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement & SCMAMDProcessor kexts causing boot loop and crashing with Monterey. Certain header changes were required for Ventura that are not always compatible with older versions of Monterey.

Now also included in the EFI are some commonly used Kext for the NVMe and hardware sensors along with compatibility for third-party hardware reporting apps like iStat Menus.
  • Intel 1GB Ethernet now works using AppleIGB
  • Realtek 2.5GB Ethernet using SmallTreeIntel82576 combined with LucyRTL8125 (both must be enabled). Recommend using only one Ethernet solution as SmallTreeIntel82576 prevent AppleIGB from working.
Enable the kexts as need at your own peril.

NVMe

• NVMeFix -> Patches for the Apple NVMe storage driver

CPU:
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext -> Power management features
    • AMD Power Gadget App
      • V 0.7 Older Version - Kext included in EFI - Shows CPU Temperature in third party apps (custom version of AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement & SMCAMDProcessor kexts by trulyspinach)
      • V 0.7.1 Current Version - Does not show CPU temperature in third party apps, download and update kexts manually

GPU:
  • RadeonSensor.kext -> Read GPU temperature

Intel 1GB Ethernet:
  • AppleIGB.kext -> Intel 1GB Ethernet
  • SmallTreeIntel82576.kext -> 1GB Intel Ethernet
    • Leave disabled if using AppleIGB
    • Enable if using LucyRTL8125Ethernet
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet -> Driver for Realtek RTL8125 2.5GBit Ethernet Controllers

Sensors & Third Party Apps (iStat Menus):Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 12.58.50 PM.png
CPU & GPU temperature + Fan Speeds in iStat Menus (Bottom Fan = Motherboard CPU Fan Header & Blower = Motherboard Chassis Fan header)
  • SMCAMDProcessor.kext -> Publishing sensor to VirtualSMC
  • SMCRadeonGPU.kext -> Export GPU temperature to VirtualSMC
  • SMCSuperIO.kext -> Read fan speeds

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
I guess I jumped the gun on the 0.8.7 release. I see on the build repo that changes were made just and hour ago. It might be a bit before it is actually released.

I have been running the Pre-Release 0.8.7 for about a week. Nothing of note for X570 & B550 motherboards has been added. Runs just fine.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
I guess I jumped the gun on the 0.8.7 release. I see on the build repo that changes were made just and hour ago. It might be a bit before it is actually released.

I have been running the Pre-Release 0.8.7 for about a week. Nothing of note for X570 & B550 motherboards has been added. Runs just fine.
The only change is that audio crackling has been fixed on APUs.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
OpenCore 0.8.7 Release (December 6th, 2022) Compiled and Kext updated
Confirmed working for the latest Ventura Release & Beta.

Screenshot 2022-12-06 at 10.13.19 AM.png

Required BIOS and EFI Setting Links:
  1. BIOS Settings
  2. EFI Settings (Core Count & GPU)
  3. Included Kext
  4. NVRAM Reset

Included Kexts
The following commonly used kexts are included but disabled by default.
Enable the kexts as need at your own peril.

NVMe

• NVMeFix -> Patches for Apple NVMe storage driver
CPU:
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext -> Power management features
    • AMD Power Gadget App
      • V 0.7 Older Version - Kext included in EFI - Shows CPU Temperature in third party apps (custom version of AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement & SMCAMDProcessor kexts by trulyspinach)​
      • V 0.7.1 Current Version - Does not show CPU temperature in third party apps, download and update kexts manually​
GPU:
  • RadeonSensor.kext -> Read GPU temperature
Intel 1GB Ethernet:
  • AppleIGB.kext -> Intel 1GB Ethernet​
  • SmallTreeIntel82576.kext-> 1GB Intel Ethernet
    • Disabled if using AppleIGB
    • Enable if using LucyRTL8125Ethernet
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet -> Driver for Realtek RTL8125 2.5GBit Ethernet Controllers​
Sensors & Third Party Apps (iStat Menus):
Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 12.58.50 PM.png

CPU & GPU temperature + Fan Speeds in iStat Menus (Bottom Fan = Motherboard CPU Fan Header & Blower = Motherboard Chassis Fan header)
  • SMCAMDProcessor.kext -> Publish sensor to VirtualSMC​
  • SMCRadeonGPU.kext -> Export GPU temperature to VirtualSMC​
  • SMCSuperIO.kext -> Read fan speeds​

Reset NVRAM after making changes to the EFI.

Clean Install - new volume/partition needs to be formatted as APFS. In the past JHFS+ was use, but now the installer fails if the drive was formatted to JHFS+ prior to install.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.8 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
0.8.7 EFI is confirmed working with the 13.1 public release today.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Bios Version 4408 for the X570 I Gaming works with OpenCore.

phazeshifta

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the EFI. After a bit of struggling (haven't done a hackintosh in ages), I was able to get my Crosshair VIII Impact, 3090 and 6800x up and working.

I'd love to get my bluetooth working though. Will none of the OpenIntel BT/Wireless kexts work with the on-board chips?

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the EFI. After a bit of struggling (haven't done a hackintosh in ages), I was able to get my Crosshair VIII Impact, 3090 and 6800x up and working.

I'd love to get my bluetooth working though. Will none of the OpenIntel BT/Wireless kexts work with the on-board chips?
You may be able find Kexts for your specific wifi and bluetooth hardware if you search around. But the native Apple services will not work. If you have an extra PCI slot an add on card maybe the easiest solution.

One caveat to using the Broadcom solutions is that Continuity Camera does not work.

A small Broadcom based bluetooth dongle should work. I have used several different bluetooth dongles with the supported Kexts to try and find a solution to the Continuity Camera issue with no luck. But they work for general bluetooth well.

phazeshifta

AMD OS X Member
I was able to get bluetooth working with a dongle, but I'd love to get wifi going for location services. I'm using a DTX motherboard, so using add-on card is a no go unfortunately.

Anyone have a solution for getting wifi up and going, or can suggest a dongle that would work with Ventura?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
This TP-Link Archer T3U Plus USB dongle is a dual bandwidth adapter, which is supported in macOS Catalina with drivers from TP-Link.

The device can also work in Monterey using Chris111's Wireless USB Patcher, linked below.

https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Big-Sur-Adapter

There have been a few reports of it working in Ventura 13.0.1.

The Link to Chris111's Github page also has a link to a list of compatible adapters, so you are not restricted to the Archer TU3 adapter.

Wireless-USB-Big-Sur-Adapter - Support Drivers (adapters)

If you purchase a WiFi device from Amazon and it doesn't work as you need, you can always send it back within the 30-days transaction period. That way you can get your money back or an alternative WiFi device.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.