CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I need to verify the rename you posted, I copied it without even verifyingI need to verify the rename you posted, I copied it without even verifying 🙈
What happens if we leave TableSignature empty? Does this mean the patch was not applied?
Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 12.30.48 PM.png

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Probably yes, we'll see when last efi test 🤷
In your previous EFI, TableSignature is correct:
Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 12.39.55 PM.png
But it is empty in this EFI:

jubarim

AMD OS X Member

Not working as Casey suspected. Odd thing is that I opened the confi.plist the Table Signature is already there (as DSDT), not empty ( #82 EFI).

By the way, when I open the config.plist there is a warning (but it's present in the working EFI #50 as well):

OCS: No schema for ResizeUsePciRbIo at 12 index, context <Quirks>!
Serialisation returns 1 error!

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
As main efi it uses #50, but it's strange it doesn't start the efi with the rename of the name prw to xprw 🤪
In the next few hours I will check better

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Not working as Casey suspected. Odd thing is that I opened the confi.plist the Table Signature is already there (as DSDT), not empty ( #82 EFI).
So perhaps it is necessary to rename Method _PRW instead of Name _PRW. Hopefully another Gigabyte AM5 user can double-confirm.

By the way, when I open the config.plist there is a warning (but it's present in the working EFI #50 as well):
We can ignore this warning for now. When OpenCore Configurator is updated for OC 0.9.0 this will disappear.

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
Will try it tomorrow. I have a feeling that ACPI changes have been made that will need some config.plist tweaking…
In the hero nothing has changed and always starts macos, they solved something about ram stability

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
In the hero nothing has changed and always starts macos, they solved something about ram stability
I am flashing the latest BIOS now. Using EZ Flash causes code 11 on POST code LED and system freezes. This is due to:
  • BIOS -> Advanced -> AMD CBS -> UMC Common Options -> DDR Options -> DDR Memory Features -> Memory Context Restore -> Enabled
After selecting "Load Optimized Defaults", saving the settings, rebooting, and re-entering BIOS Setup, I am able to flash the new BIOS.

I will re-enable that setting shortly.

Update: BIOS 0925 is working well so far. No issues with EFI configuration.

Last edited:

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
So wrapping up my Gigabyte Aorus Pro AX EFI, do you think it's successful enough to create a post in "Success Stories"?

I can post the current EFI with the credits of everyone that helped me here.

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
By the way, I will have to pause hacking until a buy a new VGA.

I was also gaming using my RX 6800 XT, bought used:
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 quitting out of nowhere after a few minutes.
  • I could not finish the 3dMark Time Spy once (tried multiple times) - in this case the computer reboots and there is a long and 3 short beeps --> "1 long beep accompanied by 3 short beeps means an AGP error"
So I"m returning it tomorrow, it was probably using in mining...

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
So wrapping up my Gigabyte Aorus Pro AX EFI, do you think it's successful enough to create a post in "Success Stories"?

I can post the current EFI with the credits of everyone that helped me here.
Please do.

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
Please do.

I'll do that later today.

By the way, after I removed the 6800XT, I tried to boot using the integrated graphics of Ryzen 7900X: macos booted fine (of course with no video acceleration).

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
I'll do that later today.

By the way, after I removed the 6800XT, I tried to boot using the integrated graphics of Ryzen 7900X: macos booted fine (of course with no video acceleration).
@jubarim please try form this efi :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ
Screenshot 2023-03-20 alle 16.51.47.png

I used the gigabyte patched dsdt sent by you, where the _prw method is already renamed to xprw and so it just finds the name _prw and renames it to zprw
do you think it can work?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@CaseySJ
View attachment 10112

I used the gigabyte patched dsdt sent by you, where the _prw method is already renamed to xprw and so it just finds the name _prw and renames it to zprw
do you think it can work?
Are you trying to rename both method and name? The DSDT opens in MaciASL if either one of those is renamed.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.