AMD Rayon R7 5800H Install Monterey kernel Panic

zxc2689963

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone, the Monterey kernel panic problem has been solved for AMD R7 5800H notebook installation. It is a great thing that the CPU can now run on 8 cores. Thank you guys very much.Thank them for discovering the problem and providing kernel patches @ExtremeX@Visual

Brand: Lenovo
Model: Legion 5 6th Gen
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800h
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600m 8GB ( Separate GPU mode)
HDD: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (1000 GB, PCI-E 3.0 x4)
WDS500G3X0C-00SJG0 (500 GB, PCI-E 3.0 x4)
Network: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz
Ram: x2 8GB 3200mhz ddr4
Display: 15.6 1080p 165HZ

Updated October 5, 2023
Problems solved:
1. You do not need to disable XHCI
2. The microphone problem is rectified
3. Monitor brightness can be adjusted, only in Ventura

Unresolved issues:
Failure to wake from sleep

Attachments

• EFI-2023-10-5.zip
    40 MB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Solution
Panic from Monterey 12.6
View attachment 7258
Thanks. I looked at the sched_prim.c file in the XNU Kernel source code (nice of Apple to let us know exactly where to search) and found that it's related to the TSC (Time Stamp Counter) Syncronization of the CPU cores. The section of the code which gives the panic is: https://github.com/apple-oss-distributions/xnu/blob/xnu-8020.140.41/osfmk/kern/sched_prim.c#L2836
Unfortunately Apple didn't update the XNU Source Code for macOS 12.6 yet, but I still managed to find the place where it calls the panic.
Image 1 is the code of XNU that panics if the time between cores does not match (not syncronized properly).

As seen when comparing the Big Sur and Monterey code (Image 2), Big Sur...

zxc2689963

AMD OS X Member
I think the USB controller can be identified, but I don't know why, as long as the USB controller is identified, it will be stuck near the loading PCI, which may be IRQ conflict, and it is possible to enter the system only after continuous restart. This is the IOREg I saved in the Big Sur system before, can you see that all the USB are normal

Attachments

• Legion 5.zip
    568 KB · Views: 14

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Would Lenovo Slim 7 Gen 7 AMD (16'') with Radeon 6600S hackintoshable with your EFI configuration file?
No idea, try it.
I think the USB controller can be identified, but I don't know why, as long as the USB controller is identified, it will be stuck near the loading PCI, which may be IRQ conflict, and it is possible to enter the system only after continuous restart. This is the IOREg I saved in the Big Sur system before, can you see that all the USB are normal
Does Big Sur work without GenericUSBXHCI?

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

zxc2689963

AMD OS X Member
Can be start without GenericUSBXHCI.But it's hard to get start. once the system is restarted, it needs to be rebooted many times to be successful, Using GenericUSBXHCI.kext is for 100% boot success

Last edited:

daliansky

AMD OS X Member
hey, @ExtremeXT, @Visual, I just got a minisforum hx90g, when I install monterey 12.6, I get a kernel panic message, I tried a few patches made by @Visual, but the kernel panic message will Recurrence; if it is convenient, can you provide directions or ideas to solve the problem; thank you very much

Attachments

• HX90G_KP.jpeg
    HX90G_KP.jpeg
    587.7 KB · Views: 14

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
hey, @ExtremeXT, @Visual, I just got a minisforum hx90g, when I install monterey 12.6, I get a kernel panic message, I tried a few patches made by @Visual, but the kernel panic message will Recurrence; if it is convenient, can you provide directions or ideas to solve the problem; thank you very much
You should make a new thread for this, ping me in the OP and attach your EFI, a hardware report in HTML format from HWiNFO64 and a dump of your ACPI tables (use DEBUG OpenCore and enable SysReport in the plist, then try booting macOS and zip the created SysReport folder on the ESP.)

Also aren't you the person who made the original "OC Little" in Chinese? 😅

daliansky

AMD OS X Member
You should make a new thread for this, ping me in the OP and attach your EFI, a hardware report in HTML format from HWiNFO64 and a dump of your ACPI tables (use DEBUG OpenCore and enable SysReport in the plist, then try booting macOS and zip the created SysReport folder on the ESP.)

Also aren't you the person who made the original "OC Little" in Chinese? 😅
Yes @ExtremeXT, because my English is very bad, I rarely visit English-based communities, and now I reply to your information using google translate. I try to open a new topic, attach these information, and then ping you

zxc2689963

AMD OS X Member
I have seen that computers with the same USB controller 1022:1639 can start and recognize USB without any obstacles. I have checked many websites, and the problems all point to EC,RTC and HPET. However, I have checked many times, compared with other DSDT, and tried to modify but failed

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
I have seen that computers with the same USB controller 1022:1639 can start and recognize USB without any obstacles. I have checked many websites, and the problems all point to EC,RTC and HPET. However, I have checked many times, compared with other DSDT, and tried to modify but failed
Have you tried to just add SSDT-HPET and separated the SSDT-EC-USBX into only SSDT-EC and SSDT-USBX?
If you are skeptical check out the latest EFI I uploaded for @daliansky on his HX90g and see if that arrangement works for you.

zty199

AMD OS X Member
:ROFLMAO: I tried to unlock the advanced options in BIOS, thought maybe something about "XHCI Handoff" would help......

Unfortunately, only some options about enable/disable specific usb ports can be found, and disable them didn't help...... (And what's worst is that after I disable "Above 4G MMIO", it won't boot now, even can't boot into BIOS XD...... Have to change the motherboard again I think)

Now the only difference we can see is the port name defined in DSDT...... Those working usb controllers on HP and HX90G seems to be PTRx, and on Levono are called HSPx/SSPx...... Is there any effects on these names?

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Yeah, my own laptop for example works with the same controller...
:ROFLMAO: I tried to unlock the advanced options in BIOS, thought maybe something about "XHCI Handoff" would help......

Unfortunately, only some options about enable/disable specific usb ports can be found, and disable them didn't help...... (And what's worst is that after I disable "Above 4G MMIO", it won't boot now, even can't boot into BIOS XD...... Have to change the motherboard again I think)

Now the only difference we can see is the port name defined in DSDT...... Those working usb controllers on HP and HX90G seems to be PTRx, and on Levono are called HSPx/SSPx...... Is there any effects on these names?
Ports might be an issue, sorry to hear you bricked your laptop though... You should try a CMOS reset.

zxc2689963

AMD OS X Member

Unfortunately, you and I have encountered the same problem. I used to set up to turn off Above 4G MMIO. As a result, the black screen of the computer could not be restored, so I had to change the motherboard. I also thought that it might be the confusion of PCI distribution, turning off Above 4G MMIO, and then the Boot-args parameter npci=0x2000. Later, I knew that Above 4G MMIO and Re-Size BAR were together and could not be closed alone. I did not do such a test after changing the motherboard, because I could not restore BIOS. This BIOS chip needs an advanced compiler to write. I don't have that device.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.