Ryzen 7000 Testing

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
UPDATE:
  • In my post above I assumed DSDT failed to load because of missing \SB.PCI0.GPP7.UP00.DP60.XH00
  • In actuality, SSDT-1.aml that defines table HBUP failed to load because the above path is missing
  • The GPP7.UP00.DP60.XH00 path is missing because SSDT-1 expects the DSDT to create the path, but DSDT failed to load for some other reason
Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 7.59.23 AM.png
1697296180279.jpg

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@mariettosun

To determine what is causing DSDT to fail, are there any clear ACPI error messages earlier in the boot log?

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
IMG_5300.JPG

i have this picture and the opencore log posted above in zip files
Have you this problem in your rig (gene) or you didnt update your system?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Awesome! This shows that DSDT could not be loaded because of missing:

SB.PCI0.GPP7.UP00.DP40.UP00.DP20.NV00

This device is created here:
Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 11.24.21 AM.png
And the parent device structure is created only when this condition is true:
Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 11.25.21 AM.png

If we look at device NV00 itself, we see that Thunderbolt is defined here: TBDP, TBDC, TBTD
Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 11.26.34 AM.png
@mariettosun,

Please try disabling Thunderbolt in BIOS, then see if macOS boots.

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
I did yesterday remembering old problems we had with devices
Same error
Also Ethernet and WiFi I have disabled but system hangs always in that way
Now I have flashback my good 1602 bios so I can’t test anything by now
But I have tested all i could in bios

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
If I decide to buy a Ryzen 8000 processor then I'll certainly upgrade the BIOS and troubleshoot any errors that may occur.

Because Ryzen 8000 is still 3 months away, we can wait.

At least we know there's a potential monster waiting for us... :)

Last edited:

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Does anyone have a copy of the the 1602 bios for X670E Hero? I am building another system with this mobo (long story) and I have no idea what BIOS version it will ship with when I start building it later this week.

drmeatball

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I can confirm that the 1710 BIOS update on my ASUS ProArt X670E-Creator WiFi also fails out in the same way. Gonna flash back to 1602 and wait it out for now.

Should have checked here first.. yep totally hosed!

How do we rollback on the Creator? Is it possible? Or do I need a new board or give up and switch to Windows? >:E

unforsaken

AMD OS X Member
Should have checked here first.. yep totally hosed!

How do we rollback on the Creator? Is it possible? Or do I need a new board or give up and switch to Windows? >:E
I was going to update the BIOS to 1809 on the X670E-I (ITX) but when I was about to (in the BIOS Update Screen), it said that I wasn't going to be able to rollback the bios to an older version. So I stopped, didn't update and stayed on 1654 for the time being.

Screenshot_151.png

However, on this👉 post, he mentioned being able to rollback the bios to an older version on the X670 HERO.

Last edited:

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@unforsaken
ASUS has two options to do a rollback of their bios on asus HERO
One is a checkbox in the bios
Another is traditional flashback button

I think all Asus x670 motherboards have one or both of these features

Last edited:

drmeatball

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
So I’ve turned on rollback and saved/F10 and reboot, etc and none of the 192GB compact Creator x670e bioses allow me to perform the process.

Apologies for the glare..

“The selected file is not a valid BIOS file.”

I’ve confirmed for the correct board (no x570e or non-WiFi Confusion), I used 7z and biosrenamer.

Computers in general have given me so much headache for the last few years I’m ready to settle down and hand back my HackOS credentials. I’m ready to do stuff, it’s less about the thrill of the chase at this point. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. I’m already installing Ubuntu which is where I planned to head once intel support dried up.

Ty all!

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpeg
    IMG_0001.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 6

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
So I’ve turned on rollback and saved/F10 and reboot, etc and none of the 192GB compact Creator x670e bioses allow me to perform the process.

I’ve confirmed for the correct board (no x570e or non-WiFi Confusion), I used 7z and biosrenamer.

Computers in general have given me so much headache for the last few years I’m ready to settle down and hand back my HackOS credentials. I’m ready to do stuff, it’s less about the thrill of the chase at this point. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. I’m already installing Ubuntu which is where I planned to head once intel support dried up.

Ty all!
rename your bios as this way:
PAX670CW.CAP
then put in an USB pen on flashback usb port
off your pc and pussh falshback button you have in your motherboard backplate
when flashback light wait till it ends the procedure

i did in this way

Tormod

AMD OS X Member

Ty all!
As the others have mentioned, the process of turning the PC off, putting a FAT32-formatted flash drive with the renamed BIOS at the root of the drive in the Flashback BIOS port, and pushing the Flashback button work. Just be prepared to wait ~10-15 minutes until the little LED (that you can't see well because it's behind the dang backplate, but it's green if you're curious) turns off. You can turn the PC on at that point, and it'll go through a few reboots where it's updating various components, then prompt for F1 setup because the CMOS settings were reset. If you want to avoid having to reinput all of your settings, use the ASUS user settings tool inside of the BIOS' Tools menu to back up your BIOS settings to a CMO file on a flash drive first before doing the BIOS flashback.

That process should work for any BIOS revision, even those that say they can't be rolled back from. :)

drmeatball

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
TYTYT!!! You guys are awesome.. figured out why the Flashback wasn't working, none of my USB sticks were MBR and I don't know diskpart.exe command well enough to change it from GPT. Found an old 2GB stick, copied it over, finally good to go!

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Sorry to bump tihs Broadcom / Fenvi T919 issue but i'm wondering if anyone on this forum has ttied the Temporary solution for enabling Broadcom WiFI in Sanoma (and late versions of Ventura) -- I am reliant on Handoff and Airdrop features and not willing to give them up.

More details on my newly built X670E Creator build that has been live since 10/18/23 to follow soon!

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Sorry to bump tihs Broadcom / Fenvi T919 issue but i'm wondering if anyone on this forum has ttied the Temporary solution for enabling Broadcom WiFI in Sanoma (and late versions of Ventura) -- I am reliant on Handoff and Airdrop features and not willing to give them up.
you have to use OCLP OpenCore Legacy Patcher

here a simple guide to follow for sonoma:

In ventura many broadcom work out of the box and if you do not have a working BT in Ventura you have to map better your USB ports

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
you have to use OCLP OpenCore Legacy Patcher

here a simple guide to follow for sonoma:

In ventura many broadcom work out of the box and if you do not have a working BT in Ventura you have to map better your USB ports

so it was not during one of the later Ventura updates that Broadcom Wifi stopped working? i'm a little rusty as I have taken a few months of hackintosh tinkering but IIRC it was around Venura 12.4 that Broadcom WiFi stopped working OOTB no?

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
i cant say, i can say i use Broadcom WIFI/BT happily with all their features in macOS Ventura and now with OCLP in macOS Sonoma (handoff, airplay airdrop continuity cam and so on)

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.