Ryzen 7000 Testing

tcb

AMD OS X Member
This thread inspired me.I have ordered an ASRock B650E PG ITX motherboard.I will try to do a hackintosh:)

tcb

AMD OS X Member
:eek:Followed this thread,I did the config.plist yesterday.The motherboard and cpu arrived today.
Very lucky for me, after doing mmio white list,I suscessfully boot Ventura!Much more smooth than I thought!:LOL:Thank you very much.
I will post my EFI for your reference(caution:the EFI is still very raw,needs to be modified,use it carefully)
My motherboard is ASRock B650E PG ITX,the bios is newest,
my bios settings are:
Fast boot:disabled
AMD fTPM switch:disabled
Re-size Bar: disabled
iGPU:disabledIMG20230318201047.jpg

Attachments

• EFI_B650E_PG_itx.zip
    4 MB · Views: 16

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

Kubokun

AMD OS X Member
Lol. I'm still prefer high capacity of gen3 nvme other than a gen5 with same random 4K read/write speed
My motherboard has no room for an active cooling nvme , I had to remove the nvme fan just because the clearance of topdown cpu Cooler

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Lol. I'm still prefer high capacity of gen3 nvme other than a gen5 with same random 4K read/write speed
My motherboard has no room for an active cooling nvme , I had to remove the nvme fan just because the clearance of topdown cpu Cooler
Yes, that’s the painful truth, namely:
  • Most of our real world disk I/O is random read/write
  • There is virtually no difference in random read/write performance between Gen 4 and Gen 5 drives compared in the video

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 14.25.42.png

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Notice the low random R/W performance.
yes in raid mode is worst than in normal mode
transferring big files is gorgeous

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
first 5.0 NVME slot (near CPU)

Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 14.55.21.png

Second 5.0 NVME Slot (far away CPU)

Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 14.57.55.png

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
if 33,5% of gain is not enough for you (in that specific test)
No reasons also to update from time to time CPU or GPU! ;)

unforsaken

AMD OS X Member
Greetings guys, I'm curious about something.

1. Now that we have TB4 working thanks to @CaseyJS (thank you and everyone else involved), is it (would even) possible to add/use an external GPU (eGPU) setup with a TB4 enclosure and configure/have MacOS in such way that it can do graphics rendering on the eGPU rather than the PCIE GPU connected directly to the motherboard?

Example setup:
PCIE GPU Connected directly to the motherboard: AMD 7900 XTX
eGPU: AMD RX 580

The point or main reason for this would be being able to have a dual-boot setup. The culprit is that the RX580 is supported in both MacOS and Windows and the 7900 XTX is currently only supported in Windows, and having MacOS with hardware accelerated graphics by using the RX580 would be interesting, to me. Instead of having to remove one card and plug the other.

2. If this is possible, would it make more sense to have 7900 XTX as the eGPU instead of the RX580?

Last but not least, having the video output on the 7900 XTX while everything else happens in the supported GPU (RX580).

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
1679414485951.png
New bios 1003 beta with some firmware update also for thunderbolt and AGESA (Asus x670E hero and many others AM5 ASUS motherboard)
It supports new ages and High Density DDR5 Modules
Also new update for TPM 2.0

Last edited:

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
1679422214564.png

RC is good for AMD AM5 users (and others)

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Greetings guys, I'm curious about something.

1. Now that we have TB4 working thanks to @CaseyJS (thank you and everyone else involved), is it (would even) possible to add/use an external GPU (eGPU) setup with a TB4 enclosure and configure/have MacOS in such way that it can do graphics rendering on the eGPU rather than the PCIE GPU connected directly to the motherboard?

Example setup:
PCIE GPU Connected directly to the motherboard: AMD 7900 XTX
eGPU: AMD RX 580

The point or main reason for this would be being able to have a dual-boot setup. The culprit is that the RX580 is supported in both MacOS and Windows and the 7900 XTX is currently only supported in Windows, and having MacOS with hardware accelerated graphics by using the RX580 would be interesting, to me. Instead of having to remove one card and plug the other.

2. If this is possible, would it make more sense to have 7900 XTX as the eGPU instead of the RX580?

Last but not least, having the video output on the 7900 XTX while everything else happens in the supported GPU (RX580).
@unforsaken,

Unfortunately, eGPU requires Thunderbolt Bus, which we haven’t been able to achieve with Maple Ridge. However, a flashed GC-Titan Ridge may be able to support eGPU to some extent. On Intel platforms I have had good success (‘good’ does not mean perfect, but quite usable if we understand the limits).

However, eGPU may not be necessary. We can install both GPUs into the motherboard and use a SSDT to disable the 7900XTX from only macOS.

unforsaken

AMD OS X Member
@unforsaken,

Unfortunately, eGPU requires Thunderbolt Bus, which we haven’t been able to achieve with Maple Ridge. However, a flashed GC-Titan Ridge may be able to support eGPU to some extent. On Intel platforms I have had good success (‘good’ does not mean perfect, but quite usable if we understand the limits).

However, eGPU may not be necessary. We can install both GPUs into the motherboard and use a SSDT to disable the 7900XTX from only macOS.
Ahh I see. Thank you for the acclaration and/or information. :D

My current motherboard is the X670E-I (ITX). Sadly I can only have one GPU (or one PCI-E device) plugged at time. I love this form factor but it hurts me not having the extra room for other devices and being able to do more. I see myself buying the Gene or similar in the very near future due to this. Anyway, thank you!

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Does continuity cam work for you with this RC?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Does continuity cam work for you with this RC?
The RC candidate is available now to the public so I’ll install it momentarily and check.

Update 1: Installing now...
Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 6.11.30 AM.png
Update 2: No problem with Continuity Camera in 13.3 RC.
Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 6.43.12 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-22 at 6.44.11 AM.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.