Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Good time to consider Zen 4 as prices have been reduced as follows:
  • 7600X down $50
  • 7700X down $50
  • 7900X down $75
  • 7950X down $125
In Europe, 7950X is down from 889€ to 659 which is fantastic for a new product. It goes to show how AM5 is not going well, for now, entirely due to motherboard/RAM pricing.

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Also on Ventura.

Looks like they got cheaper too, remember the 94360NG always being around $40-$50.
Yeah, I was surprised too; thought it must be a one-off thing so ordered 3 few months ago. But here they are, still the same price.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
In Europe, 7950X is down from 889€ to 659 which is fantastic for a new product. It goes to show how AM5 is not going well, for now, entirely due to motherboard/RAM pricing.
It is more complex than just pricing. Sure, mid range CPU are currently less desirable due to B650 not yet being released. But also a lot of people upgraded in the last few years since Zen 3 and Alder Lake were quite an upgrade already. That with rising inflation makes it currently a hard market to sell regardless of price. After 10 years of quad cores, the last few generations of CPUs just got so fast quickly that they out ran most applications needs except for professionals.

Even Alder Lake already sold well below Intels expectations despite attractive pricing, which is why lower end 13th gen are just rebranded 12th gen.

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
making a premise that in the end it's just a matter of taste,
@PoMpIs
if you want to try you can enable custom memory in your config plist PlatformInfo section and try
Having only two Dimm inserted you have to find the right combination for you (possibly without using dummy 1 MB dimm virtual slot
I attach screenshots and the plist of how I configured mine

If you manage to configure yours well, on the first reboot you will still get the popup with the "misconfigured" memories error message, from the second reboot if your NVRAM works from the second reboot you won't get the message anymore

Maybe it's too much flutter for this cosmetic thing..but if you want to try :)
View attachment 8687View attachment 8688View attachment 8689

The problem is that in my case it is DDR5... and I don't know how to do it, I have used "dmidecode" to see the information as it is said in the dortania guide, and there is nothing explained for DDR5... and "dmidecode" It also does not display information as it does in DDR4

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@PoMpIs those values are cosmetic (in plist)
you need only to re create the MacPro 2019 memory schema
No ddr5/ddr4 definition on hardware

to make your pc run well you have tried many :)
I would also try this :) :)

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@iGPU (rj510 on TonyMac) posted a very good guide for memory slot configuration:

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
@mariettosun @CaseySJ

I have done it as it is said in the tutorials.

It doesn't work on this system. 😅

Well, it works but it keeps showing the message when starting

Captura de pantalla 2022-11-22 a las 12.03.40.png

Captura de pantalla 2022-11-22 a las 12.04.53.png

Attachments

• OC-Memory-AM5.plist
    5.9 KB · Views: 3

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@PoMpIs
1669115989726.png

removed # on your config.plist?
when memory mapping works you will see green check and not yellow ones

First boot you will see memory popup
then, if your NVRAM works fine at the second boot this popup disappears ;)

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
@PoMpIs
View attachment 8695

removed # on your config.plist?
when memory mapping works you will see green check and not yellow ones

First boot you will see memory popup
then, if your NVRAM works fine at the second boot this popup disappears ;)

Yes of course, in my config I don't have # ..

I'm going to restart again and see if the notification disappears at startup 😁

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
@mariettosun

No effect 🤪

It doesn't matter if you reset the NVRAM or what you do, the message without RestrictEvents always comes out

Captura de pantalla 2022-11-22 a las 12.34.11.png

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@PoMpIs also custom memory flag must be enabled
And no yellow check in graphics if all is well done

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
The problem has to be because the MacPro7,1 the minimum configuration is 4 modules... not just two like I have

Captura de pantalla 2022-11-22 a las 13.12.04.png

If I add two other modules and add them to the config.plis, I'm sure the notification at startup will disappear..

I have tried to change the slot modules in the Config.plist and the changes take effect perfectly...

Captura de pantalla 2022-11-22 a las 13.17.09.png

but MacOS keeps warning because it does not expect any MacPro7,1 with less than 4 modules 😅

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
only for testing purpose you could try to fill other two slot in config.plist with a virtual module of 1 Mb for size)
Some guide do in this way

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
only for testing purpose you could try to fill other two slot in config.plist with a virtual module of 1 Mb for size)
Some guide do in this way
I have gone out to eat, when I return home I try but I don't think it will work without having 4 modules

drmeatball

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
To disable the iGPU on this motherboard (Asrock Steel Legend x670E), go into the BIOS.
Select Advanced, AMD CBS, NBIO Common Options, and click on the folder icon that says GFX Configuration.
Set iGPU Configuration to iGPU Disabled.

You will now have the iGPU disabled in your Ryzentosh. I have the same board that you do. I added an external M-Audio USB audio interface and a USB Wifi module that is compatible with Chris1111's wireless drivers. In short, it's magnificent. Audio is now absolutely perfect in everything I throw at it at 96,000Khz. Stairway by Heart sounds perfect. :) I have 3ms of audio delay in Logic Pro. Geekbench 5 numbers are off the charts with my 5.5 Ghz OC'd direct die 7900x. Enjoy!

THANK YOU TEAM FOR DOING ALL THIS! YOU ARE AMAZING!

Fantastic!! GOt it switched :D

Do you mind sharing a scrubbed config? Mine boots through verbose but when it would get to the mouse cursor / installation part it just stays blank and eventually the screen shuts off.

Much appreciated!

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Fantastic!! GOt it switched :D

Do you mind sharing a scrubbed config? Mine boots through verbose but when it would get to the mouse cursor / installation part it just stays blank and eventually the screen shuts off.

Much appreciated!
Send your EFI zipped, along with your OC Debug log and a SysReport dump.

enraged78

AMD OS X Member

Attachments

• Working EFI Steel Legend.zip
    7 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
You need to do the Plist KBD Data mod. ...or just use the EFI I just attached. :)
If this is for an ASRock X670 Steel Legend, you can use this one I made for another user, but MAKE SURE TO REPLACE UTBMAP WITH YOUR OWN!

Attachments

• ASRock_X670E_Steel_Legend_EFI_OC_0.8.7.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.