Ryzen 7000 Testing

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
it is a problem related to Nvram where some datas is stored
but too much effort to debug with few hope to be listened (only AMD problem and only using MacPro 7.1 Smbios)

If you're absolutely right...

If I activate the kext, I reboot, I reset NVRAM, it no longer restarts on the first boot attempt 🙆‍♂️

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
With smbios iMacPro1,1 I need to use WEG and agdpmod=pikera ... to have DRM
yes I have said this only because could be an indication to track the bug and another is how memory are seen if you use imacpro1.1 or MacPro7.1 with the kext

these below is how I see men (MacPro7,1 and no restrict events)
1669055949324.png

with memory mapping no kext

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Answer for both:

The problem when doing what CaseySJ says, in my system every time I reactivate Kext and reboot for it to take effect, the first boot attempt restarts before reaching the desktop, and the next attempt if everything returns to normal

If I never activate it that never happens..

That Kext to the Ryzen with MacPro7.1 smbios is not doing well at all
Well, that's a problem with every AMD system in general, not only AM5, I meant AM5 specific issues, but you didn't mention anything else then I'm guessing everything is in proper order.

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Well, that's a problem with every AMD system in general, not only AM5, I meant AM5 specific issues, but you didn't mention anything else then I'm guessing everything is in proper order.

No, no other problem, everything works fine and stable, there is no difference with the Intel in my daily use 👌

enraged78

AMD OS X Member
Unfortunately there is no option to disable the igpu in the bios
To disable the iGPU on this motherboard (Asrock Steel Legend x670E), go into the BIOS.
Select Advanced, AMD CBS, NBIO Common Options, and click on the folder icon that says GFX Configuration.
Set iGPU Configuration to iGPU Disabled.

You will now have the iGPU disabled in your Ryzentosh. I have the same board that you do. I added an external M-Audio USB audio interface and a USB Wifi module that is compatible with Chris1111's wireless drivers. In short, it's magnificent. Audio is now absolutely perfect in everything I throw at it at 96,000Khz. Stairway by Heart sounds perfect. :) I have 3ms of audio delay in Logic Pro. Geekbench 5 numbers are off the charts with my 5.5 Ghz OC'd direct die 7900x. Enjoy!

THANK YOU TEAM FOR DOING ALL THIS! YOU ARE AMAZING!

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
yes I have said this only because could be an indication to track the bug and another is how memory are seen if you use imacpro1.1 or MacPro7.1 with the kext

these below is how I see men (MacPro7,1 and no restrict events)
View attachment 8666

with memory mapping no kext

To me without RestrictEvents I get this at the beginning...

Captura de pantalla 2022-11-21 a las 20.05.09.png

And in about my mac the following:

Captura de pantalla 2022-11-21 a las 20.05.27.png

But it is only aesthetic, in information everything goes well

Captura de pantalla 2022-11-21 a las 20.05.46.png

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
To disable the iGPU on this motherboard (Asrock Steel Legend x670E), go into the BIOS.
Select Advanced, AMD CBS, NBIO Common Options, and click on the folder icon that says GFX Configuration.
Set iGPU Configuration to iGPU Disabled.

You will now have the iGPU disabled in your Ryzentosh. I have the same board that you do. I added an external M-Audio USB audio interface and a USB Wifi module that is compatible with Chris1111's wireless drivers. In short, it's magnificent. Audio is now absolutely perfect in everything I throw at it at 96,000Khz. Stairway by Heart sounds perfect. :) I have 3ms of audio delay in Logic Pro. Geekbench 5 numbers are off the charts with my 5.5 Ghz OC'd direct die 7900x. Enjoy!

THANK YOU TEAM FOR DOING ALL THIS! YOU ARE AMAZING!
Congratulations on your new Hackintosh! 🎉

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
No, no other problem, everything works fine and stable, there is no difference with the Intel in my daily use 👌
After fixing TSC and FSB, even the movement of windows does not stutter. Previously I saw "visual" stutter:
  • ... when moving windows (especially large windows) across the screen
  • ... when minimizing windows and restoring windows (the "genie" effect would stutter)

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
After fixing TSC and FSB, even the movement of windows does not stutter. Previously I saw "visual" stutter:
  • ... when moving windows (especially large windows) across the screen
  • ... when minimizing windows and restoring windows (the "genie" effect would stutter)

The stutter with the first bios happened in windows too.. 😆

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@PoMpIs to avoid memory error you have to map your dimm in your config plist
And if you have a working nvram
After first boot after the memory configuration in plist error will disappear
But true it is only cosmetic

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
With smbios iMacPro1,1 I need to use WEG and agdpmod=pikera ... to have DRM

what is DRM?

I was going to use MacPro7,1 on my 7950/X670E build.. but now I am not so sure.

I'm going to be using 4 RAM sticks.. of 64 GB total.

am I gg to have to Map them in order for them to work properly with MacPro7,1? or is this just a cosmetic issue?

etorix

AMD OS X Member
what is DRM?
Digital Rights Management

am I gg to have to Map them in order for them to work properly with MacPro7,1? or is this just a cosmetic issue?
This is just cosmetic (and RestrictEvents takes care of it), but note that DDR5 drops speed when running with 2 DIMMs per channel so you'd be better with 2*32 GB than with 4*16 GB.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Digital Rights Management

This is just cosmetic (and RestrictEvents takes care of it), but note that DDR5 drops speed when running with 2 DIMMs per channel so you'd be better with 2*32 GB than with 4*16 GB.
I know..

i'm actually thinking of building a second 7950X system and I may just install 2x16 in each rather than 4x16 for this reason. I do not need 64 Gigs of RAM, but i assumed it was nice to have (this was before I learned that populating more than 2 DIMMs throttles the memory speeds on AM5.)

I have an X670E Hero that I purchased as am impulse buy when this thread was created. and then when the X670 Creator was available on Newegg I jumped on it. Maybe now that the 7950X has dropped in price I wlll buy a second one to build a second system. (when I impulse bought the X670 Hero I did not realize that it only had 2 DIMMs.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
** Table of Contents for this Thread **
Initial version of our Table of Contents is now available:

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
** Table of Contents for this Thread **
Initial version of our Table of Contents is now available:

Man, i don't know how to tell you, you're doing such a wonderfull job by providing this clarity here but in all of what you're doing. Congratulations to you all, you give us that liberty we do need in this chaotic world.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I know..

i'm actually thinking of building a second 7950X system and I may just install 2x16 in each rather than 4x16 for this reason. I do not need 64 Gigs of RAM, but i assumed it was nice to have (this was before I learned that populating more than 2 DIMMs throttles the memory speeds on AM5.)

I have an X670E Hero that I purchased as am impulse buy when this thread was created. and then when the X670 Creator was available on Newegg I jumped on it. Maybe now that the 7950X has dropped in price I wlll buy a second one to build a second system. (when I impulse bought the X670 Hero I did not realize that it only had 2 DIMMs.
I am realizing how much I love P-cores and dislike E-cores! This little Ryzen 7 7700X with undervolting and power capped at 85W just produced 2100 in GeekBench single core. With Alder Lake and Raptor Lake you never know if the tasks you care about most get assigned to the fastest cores.

The price drops are an excellent opportunity for people to upgrade to DDR5, PCIe 5, AM5. The AM5 platform will be supported for at least 4 years, so motherboard won't need to be replaced. Another strike against Intel... :)

Screenshot 2022-11-20 at 6.14.24 AM.png

Last edited:

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
This little Ryzen 7 7700X with undervolting and power capped at 85W just produced 2100 in GeekBench single core.

I;m hoping to undervolt my 7950X sometime too...although I heard that the 7900X and lower bins are generally better at undervolting

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
To me without RestrictEvents I get this at the beginning...

making a premise that in the end it's just a matter of taste,
@PoMpIs
if you want to try you can enable custom memory in your config plist PlatformInfo section and try
Having only two Dimm inserted you have to find the right combination for you (possibly without using dummy 1 MB dimm virtual slot
I attach screenshots and the plist of how I configured mine

If you manage to configure yours well, on the first reboot you will still get the popup with the "misconfigured" memories error message, from the second reboot if your NVRAM works from the second reboot you won't get the message anymore

Maybe it's too much flutter for this cosmetic thing..but if you want to try :)
Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 8.36.35 AM.pngScreenshot 2022-11-22 at 8.37.13 AM.pngScreenshot 2022-11-22 at 8.38.38 AM.png

Attachments

• 8 dimm_MacPro7.1.plist.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 1

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.