Ryzen 7000 Testing

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
The continuity camera, as @CaseySJ says, works with the FENVI-919 or with official apple cards.

In my case I always replace the intel wiffi of the motherboards with this one that MacOS recognizes OOTB as its own airport

Me too!

I choose not to cripple my macOS experience by using the on-board Intel WiFi/BT module. I always use Broadcom.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
All checks have passed. We still have time to make changes to our pull request, but the window of opportunity will close in two weeks. So if we need to make changes, now is the time.
Window closed early! :)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Continuity Camera works on my Asus X670E Gene with a Fenvi FV-T919 (Broadcom WiFi/BT).

Doesn't work with my BCM94360CS2 :( Vit even tagged me in the changelog. Nice work guys. Now to tackle the other issues.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Doesn't work with my BCM94360CS2 :(
The Fenvi uses 94360CD, but not sure if that should matter. @PoMpIs reported success with Fenvi. I’ll re-check on my end to make sure I wasn’t hallucinating.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Doesn't work with my BCM94360CS2 :( Vit even tagged me in the changelog. Nice work guys. Now to tackle the other issues.
What other issues are left? I thought @CaseySJ said everything else is working perfectly (except Thunderbolt which most people won't use).

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
What other issues are left? I thought @CaseySJ said everything else is working perfectly (except Thunderbolt which most people won't use).

Any post install issues etc like with the Gigabyte X670E user is facing with ACPI.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Aquantia AQC 10GbE, but that’s not specific to AM5. That’s a VT-d issue.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Why not make a separate thread for that?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Would be something truly special if we can get the VT-d issue fixed on AMD :unsure:

etorix

AMD OS X Member
** OpenCore Pull Request Accepted and Merged **

vit9696 himself accepted and merged our
FSB/TSC pull request two hours ago! Woohoo!​
That was fast!
But did I see a screenshot of a code contribution? :eek: Is that the new hardcore trend in the Silicon Valley?
(No. NO! Don't send it to THAT boss…)

Would be something truly special if we can get the VT-d issue fixed on AMD :unsure:
It' sounds almost like you're setting a trap for someone. Almost. :cool:

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Fantastic job done guys. I am very happy to be a witness of that powerful collaboration, even i don't understand everything lol....
1.But i would like to have an improvement on the TB3 on my system with the titan ridge v2. Because if it is recognised even in hot plug ( a baster usb c support ? ) i have the colorwheel when i am loading an plugin with my Octo Universal Audio sattelite ant it takes a frustating time to the flow of my mixing. Strangely with Wavelab 11 the loading of the plugins are instantaneaous, perphaps it's because a single track software ?
2. My "old" but reliable RME FF800 works through a texas instruments pci card Fireface 400/800 , but i have play by switching quickly by alterning the outputs in bar menu to have the correct sound otherwise all the meters goes red or sound isn't right, i manage that by launching quitting and relaunching Firefox in Youtube, switching on and off the FF800. After that the sound it's correct i can launch my DAWs Logic or others. Thank you to send me a precise link for that or an advise to adress this issue that's will be wonderful. Have a nice day.
I use AppleALCU kext and alcid=29

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Fantastic job done guys. I am very happy to be a witness of that powerful collaboration, even i don't understand everything lol....
1.But i would like to have an improvement on the TB3 on my system with the titan ridge v2. Because if it is recognised even in hot plug ( a baster usb c support ? ) i have the colorwheel when i am loading an plugin with my Octo Universal Audio sattelite ant it takes a frustating time to the flow of my mixing. Strangely with Wavelab 11 the loading of the plugins are instantaneaous, perphaps it's because a single track software ?
2. My "old" but reliable RME FF800 works through a texas instruments pci card Fireface 400/800 , but i have play by switching quickly by alterning the outputs in bar menu to have the correct sound otherwise all the meters goes red or sound isn't right, i manage that by launching quitting and relaunching Firefox in Youtube, switching on and off the FF800. After that the sound it's correct i can launch my DAWs Logic or others. Thank you to send me a precise link for that or an advise to adress this issue that's will be wonderful. Have a nice day.
I use AppleALCU kext and alcid=29
I have flashed my GC-Titan Ridge, which works very well on Z690 Alder Lake. Recommended firmware versions are NVM33 and NVM67, both of which can be downloaded from the Thunderbolt Firmware Repository on TonyMac:

However, some Thunderbolt audio interfaces such as those from Antelope Audio require AppleVTD. I'll investigate Thunderbolt after we're done with some of the ongoing tasks.

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Last edited:

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member

No, those don't work, I had several on laptops and they don't work, I even think some universal control doesn't work either, and airdrop only works in one direction

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
If anyone would like to test the RELEASE-Mode (i.e. not debug mode) version of OpenCore.efi with the conditional statement for separating AMD Family F / ExtFamily A from other CPU families, please try the attached file. Just need to backup your existing OpenCore.efi and replace it with attached version, then reboot and check for any issues, particularly garbled audio.
Swapped out the release version to a USB boot drive for my Asus X570-I Gaming setup and then watched Heart perform Stairway to Heaven on Youtube. What a production, enjoyed the reboot of that epic song without issue. Awesome job by Heart and everyone here who is contributing to this epic update for AMD platforms. I am astounded it works for even MSI AMD4 users too, good show all! What a break through,

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
The continuity camera, as @CaseySJ says, works with the FENVI-919 or with official apple cards.

In my case I always replace the intel wiffi of the motherboards with this one that MacOS recognizes OOTB as its own airport

I have a fenvi T919 also on my X570 Creator / 5950X Hackintosh and Continuity Camera does not work (even tho five minutes or so after 1st booting into Ventura I got a message from MacOS about using Continuty Camera in Ventura.)

I was lead to believe that Continuity Camera only works on Intel Hackintoshes. that is what I am asking you.

FYG AirDrop, Handoff, and unlock with Apple Watch all work on my X570 Hackinosh. but not Continuity Camera.

Last edited:

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
I have a fenvi T919 also on my X570 Creator / 5950X Hackintosh and Continuity Camera does not work (even tho five minutes or so after 1st booting into Ventura I got a message from MacOS about using Continuti Camera in ventura.

I was lead to believe that Continuity Camera only works on Intel Hackintoshes. that is what I am asking you.

FYG AirDrop, Handoff, and unlock with Apple Watch all work on my X570 Hackinosh. but not Continuity Camera.

I have only had the FENVI in the intel...

In the AMD I have that one from ebay..

Does it work to import from the iPhone?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.