Ryzen 7000 Testing

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Hi guys!!

I'm flashing the new bios (v0705) I'll tell you if it improves in a few minutes (y)

EDIT: Nothing has changed with this bios update 😢
Maybe any new BIOS settings?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
In the BIOS, System Agent Configuration, Initiate iGPU.
This along with selecting to use PCIe graphics apparently "should" disable it according to the ROG forums.

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
@ExtremeXT

I have extracted with SceWin all the configuration of the bios... take a look at it...

There I can deactivate the iGPU, and flash again... in windows it works but MacOS when I change it from there does not start

Attachments

• Bios.zip
    24.6 KB · Views: 3

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
In the BIOS, System Agent Configuration, Initiate iGPU.
This along with selecting to use PCIe graphics apparently "should" disable it according to the ROG forums.

I don't see "system agent configuration"
On my board it doesn't have that option.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
@ExtremeXT

I have extracted with SceWin all the configuration of the bios... take a look at it...

There I can deactivate the iGPU, and flash again... in windows it works but MacOS when I change it from there does not start
I wouldn't risk flashing custom BIOS on such expensive hardware, but did you try disabling the SSDT after disabling the iGPU?

"UMA Frame Buffer Size" in "NB Configuration" does this have a "Disabled" option?

Last edited:

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
I wouldn't risk flashing custom BIOS on such expensive hardware, but did you try disabling the SSDT after disabling the iGPU?

"UMA Frame Buffer Size" in "NB Configuration" does this have a "Disabled" option?

It's not dangerous, the changes only last as long as I don't reset the bios... and that wouldn't matter, because I can re-flash via USB bios Flashback...

In that extracted file, there are all the bios options, both the ones that I officially see in the bios and the ones that Asus has hidden 😁

UMA framebuffer not show Disabled on bios, only auto

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
It's not dangerous, the changes only last as long as I don't reset the bios... and that wouldn't matter, because I can re-flash via USB bios Flashback...

In that extracted file, there are all the bios options, both the ones that I officially see in the bios and the ones that Asus has hidden 😁

UMA framebuffer not show Disabled on bios, only auto
So "Auto" is the only option?

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
I have the options that are seen in the Bios.cfg file
View attachment 7736

Setup Question = iGPU Configuration
Help String = UMA Mode
Token =A3 // Do NOT change this line
Offset =44
Width =01
BIOS Default =[0F]Auto
Options =[0F]Auto // Move "" to the desired Option
[00]iGPU Disabled
[01]UMA_SPECIFIED
[02]UMA_AUTO
[03]UMA_GAME_OPTIMIZED
Did you try setting this to iGPU Disabled?

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Did you try setting this to iGPU Disabled?

Yes... but MacOS reboots after passing Pre-Boot..

And in windows the iGPU disappears but the system hangs after two minutes.

Some serious problem must have those of Asus in their bios so that in 3 versions of Bios they don't show the option to disable the iGPU, I don't think they do it for pleasure 😆

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Yes... but MacOS reboots after passing Pre-Boot..

And in windows the iGPU disappears but the system hangs after two minutes.

Some serious problem must have those of Asus in their bios so that in 3 versions of Bios they don't show the option to disable the iGPU, I don't think they do it for pleasure 😆
Can you send the DSDT of with iGPU disabled?

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Can you send the DSDT of with iGPU disabled?
I attached the Dump... but it doesn't work at all well that thing about deactivating the iGPU... Linux keeps showing it
Screenshot at 2022-10-07 21-21-58.png

Attachments

• SysReport.zip
    83.4 KB · Views: 3

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Gigabyte AM5 motherboard also has audio and PCIe issue... I think audio can only be fixed with an USB DAC.

rhys

AMD OS X Member
Gigabyte AM5 motherboard also has audio and PCIe issue... I think audio can only be fixed with an USB DAC.
Dang where you see that?

As long as USB DAC solves it, it's not the end of the world.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.