Unable to download installer

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
I am trying to execute the command "python ./macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m 00000000000000000 download" so it will download, but running into issues. I am on Windows 10 and I have Python 3 installed and I have rebooted.

I have had a working BigSur MacOS for sometime now and I thought I would upgrade to Monterey, though the update did not go according to plan. I will be happy to go back to BigSur but I am unable. The new instyallation wont allow me to read from a USB and the Internet is not functioning, so I need to reinstall again, which is no issue. The problem I am facing is I cannot get the command line to execute the download. I have tried researching the issue but with my lack of knowledge of specific words to help me search this issue, I'm hitting a dead a brick wall.

I know it is probably something so simple, but I have tried running the following:

python ./macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m 00000000000000000 download
py ./macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m 00000000000000000 download
git ./macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m 00000000000000000 download
macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m 00000000000000000 download
python macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m 00000000000000000 download
py macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m 00000000000000000 download

I don't get what the difficulty is. I had this downloaded once before and I never had this much issue. I have changed directory to the macrecovery folder and I have moved the folder to desktop to see if that helps. I have opened CMD as Admin and that didn't help either. I'm praying someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. When the CMD finally accepts what I type, it tells me "Access Denied".

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
So now I'm tackeling the Monterey internet issues. Because of the difficulty of getting the downloader on windows and worrying about making a new usb, I set everything up on another SSD for Catalina. I then booted and downloaded using the gibMacOs for Monetery 12.4. Once it downloaded i just launched the program and let it install. I just need to make some additions to the kexts and update the config.plist but propertree wont open the config.plist on the SSD. I'm guessing that I would need to copy it into another folder (my USB) to make a clean snapshot. I'm researching into this now.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You need to have Python installed for ProperTree to work.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
You need to have Python installed for ProperTree to work.

I copied a few programs to the install usb in case I needed them, such as Python 3, ProperTree, Open Core Configurator and MountEfi. I didn't realise Open Core Configurator was a EFI mount tool as well. The install didn't go to well. I kept running into internet issues and then my Boot failed due to a kext and the changes I made were on the actual SSD EFI partition. hence I learned that it's best to always do the testing with a USB, that way I can add and remove things at will. I'm going to reinstall BigSur after I install Catalina again. If I had not have tried upgrading to Moneterey, everything would have been fine. So I'll go back to BigSur and let it set comfortably there

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
I have Big Sur up and running. My Ethernet connection is running great, but I am still encountering a BT and WIFI issue. Neither of them are scanning even though they say they are on. I suspect I may have an incorrect kext, so I am adding my EFI in a hope you could examine it. My Wifi is onboard Intel and my BT is Intel also. I have the kexts for those, but maybe I haven't used them correctly. I am researching if I am meant to do anything additional with the firmware.kext

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.3 MB · Views: 1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You only need the BluetoolFixup.kext from the Broadcom Bluetooth kexts, so BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext are not required.

When using Itlwm.kext you have to use the Heliport appliaction to see any working wifi signals. So it is better to use AirportItlwm.kext instead. The kext you use needs to match the version of macOS you are running, in this case Big Sur.

I have made these changes to your EFI and attached a revised version below. See if this fixes your WiFi and Bluetooth.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.6 MB · Views: 4

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
Everything worked great, so I rebooted once more and that was great, I then copied the completed EFI to the mounted EFI drive after completing that I then rebooted once more to make sure everything was ok, then I saw all of this. I don't know what happened.

Do I need to install again?

Attachments

• image_50402817.JPG
    image_50402817.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 2
  • image_50441729.JPG
    image_50441729.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The kernel panic in the second image is ’still waiting for root device’, which is usually caused by the USB port containing the boot drive or installation drive being dropped when the bios hands over to the OS.

Normal option is to use a different USB port.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
The kernel panic in the second image is ’still waiting for root device’, which is usually caused by the USB port containing the boot drive or installation drive being dropped when the bios hands over to the OS.

Normal option is to use a different USB port.
I thought that I had the USB drive removed. I will remove the USB drive again and see if it still happens

Edit: Yes I have the USB drive removed, so this is running straight off the SSD. I must have copied too much of the EFI file. Ohhhh I copied both folders under the EFI folder which is Boot and OC. I may not be understanding your reply fully.

Last edited:

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
I went in and ran first aid from the disk utility and it booted my BigSur. I then rebooted again but my boot options can no longer see UEFI Samsung SSD anymore. So I plugged in my USB and booted from there and I was able to get back in. But it appears that I cannot get boot options to see the UEFI boot option without my USB. It can see the SSD but not as a UEFI boot option. But at least I can work directly on it until this issue is resolved.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
I thought this might be an issue with the NVMe fix.kext so I removed it and updated the config. Upon rebooting the boot manager still does not see the UEFI BigSur M.2 SSD. This is mounted directly onto the Motherboard. I am still able to get into my system via booting from the USB drive, but it's like the M.2 UEFI Boot partition is faulty or something wrong within the files. But as this EFI is the same one @Edhawk posted, that shouldn't be an issue. Unless there is an issue with it's partition itself.

I am still seeing the string the system pauses on, but the system continues after pausing for a couple of seconds and continues to boot up successfully. This is the "VEK unwrap Failed, this is normal, except for the root volume"

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
I have resolved the problem (I think). I thought I might test a couple things after reading a post about dual boot. I deleted the entire EFI folder from the mounted EFI partition, then shutdown the computer. I removed my Windows SSD and then booted back up using the USB drive. I then downloaded your EFI again and moved that straight over to to the mounted EFI partition. I ejected the USB drive and booted and it booted up perfectly fine into BigSur. I then shut my computer down and reconnected my Windows SSD and booted back up and it gave me both boot options as normal. I selected the BigSur drive and it booted fine.

I do not know why, but something happened to the EFI file after I downloaded it last time and placing it into the Mounted EFI partition. Whatever happened was causing all of this. It appears resolved now, so I will do a few random boots during the day today and see how it goes.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
The boot issue is solved. There is only 1 remaining issue which is the Bluetooth still isn't working. It is showing that it is on, but I cannot toggle it off and it only finds my AirPods which is a permanent device, so I suspect it is getting that info from my iCloud. It is Intel BT and it has been working in the past but after this new reinstallation it is not. I will not change anything with Kexts until I get a reply. Thanks a ton for all your help.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
An article I was reading about Intel BT not working on Big Sur was stating that it only stopped working with OpenCore version OC 0.6.3. Apparently if I take the version back to 0.6.2 which I think is what I was using in the past it might work again. I would only need to change all the files in the folders except for the kexts and do a new snapshot ? Another comment was simply moving the position of the USB mapping kext above the Bluetooth kexts in the config But I’m not at my computer, so I’ll need to check what kexts were in there.

Last edited:

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
Something odd is happening. When I start up my computer, it loads very fast to the login screen, barely any coding is seen, but there is no progress bar before the login screen. After entering my password, it then shows the wallpaper and then loads all code that is meant to, but I see that text scrolling through the wallpaper, while I am signed in. It is not all happening before I login.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
I tried changing the OpenCore version to 0.6.2 and that didn’t help. I saw a post where it showed adding the 3 BRCRamPatch kexts helped, but they did not help my issue. I have the BlueToolFix.kext and the IntelBluetoothfirmware.kext but they are not helping either. Apart from this and the strange boot without coding until I login, everything is great. I can handle the boot coding issue. I can disable the visual printout once I fix the Bluetooth issue.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
Ohhh Bluetooth HCI is not showing in my system report. I need to map the USB ports which I've never done before. I will look further into this

Edit: It was listed, I missed it. I added the IntelBTPatcher.kext and IntelBluetoothInjector.kext and my Bluetooth is working great now. I just need to look into Airplay, since I am working on the computer, I might as well fix that little bit.

Edit 2: I've been looking into why I cannot see Sidecar on my custom PC. I have been reading the information on Github about the FeatureUnlock.Kext but I'm not totally understanding what I'm reading. I have dGPU and I have my SMBIOS set to MacPro 7,1. Is setting my SMBIOS to another version a fix for this or do I need to edit the config too? I did try to set my SMBIOS to another version and the system didn't like it, so glad I do all this testing now on the USB drive and not my SSD.

Last edited:

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
Is anyone able to suggest a good SMBIOS model that I can use to be running most of the up to date apps. Airplay, Screen Mirroring and Sidecar? I recently changed it to iMacPro1,1 but I'm unsure on the model. I do have Sidecar running now, but some things are still a bit finicky. I understand that these have not been working perfectly for a while, but hoping there's some more fixes I can apply @Middleman @Edhawk

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
MacPro7,1 would be the next one to try. That is the SMBIOS I use when running an AMD Hack for Monterey or Ventura.

With the MacPro7,1 smbios you should be using the RestrictEvents.kext. This kext doesn't work with iMacPro1,1 or MacPro6,1 smbios.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
MacPro7,1 would be the next one to try. That is the SMBIOS I use when running an AMD Hack for Monterey or Ventura.

With the MacPro7,1 smbios you should be using the RestrictEvents.kext. This kext doesn't work with iMacPro1,1 or MacPro6,1 smbios.
I’ll change it up MacPro7,1 once I’m back at my computer. Thanks a ton for all your help on this. I truly appreciate it. I’ve learned so much on this journey. I’m still finding so many things but the thing I live about all of this is that I have a Custom built PC that I built which has Windows, but also has MacOS. Because I use so many Apple devices, it just made sense to make a PC that I can easily share files between my iPhone and PC or to jump easily from one device to the next, Use iCloud, answer texts on my computer while I’m working. It’s just so economical and universal. Not to mention it’s a breeze to use because everything synch so efficiently. Thanks again.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
Can you use the OpenCore legacy patcher with our system or is that only for actual official older macOS? If we can use it, is there any benefit to using it after you have an up and running system ?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.