Unable to download installer

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
I am trying to execute the command "python ./macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m 00000000000000000 download" so it will download, but running into issues. I am on Windows 10 and I have Python 3 installed and I have rebooted.

I have had a working BigSur MacOS for sometime now and I thought I would upgrade to Monterey, though the update did not go according to plan. I will be happy to go back to BigSur but I am unable. The new instyallation wont allow me to read from a USB and the Internet is not functioning, so I need to reinstall again, which is no issue. The problem I am facing is I cannot get the command line to execute the download. I have tried researching the issue but with my lack of knowledge of specific words to help me search this issue, I'm hitting a dead a brick wall.

I know it is probably something so simple, but I have tried running the following:

python ./macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m 00000000000000000 download
py ./macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m 00000000000000000 download
git ./macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m 00000000000000000 download
macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m 00000000000000000 download
python macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m 00000000000000000 download
py macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m 00000000000000000 download

I don't get what the difficulty is. I had this downloaded once before and I never had this much issue. I have changed directory to the macrecovery folder and I have moved the folder to desktop to see if that helps. I have opened CMD as Admin and that didn't help either. I'm praying someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. When the CMD finally accepts what I type, it tells me "Access Denied".

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
No you should not use OCLP on a Hack. It has been designed and released for use on a REAL MAC, to get over the limitations Apple introduced for older Mac's running newer versions of macOS.

OpenCore Legacy Patcher is not supported on a Hack. The Developers of OpenCore state this quite clearly in their guides/readme docs.
You would see no benefit using OCLP on a running system. Probably the opposite, it would mess things up.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
I have taken my system back to Catalina. I have noticed that it seems a little slower than big Sur but it isn’t a major issue for me. It will definitely be easier to restore my system if anything happens. Plus Airdrop is working great.

I just had a question about Messages/iMessage iCloud backup. There doesn’t seem to be an option in the ICloud options to restore my message history so not the Mac. The option was available on Big Sur. I thought I would ask if you knew if there’s a way to restore them all. I could login to the iCloud website and see if there’s a way to download my history straight from there. I’ll take a look at that option too.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Open Messages.
Open Preferences from the file drop down menu.
Select use iCloud for messages.

That should begin your system Messages app syncing and downloading the Messages from your iCloud account.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
Open Messages.
Open Preferences from the file drop down menu.
Select use iCloud for messages.

That should begin your system Messages app syncing and downloading the Messages from your iCloud account.
There is no option to enable that. I should have explained before that I had already tried finding that. Also for some reason keychain continues to uncheck every time I login. I always need to select it again. There is also an issue where it keeps telling me "Update Apple ID settings, some account services won't be available until you sign in again". But I have been prompted to sign in 3 times on 2 restarts of my computer. I left it overnight to run and it looks that it has synch'd everything, but this still remains there and not able to select Messages in any of the windows. I appear to be having a performance issue too. It looked a moment ago that 3 windows were overlapping, but was visible through each other. There are times when I have been typing on here and my typing has completely locked up or waiting a significant time period for something to happen, such as logging into apple. It can take up to 4-5 minutes before it is properly logged in. I will upload my EFI again.

Attachments

• F4FCD7A3-7286-469D-94C1-655CC549083D.jpeg
    F4FCD7A3-7286-469D-94C1-655CC549083D.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 14
  • 7049ED47-D591-4D44-9D81-2C3333FB2511.jpeg
    7049ED47-D591-4D44-9D81-2C3333FB2511.jpeg
    7.4 MB · Views: 7
  • E9ECAC2E-08FE-4EE2-9759-E935ADC8668D.jpeg
    E9ECAC2E-08FE-4EE2-9759-E935ADC8668D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • OC.zip
    21 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I have the following option enabled in Messages > Preferences - iMessages

Screenshot 2022-09-27 at 13.41.41.png This option syncs the messages from my other Mac's, iPhone, iPad and Hack's.

I am showing this from a Big Sur installation. Should be the same or very similar in Catalina, Monterey and Ventura if I recall correctly.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
I have the following option enabled in Messages > Preferences - iMessages

View attachment 7356 This option syncs the messages from my other Mac's, iPhone, iPad and Hack's.

I am showing this from a Big Sur installation. Should be the same or very similar in Catalina, Monterey and Ventura if I recall correctly.
I don't know why but it wasn't there. But that is all good. I have finally suceeded in installing Monterey with Internet. Everything is synching very fast, so apart from the issues I was facing with the internet, I got it installed and running. I do have an issue with Bluetooth as it tells me it cannot open the settings. I do have Wi-Fi but not Ethernet. I was reading that there is apparently some issue with Ethernet not working and I did try using the AppleIGB.kext that I saw you post in another thread about the issue. I thought I best add my EFI for you to take a look at, but please bear in mind that this EFI was originally set up to work with Catalina. But for some reason Catalina seriously hates my system, so I thought, I might as well just persist with Monterey. I did a little workaround to get it installed, by 1st Installing Catalina and then downloading Moneterey and upgrading. This atleast gave me the platform to continue testing the kexts to get some internet. It wasn't being detected at first, then I went into network and created a manual wifi network, in which it detected instantly. So a bit of work, but it's there. I have everything synching and I have had no issues with it. I don't know if there is any suggestions you can provide for the Ethernet and the Bluetooth. I haven't had a read into the BT required kexts so far. If there is anything you feel important that needs to be altered in my file, please feel free. I have a fairly long boot time, but once I'm in, it's all super fast. I do have a Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD and I know that this brand is seriously bad for Monterey, but unsure if there have been updates to this issue. Wondering if it might be faster to just Clone Monterey over to my Apple Backup HDD. Please advise, Thanks a ton for all your help again

Attachments

• EFI Alison.7z
    18.5 MB · Views: 2

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Things to keep in mind when using Intel WiFi/Bt and running Monterey.
  1. AirportItlwm.kext comes in different versions for each major release of macOS.
    1. So the kext that works in Catalina won't work in Monterey, you need to replace the Catalina kext with the appropriate kext for Monterey, Big Sur & soon Ventura.
    2. Screenshot 2022-09-27 at 17.44.10.png Release options for Airportitlwm.kext etc.
    3. https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/releases/tag/v2.1.0
  2. IntelBluetoothInjector.kext doesn't work in macOS Monterey.
    1. You have to add a MaxKernel entry of 20.99.99 to prevent it being loaded by OC in Monterey, so it continues to works in Big Sur and older.
    2. Screenshot 2022-09-27 at 17.52.51.png
  3. You have to add BlueToolFixup.kext to get your Intel Bluetooth working in Monterey.
    1. This is available from the BrcmPatchRam repository
    2. https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM/releases/tag/2.6.3
    3. You have to add a MinKernel entry of 21.0.0 to only allow this kext to work in Monterey or newer.
    4. Screenshot 2022-09-27 at 17.53.41.png
Regarding your Intel Ethernet controller, can you post a screenshot of your Hackintool > PCIe tab. With the tab fully expanded so I can see which Ethernet controller is being used by your motherboard. The reason for wanting to see this is that you have 3 x Intel Ethernet kexts in your OC setup and you should only need one. Below is an example of a fully expanded PCIe tab screenshot.
Screenshot 2022-09-27 at 17.55.06.png Hackintool > PCIe tab example

I have attached a revised OC folder, containing the new kext and Max/Min Kernel entires for the kexts. I have not changed any thing else.

See if booting with these changes helps with your Bluetooth issues.

Attachments

• OC.zip
    21.3 MB · Views: 4

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
Hello @Edhawk here are the images you requested. I also added a zip file of the text doc that I exported from my list. I now have access to the BT screen, but it does not search for anything. It is able to be toggled on and off. My system is booting much faster now as well. Just like loading Catalina or Big Sur.

I was wondering if you could point me to some good videos about properly learning all of this stuff. I know I could watch an interview instructional video where they teach you step by step but I as looking for something that might explain why we set such values. I would love to learn more in-depth on how all this works. I try to follow the Dortania’s Install Guide. But I seem to be getting things still confused.

Once I got everything solved, I’ll make a permanent USB. I just need some good instruction on how to make a USB install drive with the full installer ( that won’t need the internet). The problem I’ve ran into is that I’m use to the files that you use from the OpenCore download, so I do t understand how to use the files that are downloaded from the gibMacOS. If I just copy those into the com.Apple.recovery.boot folder and run the installer directly from there. I watched some guides but those weren’t for windows, so now I can do it on macOS, it may be easier for me to understand the video.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 11.08.52 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 11.08.52 am.png
    895.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 11.09.09 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 11.09.09 am.png
    918.6 KB · Views: 2
  • pcidevices.txt.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
YAY ! We solved of my issue. I was reading up about the IntelBluetooth problem detailed on here and I removed the IntelBluetoothInjector.kext, IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext and BlueToolFixup.kext completely and then saved the config. Rebooted and then downloaded the IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext v2.2.0 and BlueToolFixup.kext v2.6.1 and then added these and saved my config once more. I now have working Bluetooth. We just need to see if we can fix the Ethernet now :love: @Edhawk @Middleman

Attachments

• OC.zip
    27.9 MB · Views: 1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Good to hear you have your Intel Bluetooth working.

Your motherboard's Ethernet is provided by an Intel i211 controller.
  • SmallTreeIntel82576.kext stopped working with the i211-AT controller when Monterey was released.
  • The IntelMausi.kext doesn't contain the device ID for your i211-AT (8086:1539) so is no use either.
You need to remove both of the kexts listed above from your OC setup, as all they will do is make things harder for your system to work with the correct Ethernet kext.

You need to replace the AppleIGB.kext in your /OC/Kexts folder with the more recent AppleIGB.kext attached below. The new kext is version 5.7.2. The version currently in your /OC/Kexts folder is older and doesn't work, as it has not been patched for Monterey.

Attachments

• AppleIGB-RELEASE.kext.zip
    62.6 KB · Views: 2

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
The system is showing the Ethernet as online, it finds my IP address etc but if I turn the wifi off and try to to browse with safari it tells me no internet connection. I also detected another issue, with the wifi, it also stops working after I made the changes you suggested. Wifi Seems to be connected upon login, but if I leave it for a minute, it seems to die out.

I've been reading into the issues and I did the kextstat | grep AppleIGB herminal command and I got the following

No variant specified, falling back to release
87 0 0 0x2b000 0x2b000 com.amdosx.driver.AppleIGB (5.7.2) 76854FE3-3B5C-3893-9857-22615E4CC116 <50 16 7 6 3 1>

I don't know what it means, I'm still researching the problems and suggested fixes :cool:

Edit 1: Tested the AppleIGB.kext v5.7.2 and it did not help. After reviewing comments, I tried v5.7.2-im and had some success. I still do get some random disconnection.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 5.16.53 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 5.16.53 pm.png
    2 MB · Views: 4
  • OC.zip
    27.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
Is there anything else I can try for the Ethernet ? The AppleIGB seems to help for up to a minute after login, then all internet activity seems to cease. I do have have Wi-Fi that appears stable if I don’t make the changes you suggested. I guess I would like to have the speed my Ethernet can give. I need to take another look at the discussions to see if there is more I can try. The command for Ethernet suggested didn’t seem to help. @Edhawk @Middleman

Last edited:

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Is there anything else I can try for the Ethernet ? The AppleIGB seems to help for up to a minute after login. Then all internet activity seems to cease. I do have have Wi-Fi that appears stable if I don’t make the changes you suggested. I guess I would like to have the speed my Ethernet can give. I need to take another look at the discussions to see if there is more I can try. The command for Ethernet suggested didn’t seem to help. @Edhawk @Middleman
Okay, under your device properties try these:

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 9.53.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 9.52.28 PM.png

And under your boot-arg add e1000=0. And disable any Intel or Realtek LAN drivers that you currently have.

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 9.53.07 PM.png

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
@DancingShinryu,

For the WiFi I forgot to mention but in addition to the above settings I would try to use the Monterey stable version of the Airportitlwm.kext as yours would be the Intel AX201 so should work.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
@DancingShinryu,

For the WiFi I forgot to mention but in addition to the above settings I would try to use the Monterey stable version of the Airportitlwm.kext as yours would be the Intel AX201 so should work.
@Middleman I made the changes as advised. I have added the efi again for you. I don't have any other drivers that I am aware of. How would I check correctly? The WiFi is working perfectly, so it's just the ethernet that needs resolving.

Attachments

• OC.zip
    27.7 MB · Views: 1

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
@Middleman I made the changes as advised. I have added the efi again for you. I don't have any other drivers that I am aware of. How would I check correctly? The WiFi is working perfectly, so it's just the ethernet that needs resolving.
Okay. If the WiFi is working great then we can leave it alone. But when I mentioned the LAN port drivers this would either be the IntelMausi, SmallTree8xxxx, LucyRTL8125Ethernet or AppleI2xx.kext drivers (if you have any of these in your build). These must be disabled and only e.1000=0 added to the boot-arg.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
Hmmm so I found the problem (I think). I don't know why, but I did not have the entry "csr-active-config" and having it set to "EF0F0000". I also needed to do a ResetNVRAM upon booting. I have Ethernet connection and is working. I will allow my machine to stay online for an hour and test the ethernet again. I have included some screenshots which appear a little different than yours @Middleman which is only the slots numbers. I haven't really learnt all that stuff yet.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 7.45.02 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 7.45.02 pm.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 7.44.47 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 7.44.47 pm.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 7.44.37 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 7.44.37 pm.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 2

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
Hmmm so I found the problem (I think). I don't know why, but I did not have the entry "csr-active-config" and having it set to "EF0F0000". I also needed to do a ResetNVRAM upon booting. I have Ethernet connection and is working. I will allow my machine to stay online for an hour and test the ethernet again. I have included some screenshots which appear a little different than yours @Middleman which is only the slots numbers. I haven't really learnt all that stuff yet.
Seems to be offline when the computer wakes from sleep. I needed to Toggle the speed in the advanced settings to get it back online. I decided to buy a cheap Realtek Ethernet Card from Amazon, I have removed the AppleIGB.kext and added the RealtekRTL8111Ethernet.kext V2.4.2. So far there hasn't been any issues. I'll test to see what happens when it wakes from sleep, but from what I read, there doesn't seem to be as many issues with Realtek.

Edit: It all looks great, no problems with the Ethernet at all. Thank you @Middleman @Edhawk for all your help. Now I'll create a full installer just in case anything ever goes wrong again. But I won't be doing any more upgrades, so all should be good. Thanks. ❤️

Last edited:

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
@Middleman @Edhawk I have ran into a slight problem. I allowed my system to upgrade to Monterey 12.6 and then I lost all Wi-Fi ability. I wasn't even able to toggle the wifi switch to turn it on. I thought this issue was because I upgraded, but even after a fresh installation of 12.5.1 it is still the same. I don't recall making any changes. I am using the 2.1.0 Stable version of AirportItlwm.kext and it is the Monterey download. I am unsure of what went wrong. I'll upload my current EFI, hoping something is catching your eye. I'm unable to add a manual WiFi connection either. Thanks.

Attachments

• OC.zip
    27.9 MB · Views: 0

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
@Middleman @Edhawk I have ran into a slight problem. I allowed my system to upgrade to Monterey 12.6 and then I lost all Wi-Fi ability. I wasn't even able to toggle the wifi switch to turn it on. I thought this issue was because I upgraded, but even after a fresh installation of 12.5.1 it is still the same. I don't recall making any changes. I am using the 2.1.0 Stable version of AirportItlwm.kext and it is the Monterey download. I am unsure of what went wrong. I'll upload my current EFI, hoping something is catching your eye. I'm unable to add a manual WiFi connection either. Thanks.
Okay. If you have Windows, double-check if you have Intel AX201 OR Intel AX200 card and change as required for the device property under model. If problems still occur try to update the Airportitlwm to v2.2.0 and make sure the Airportitlwm loads after Lilu, WEG, AppleALC, VirtualSMC/AMDCPUPowerManagement and USBMap.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.