Unable to download installer

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
I am trying to execute the command "python ./macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m 00000000000000000 download" so it will download, but running into issues. I am on Windows 10 and I have Python 3 installed and I have rebooted.

I have had a working BigSur MacOS for sometime now and I thought I would upgrade to Monterey, though the update did not go according to plan. I will be happy to go back to BigSur but I am unable. The new instyallation wont allow me to read from a USB and the Internet is not functioning, so I need to reinstall again, which is no issue. The problem I am facing is I cannot get the command line to execute the download. I have tried researching the issue but with my lack of knowledge of specific words to help me search this issue, I'm hitting a dead a brick wall.

I know it is probably something so simple, but I have tried running the following:

python ./macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m 00000000000000000 download
py ./macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m 00000000000000000 download
git ./macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m 00000000000000000 download
macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m 00000000000000000 download
python macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m 00000000000000000 download
py macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m 00000000000000000 download

I don't get what the difficulty is. I had this downloaded once before and I never had this much issue. I have changed directory to the macrecovery folder and I have moved the folder to desktop to see if that helps. I have opened CMD as Admin and that didn't help either. I'm praying someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. When the CMD finally accepts what I type, it tells me "Access Denied".

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
Okay. If you have Windows, double-check if you have Intel AX201 OR Intel AX200 card and change as required for the device property under model. If problems still occur try to update the Airportitlwm to v2.2.0 and make sure the Airportitlwm loads after Lilu, WEG, AppleALC, VirtualSMC/AMDCPUPowerManagement and USBMap.
That did the trick. I must had been using version Airportitlwm 2.2.0 before and with my tinkering I took it down to 2.1.0 without realising. I added the additional kexts you listed and they are all loaded in the correct order now. Thanks a ton ❤️

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
That did the trick. I must had been using version Airportitlwm 2.2.0 before and with my tinkering I took it down to 2.1.0 without realising. I added the additional kexts you listed and they are all loaded in the correct order now. Thanks a ton ❤️
You’re welcome!

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
I’ve taken Monterey back up to 12.6 with the Safari update and the system is working perfectly. It was clearly my error, not the update. No issues with Ethernet, WiFi, BT or anything. I’ll be able to keep it here now and she is running so smoothly. I have absolutely no need to change anything. Thanks a ton again for both your help and for having great patience with me @Edhawk @Middleman

Last edited:

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
How do I use the files that it downloads? I'm not able to run the pkg file on windows
I have an installer on the USB drive with Monterey 12.6 now. If anything ever goes wrong again that is so dire, I can now just reinstall Monterey and then restore my files and settings with Migration Assistant. I used gibMacOS for the image. I just needed to learn how to properly add it to the USB stick so I can run the installer straight from there. That part only took me a couple minutes. The biggest issue I was facing was understanding the USB creation for the installer using a Windows machine. Once I was using Apple, I could follow the guide so easily and had no problems at all.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
Just a quick question about Auto Unlock with my Apple Watch, do I need to get a WiFi card such as the FENVI FV-T919 or is this feature just not working great at the moment. It's the only feature I would like to get working if I can. But so much information out there is stating that you need a Native WiFi card, some are saying the SMBios needs to be changed, some are saying that the feature is just buggy and not working well at the moment. I have tried switching off my watch and iPhone, then turning off wifi and bluetooth on the PC, turning off "wake for network access" and then turning off the Auto Unlock option, powering the devices back on again and then enabling wifi and bluetooth and then enabling the Auto Unlock setting. I thought I would pass the question on to you both to see if you have any concrete information as to the function and if it is working or what I may need. I am willing to buy the network card if it will help. A bit costly for such a simple thing as unlocking, but hopefully it's not needed. @Edhawk @Middleman

Edit: It appears that my WiFi on my Gigabyte Auros X570 Pro Wifi may not be compatible. My manual states
Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, supporting 2.4/5 GHz Dual-Band BLUETOOTH 5 Support for 11ax 160MHz wireless standard and up to 2.4 Gbps data rate * Actual data rate may vary depending on environment and equipment.
but wether or not this is a supported Apple Wireless card with Bluetooth Low Energy(4.0+), I don't know. The system report for the wifi did say my wifi was Auto Lock supported. But even after doing the troubleshooting fixes with the removal of the files in this post it did not help. I am looking at supported wifi cards but the thing I am trying to wrap my head around is the connection interface differences between Apple and my AMD x86 Motherboard. I understand that I cannot just plug an Apple Airport Card into my PCIe Slot and expect it to work. I need some kind of adaptor. If either of you have any advice or suggestions around this, I would be most appreciative. Thx

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The unlock feature will require a native Apple WiFi/BT card to work. That means you need a Broadcom card.

The Fenvi cards are usually easily sourced, but they can be a bit hit and miss when it comes to enabling all the Apple features.

You would be better served buying an original Apple WiFi/BT card BCM4360CS2 or BCM43602CS, and mounting it on a PCIe adapter. These cards tend to work better and without the need for any kexts or patches in macOS.

The SMBIOS matters as certain features are only available on newer systems, your MacPro7,1 should be fine to work with the unlock feature, so there is no need to change your systems SMBIOS.

I don’t have an Apple Watch, so have never used the unlock feature.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
The unlock feature will require a native Apple WiFi/BT card to work. That means you need a Broadcom card.

The Fenvi cards are usually easily sourced, but they can be a bit hit and miss when it comes to enabling all the Apple features.

You would be better served buying an original Apple WiFi/BT card BCM4360CS2 or BCM43602CS, and mounting it on a PCIe adapter. These cards tend to work better and without the need for any kexts or patches in macOS.

The SMBIOS matters as certain features are only available on newer systems, your MacPro7,1 should be fine to work with the unlock feature, so there is no need to change your systems SMBIOS.

I don’t have an Apple Watch, so have never used the unlock feature.
@Edhawk Just checking if those Models are indeed correct? I have found BCM94360

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Those models are correct. But they can be seen with the BCM94360 name too.

BCM94360CS2 or BCM943602CS

If you use either name to search for an Apple Card both will work and should find the same items.

The Fenvi card uses the older BCM4360CD chipset. If possible don’t get this card, get one of the two I mentioned.

eBay and/or AliExpress usually have lots of these Apple cards available.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
I'm looking at this one. It fits the bill, I think. Is the Fenvi Adaptor for the Wifi Card to PCIe ok? I'm seeing a ton of those for sale, I'm guessing the adaptor is fine, as you said, the actual wifi card to avoid fenvi.

Last edited:

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
OHHHH I found this one
  • Apple MacBook Air 13" A1466 WiFi Wireless Bluetooth AirPort Card BCM94360CS2AX x 1 Piece

BCM94360CS2AX and it ships Brand new from Local. It is authentic Broadcom

Ordered :love: YAY I'm so excited. The last little bit that I need to do with my Hackintosh and I shouldn't need to add any kexts (even better, but I will if absolutely needed). Thank you again @Edhawk for your wonderful help.

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You will need a PCIe adapter to get the Apple Card working, you will also need a spare Motherboard USB2 header port for the Bluetooth connector from the PCIe adapter card.

s-l1600.jpg Adapter card for BCM4360CS2 WiFi/BT card

s-l1600-2.jpg Typical package contents for adapter card.

Examples of the adapter cards I have purchased from Amazon.co.uk & eBay.co.uk are linked below.

This assumes you will be using a PCIe slot for the wifi.

IF you are going to remove the Intel WiFi/BT card and install the Broadcom card in the M.2 connector on your motherboard then you need a different type of adapter.

Something like this would be required if the M.2 connector was used.

s-l1600-3.jpg M.2 adapter for BCM4360CS2 card

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
This is the one I purchased. I just have a question. The 2 cables that are used for the antenna, does it matter which cable is connected to which connection on the card itself ? I know the cables are just giving the card a far better signal, so I’m guessing it don’t matter which antenna cable is connected to either of the cards antenna connectors.

Attachments

• 78073319-7CC9-4E64-8CD9-220D9A2BC39C.png
    78073319-7CC9-4E64-8CD9-220D9A2BC39C.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 2

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
No it doesn't matter which cable is connected the antenna on the card.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
No it doesn't matter which cable is connected the antenna on the card.
I have the Wi-Fi/BT card, I'm just awaiting the adapotor which should arrive hopefully tomorrow. I was just wondering if I can just remove the Airportitlwm.kext once the Apple Card is installed? or if I should just leave everything the way it is? Thank you. @Edhawk @Middleman

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Yes, remove the Intel WiFi and Bluetooth kexts before you install the Broadcom card.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
Wonderful, everything appears to be working. I can now unlock my Mac with my watch. I have WiFi and BT and I deleted the additional network connections that were there. I will upload my current OC file in case there is something either of you think I require, but I think it's all good. Thanks a ton for your help again @Edhawk @Middleman

Attachments

• OC.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 4

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
Hello, I have seen there is an option to upgrade to Ventura 13.0. Do you think I would be ok upgrading with my current OC folder? @Middleman @Edhawk

Attachments

• OC.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.