Ryzen 7000 Testing

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I got the whitelist values from CaseySJ @ExtremeXT ....X670E Master bios 22b is currently in use
Bios version 22b is described as:
  1. Checksum : 7B5C
  2. Update AMD AGESA 1.1.0.2 b
  3. Improve Ryzen 8000 series APU performance with STAPM default disabled
So yes you probably need someone to help you generate a DSDT or you should try to roll back your bios to F13. You don't mention if your EFI ever worked so we are a little in the dark about what your situation is and what changes are needed. I asked about your white list values because typically they are not all enabled, systems won't boot if they are. On a gigabyte board I had and on several Asus boards I use only the 4244635648 value is needed. At this point that is moot until you can resolve your bios version or get more help from @Lorys89 who has this figured out.

Last edited:

ManuelB

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

@leesurone

I installed Sonoma and everything works so far. 14.0 but the updates can no longer be installed and it always crashes quite early. My EFI has been working since the end of 2022. Only currently it doesn't work. It is known that the Broadcom card no longer works for WiFi. Ventura installation runs completely and without any problems through . But something has now changed with 14.1/2/3/4/5 that it no longer works. Maybe a tip.@

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

@leesurone

I installed Sonoma and everything works so far. 14.0 but the updates can no longer be installed and it always crashes quite early. My EFI has been working since the end of 2022. Only currently it doesn't work. It is known that the Broadcom card no longer works for WiFi. Ventura installation runs completely and without any problems through . But something has now changed with 14.1/2/3/4/5 that it no longer works. Maybe a tip.@
So no recent bios updates then? It's been reported on Asus boards that bios versions that support 8000 series processors do not work without a properly configured DSDT in the ACPI folder. That seemed to be what you were asking about in your first post, if you have been running 22b successfully before updating to 14.1 then probably not a concern. It might be how you had your ethernet card configured, you no longer need an SSDT to enable its use. I turned that off in the attached as well as some of GPU sensor kexts and bluetoolfixup.kext which if you have a Fenvi type Broadcom card you do not need. I also updated some core kexts and OC to .98. See if it helps, you can always add the kexts back in if you like later.

Attachments

• EFI-3.zip
    36.3 MB · Views: 9

ManuelB

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
So no recent bios updates then? It's been reported on Asus boards that bios versions that support 8000 series processors do not work without a properly configured DSDT in the ACPI folder. That seemed to be what you were asking about in your first post, if you have been running 22b successfully before updating to 14.1 then probably not a concern. It might be how you had your ethernet card configured, you no longer need an SSDT to enable its use. I turned that off in the attached as well as some of GPU sensor kexts and bluetoolfixup.kext which if you have a Fenvi type Broadcom card you do not need. I also updated some core kexts and OC to .98. See if it helps, you can always add the kexts back in if you like later.
Unfortunately, I still have the same problem. Sonoma 14.0 starts but when I want to do the update offered, 14.5 crashes the system. It downloads it but when rebooting it briefly shows the loading bar for about 10 seconds and then reboots

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Unfortunately, I still have the same problem. Sonoma 14.0 starts but when I want to do the update offered, 14.5 crashes the system. It downloads it but when rebooting it briefly shows the loading bar for about 10 seconds and then reboots
14.5? The latest is 14.3.1. Beta is at 14.4 so I'm confused what you mean. How are you trying to download and install? Via the app store?

ManuelB

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
sorry please...I meant 14.4 beta 5...Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-02 um 11.46.33.png

I'm just trying 14.3.1

ManuelB

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
So it worked..... I read your link and I was able to install.....thank you very much for your help. I was just able to install 14.3.1 thanks to your last post. Ryzen energy kext must be deactivated. Then you can activate it again(y)(y)(y)

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-02 um 12.31.51.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-02 um 12.31.51.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 14

Alexey564

AMD OS X Member
Hi,
is here anyone with 100% functional build with 7900x or 7950x CPU / Ventura 13.4.tested on Ableton/Logic Pro? Today I am decided to order hardware components and would like to get EFI that will work immediately. I use Logic Pro X and Ableton Live 10 with MOTU M2 as USB audio interface and around 400 plugins from 40 vendors. Sometimes Photoshop, FinalCUT. On the internet there are many recommendations to avoid AMD for music production due to lacking 100% compatibility with Intel drivers under MacOS
Hello there,

I can't guarantee a 100% functional build with the specific CPU and setup you mentioned, but I can offer some advice.

For music production, especially with demanding software like Logic Pro X and Ableton Live 10, having a powerful CPU like the Intel Core i9-7900X or 7950X can indeed be beneficial due to their high core counts and strong single-core performance.

In terms of compatibility with macOS, Intel processors generally have better compatibility as they are what Apple uses in their own computers. However, that doesn't mean AMD processors won't work at all. Many users have successfully built Hackintosh systems with AMD CPUs, but it often requires more effort and tinkering to get everything working smoothly.

As for the EFI (Extensible Firmware Interface), it's essential for booting your Hackintosh system. However, providing specific EFI configurations for your setup may not be feasible as it heavily depends on your motherboard, GPU, and other components. It's recommended to search for Hackintosh guides and communities where users share their EFI configurations for similar setups. Websites like tonymacx86 and InsanelyMac are good resources for this.

In terms of hardware components, make sure to choose compatible parts, especially the motherboard and GPU. Research Hackintosh compatibility lists and user experiences to ensure smooth compatibility.

Lastly, keep in mind that building a Hackintosh can be a challenging and time-consuming process, especially if you're new to it. Be prepared to troubleshoot and experiment to get everything working correctly.

Good luck with your build!

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Update:
  • We have succeeded in flashing modified Thunderbolt firmware to on-board Maple Ridge controller via OpenCore shell EFI (external CH341a flasher not needed)
  • This was done on Asus Z690 ProArt. I plan to try this on Asus X670E Gene later today
Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 5.37.45 PM.png

Last edited:

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Update:
  • We have succeeded in flashing modified Thunderbolt firmware to on-board Maple Ridge controller via OpenCore shell EFI (external CH341a flasher not needed)
  • This was done on Asus Z690 ProArt. I plan to try this on Asus X670E Gene later today
View attachment 13706
Awesome is all I can say, thanks for pioneering this.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Update:
  • … I plan to try this on Asus X670E Gene later today
Flashing the Maple Ridge firmware on Asus X670E Gene (via EFI shell application) bricked the controller. I was able to flash original firmware using a CH341a external flasher, and this fixed the problem.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.