Ryzen 7000 Testing

mariettosun

AMD OS X Member
@Edhawk

mariettosun

AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ never used AppleIgb kext with my X670E Hero
always used this kext (i attached it to check it)
i use also this two ssdt but i can use the usual ones for CPU and EC with the same behaviour
No freeze at all in any OSX (now i use 14.3 beta 1 and latest 14.2.1)
the only problem is automatic speed which is locked to 100 Mpbs (i have always to set manually @2.5)

"your" freeze are random or they could be reproducible on other systems?

Attachments

• AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext.zip
    157.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Archive.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 3

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@CaseySJ never used AppleIgb kext with my X670E Hero
always used this kext (i attached it to check it)
i use also this two ssdt but i can use the usual ones for CPU and EC with the same behaviour
No freeze at all in any OSX (now i use 14.3 beta 1 and latest 14.2.1)
the only problem is automatic speed which is locked to 100 Mpbs (i have always to set manually @2.5)

"your" freeze are random or they could be reproducible on other systems?
On my X670E Gene, whenever I set the i225-V speed to 2.5Gbps the system will immediately freeze. It will also freeze when the port is set to 1Gbps. But on 100Mbps it works fine.

When I return from holiday, I'll check a few things including whether I have e1000=0 in boot-args.

andyxm715

AMD OS X Member

@Lorys89

sorry for the stupid question, I want to update my BIOS, not becuase of the latest gen CPU, but more for this security update. Now do I get my current DSDT then update to the latest BIOS and then get the updated DSDT and remove the extra information as per your post ?

I did notice that you have a DSDT for the asus b650e-i on the other site, but I don't know if that will work with my asus b650e-f

Last edited:

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member

@Lorys89

sorry for the stupid question, I want to update my BIOS, not becuase of the latest gen CPU, but more for this security update. Now do I get my current DSDT then update to the latest BIOS and then get the updated DSDT and remove the extra information as per your post ?

I did notice that you have a DSDT for the asus b650e-i on the other site, but I don't know if that will work with my asus b650e-f
After you update, send the new dsdt and I'll apply the fix to you.

andyxm715

AMD OS X Member

Attachments

• DSDT Files.zip
    49.5 KB · Views: 3

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    25.2 KB · Views: 2

andyxm715

AMD OS X Member
@Lorys89 Many Thanks.. (y)

Working spot on with BIOS 2214..

nuclearfissure

AMD OS X Member
Hello, I've been spending the past week trying to install Ventura on my pc but I can't even get to the installer (it hangs as below and even if I remove the acpi USB patches it still hangs)1000064017.jpgThen I stumbled on here. Running an X670e-e bios version 1807. Could this above patch be the issue too? Do you have a guide for how I could resolve this?

mariettosun

AMD OS X Member
Hello, I've been spending the past week trying to install Ventura on my pc but I can't even get to the installer (it hangs as below and even if I remove the acpi USB patches it still hangs)View attachment 13248Then I stumbled on here. Running an X670e-e bios version 1807. Could this above patch be the issue too? Do you have a guide for how I could resolve this?

karatefylla

AMD OS X Member

Hi @Lorys89

As with andyxm715 I would also like to update BIOS for security reasons and to try to get a stable hackintosh.

Can you please help me fix patched DSDT?

Motherboard: ROG STRIX X670E-F GAMING WIFI
BIOS: 1904

Attached is DSDT from BIOS 1904 that I got from SSDTTime.

Do I put patched DSDT under ACPI folder?

Thanks!!

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    27.4 KB · Views: 1

nuclearfissure

AMD OS X Member
I don't have a previous bios that works as it is a new set up. Do you think i can just "blindly" follow the changes he made? i.e. removing the CPVS regions and PWVA and correcting the errors? I'll get home and give it a go on a borrowed mac

mariettosun

AMD OS X Member
I don't have a previous bios that works as it is a new set up.
Your motherboard has by default that new bios?
Problem is with latest bios supporting incoming AMD CPu
Follow Lorys thread, it put there also other dsdt
In my case i am using first dsdt he did for also not latest bios for my mb
I have updated to the latest 1809 bios and i leave old patched dsdt and it works the same
I prefer do not talk about acpi modifies because i am not skilled there :)

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member

Hi @Lorys89

As with andyxm715 I would also like to update BIOS for security reasons and to try to get a stable hackintosh.

Can you please help me fix patched DSDT?

Motherboard: ROG STRIX X670E-F GAMING WIFI
BIOS: 1904

Attached is DSDT from BIOS 1904 that I got from SSDTTime.

Do I put patched DSDT under ACPI folder?

Thanks!!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    27.6 KB · Views: 2

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
I don't have a previous bios that works as it is a new set up. Do you think i can just "blindly" follow the changes he made? i.e. removing the CPVS regions and PWVA and correcting the errors? I'll get home and give it a go on a borrowed mac
Send dsdt, Or did you manage to patch the dsdt?

nuclearfissure

AMD OS X Member
Just one more question, how to you implement the patched dsdt.aml? You put it in opencore acpi folder and turn it on?

nuclearfissure

AMD OS X Member

karatefylla

AMD OS X Member
Thanks alot Lorys89!! Booted with BIOS 1904. Still not booting every time though (I've had this problem for some time, will continue to investigate). Seems to reboot when initializing GFX.

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
Thanks alot Lorys89!! Booted with BIOS 1904. Still not booting every time though (I've had this problem for some time, will continue to investigate). Seems to reboot when initializing GFX.
Disable internal igpu

nuclearfissure

AMD OS X Member
I think it works now but after verbose runs, display goes to sleep, no input.

Lots of shared region start address() failed --> is this an mmio issue?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.