Ryzen 7000 Testing

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
for all questions write here.

nuclearfissure

AMD OS X Member
for all questions write here.

I'm not sure if my "patched" DSDT is the issue or otherwise. Please could you have a look for me?

Attachments

• DSDT files.zip
    54.6 KB · Views: 3

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member

nuclearfissure

AMD OS X Member

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member

nuclearfissure

AMD OS X Member
Anyone dual boot with patched dsdt? Will it break the other os?

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
So I have been happily and very stably running Monterey on my X670E Creator for several months now, but I think I am ready to upgrade to Sanoma.

its just been so long since I have applied the kernel patches and I am a bit rusty. can I ask one of the mods here to help me do it?

let me know and I will happily DM you my EFI folder.

with the Vision Pro out now these are exciting times indeed!

mariettosun

AMD OS X Member
take dsdt from here
it is a not an EFI problem but bioses are changed for support of incoming AMD CPU (and this breaks our OSX boots)

Last edited:

unforsaken

AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ
Can you help me patching this DSDT for the ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-I WIFI (ITX) BIOS ver. 2413

Thx!!

Attachments

• dsdt-2413-X670E-I.zip
    87.4 KB · Views: 5

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
What is this supposed to be..? Only for 14.4 beta?

I tried using it for Sonoma 14.3.1 but it crashes macOS on startup.
Did you reset the NVRAM after replacing the kext? It should work fine for any Sonoma installation. Usually using the wrong version causes a crash. Here is the full GitHub release page, you want version 2.3.0 for Sonoma

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
2.3.0 alpha from GitHub works fine in Sonoma.

Which is why I asked what is that 14.4beta file supposed to be since it crashes that same macOS Sonoma.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
What is this supposed to be..? Only for 14.4 beta?

I tried using it for Sonoma 14.3.1 but it crashes macOS on startup.
This version works only with 14.4 and newer because of architectural changes made by Apple. IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext has been removed in 14.4. We’re forced to use IO80211Family.kext or duplicate parts of the old kext.

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
This version works only with 14.4 and newer because of architectural changes made by Apple. IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext has been removed in 14.4. We’re forced to use IO80211Family.kext or duplicate parts of the old kext.
Thanks for clarification.

I was wondering where that build was sourced but found the issue discussion and noticed the file. All clear now.
It does not look good at all, going forward; from zxystd (emphasis mine):
From Sonoma, Apple drops IO80211FamilyLegacy, I build AirportItlwmV2 on the top of IO80211Family, but using some hacks, you can simply interpret it as me implementing a set of IO80211FamilyLegacy myself. This implementation may have side effects such as the iService not working etc. Since IO80211Family uses skywalk API instead of original Ethernet API(Also we can foresee that the Ethernet API will also be dropped in macOS 15), without these hacks we should follow the Apple's API and rewrite the whole driver, that's what I would never do.

ManuelB

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Good evening everyone...I'm a little out of practice...but if I read this correctly the dsdt needs to be repatched...that's beyond my horizon.

Could someone help me get back to the current Sonoma...
many thanks for your help

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    36.3 MB · Views: 4

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Good evening everyone...I'm a little out of practice...but if I read this correctly the dsdt needs to be repatched...that's beyond my horizon.

Could someone help me get back to the current Sonoma...
many thanks for your help
DSDTs have only been needed where the bios was updated to support the latest 8000 series AMD processors, have you made that update? Where did you get your MmioWhitelist values?

Last edited:

ManuelB

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
DSDTs have only been needed where the bios was updated to support the latest 8000 series AMD processors, have you made that update? Where did you get your MmioWhitelist values?
I got the whitelist values from CaseySJ @ExtremeXT ....X670E Master bios 22b is currently in use

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.