Ryzen 7000 Testing

jacoweb

AMD OS X Member
Sorry you have to resort to that! Hope it works out for you though!!!!

i sent email to intel and they told me that asus can provide me that bios. So i contacted asus back with the information from intel and asus replied this back to me:

Hi Thomas !

Okay i see, I have asked our HQ if we can provide such BIOS/Firmware update.

Please for your understanding it might take some days before i get an reply from them.

Wish you a great weekend !

jacoweb

AMD OS X Member
Update 14 Aug
----------------------------------------------------------------

The problems you are experiencing as described in email:

Thunderbolt 1/2 device can't be detected after updated Thunderbolt4 FW to NVM36.

My reply and suggestions:

We will provide a special BIOS version to the you later, but it is currently in DEBUG. We will notify you as soon as there is any news.

Update 09 Aug

My reply and suggestions:

Currently the engineer is still following up this case now and we will also urge the engineer on this case.

I hope that the above reply will solve your problem smoothly. If you need additional help or problem is still not resolved, please reply to this email and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support of ASUS(HK)!

update:

We apologize for the inconvenience it caused.

We wonder if the problem happened after updating to the latest BIOS 1516. Because not every motherboard or each version can downgrade or go back to the previous version.

So we need to transfer this case to the related department for reference and it will need around 1-3 working days to get updated information.

Thanks for your understanding and have a great day.

Thank you for your support of ASUS(HK)!

Last edited:

amdeez

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
We can run Intel WiFi and Broadcom Bluetooth at the same time:
  • WiFi from AX200/AX210 using AirportItlwm
  • Bluetooth from Fenvi FV-T919 using native driver
However, this combination will not enable the missing Continuity features of macOS.

Bringing this back from the dead as I finally had time to read more of the thread but just to be clear when you say Continuity features won't work does that mean everything?
My personal usage/breakdown of Continuity features:
  1. 99.9% almost certainly a dealbreaker: Messages -- SMS integration (2FA/texting is a feature I really really would hate to give up)
  2. Extremely painful but could figure out a way to deal: Airplay to the Hackintosh. When I wake up my daily routine is using Airplay to my bedroom, bathroom, and living room. Listening to podcasts multi-room is a joy and part of my morning ritual
  3. Sad but not necessary: Airdrop

jacoweb

AMD OS X Member
Your best option is a GC-Titan Ridge from Gigabyte. This card is also easy to flash if necessary. GC-Titan Ridge cards are getting difficult to find so if you have Thunderbolt 1 and Thunderbolt 2 devices that cannot be replaced with Thunderbolt 3/4 versions, then a GC-Titan Ridge may be the salvation.

Even though your ProArt has on-board Thunderbolt, we can still install GC-Titan Ridge. If you choose to go this route, I can help you with a custom Thunderbolt SSDT that assigns the two Thunderbolt controllers to two different Bus IDs.

hi.

is it this card i need to buy?

asus cant give me special bios..

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

jacoweb

AMD OS X Member

jacoweb

AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ
Will a Asus Thunderbolt EX 3 card work to? Because i can get one very cheap.

rexxver

AMD OS X Member
Yes that is the right card. They are getting harder to find now.
Hello CaseySJ. I'm currently using Titan Ridge V2 that was flashed with NVM33. Can I use it with the onboard Thunderbolt 4? How do I achieve Thunderbolt hot plug in AMD system?

Attachments

• REXXVER의 Mac Pro.ioreg.zip
    1 MB · Views: 3

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@CaseySJ
Will a Asus Thunderbolt EX 3 card work to? Because i can get one very cheap.
Unfortunately that card won’t work. We tried unsuccessfully to flash its firmware. The only card worth getting is the GC-Titan Ridge from Gigabyte.

jacoweb

AMD OS X Member
Unfortunately that card won’t work. We tried unsuccessfully to flash its firmware. The only card worth getting is the GC-Titan Ridge from Gigabyte.
Damn! ok thats why its not working! :) Ok then i need to buy a Titan Ridge card.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Hello CaseySJ. I'm currently using Titan Ridge V2 that was flashed with NVM33. Can I use it with the onboard Thunderbolt 4? How do I achieve Thunderbolt hot plug in AMD system?
Hello @rexxver,

Have you bridged the top and middle pins of the vertical 5-pin J1 header? That will power up the card.

We also need a Thunderbolt SSDT, which we can grab from https://hackindrom.zapto.org

rexxver

AMD OS X Member
Hello @rexxver,

Have you bridged the top and middle pins of the vertical 5-pin J1 header? That will power up the card.

We also need a Thunderbolt SSDT, which we can grab from https://hackindrom.zapto.org
J1 header connected the middle and top. I tried to use the Hackindrom site, but the path to Titanridge is strange. GPP2 - Pci bridge - It comes out as Pci bridge

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
J1 header connected the middle and top. I tried to use the Hackindrom site, but the path to Titanridge is strange. GPP2 - Pci bridge - It comes out as Pci bridge
Please run IORegistryExplorer and post the IOReg file (File -> Save As...). I can modify the Thunderbolt SSDT based on that.

rexxver

AMD OS X Member
Please run IORegistryExplorer and post the IOReg file (File -> Save As...). I can modify the Thunderbolt SSDT based on that.
Thank you.

Attachments

• rexxver.ioreg.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Thank you.
Please try the attached SSDT. We also need to include SSDT-DTPG.aml (also attached).

After adding both SSDTs, reboot the system and post IOReg file once again so I can verify the outcome.

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 7
  • SSDT-DTPG.aml.zip
    643 bytes · Views: 6

rexxver

AMD OS X Member
Please try the attached SSDT. We also need to include SSDT-DTPG.aml (also attached).

After adding both SSDTs, reboot the system and post IOReg file once again so I can verify the outcome.
Here you are. SSDT has been applied.

Attachments

• rexxver2.ioreg.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

tascoEleven

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys,
Any advice to fix Realtek RTL8125 ethernet in 600 series MB? Have tried LucyRTL8125Ethernet (v1.1.0) but it doesn't work. still no connection in recovery.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.