Ryzen 7000 Testing

rhys

AMD OS X Member
@PoMpIs

Did you have any trouble installing Monterey from scratch on your AM5 system (which I believe is on its way back to where it came from :))?

I’ll provide more details of my misadventures with Monterey later this evening! Will also attempt Ventura soon.
From what I recall he could install both from scratch as long as there wasn't any MVME (or perhaps anything) in his m.2 slots, and he included his latest EFI. Not sure his bios settings though..

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
@PoMpIs

Did you have any trouble installing Monterey from scratch on your AM5 system (which I believe is on its way back to where it came from :))?

I’ll provide more details of my misadventures with Monterey later this evening! Will also attempt Ventura soon.

No problem, since thanks to you we solved the problem of the gray screen, I installed any system in about 10-15 minutes... it was very fast

But I couldn't have any NVMe connected

jsl2020

AMD OS X Member

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 16.35.11.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 16.35.11.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 19

jsl2020

AMD OS X Member
You may try like this:
Better got correct values from working Monterey or other MacOS, then adapt it to Ventura.
That fix my audio issue in both FX-6300 and Ryzen 1700X hackintoshs from 10.13.6 to 13.0

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X670E PG Lightning/index.asp#Specification this mainboard has standard pciex builtin audio, can anybody try? No extra money to spend sigh...

I doubt very much that it will solve the problem... even the HDMI/DP audio does not work 100%

And even if it was solved... not being able to use any PCIe except the GPU is not good... especially for what AM5 motherboards cost... it's better to buy AM4 or Alder Lake which is cheaper and doesn't cause problems... .🤷‍♂️

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ
May I ask if you did a try with complete set of old AMD Kernel Patches and without using ProvideCurrentCPUInfo quirk?
If not, could you give a chance to this?

Edit:
In Big Sur I mean (because some old patches are not working anymore in Ventura OS (patches 18 and 27)

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@mariettosun

I can do that today. Done...

UPDATE:
  • Applying old kernel patches (screenshot below) and disabling ProvideCustomCpuInfo leads to [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] boot failure
  • Please check if I'm using the right patches (Big Sur + Ryzen 7 7700X 8-core 16-thread CPU)
Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 5.02.29 AM.png

Last edited:

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Don't think the old patches support 19h CPUs...

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
** Some Quick Updates on Monterey (Latest Release) **​

• The Asus Crosshair X670E Gene has on-board Thunderbolt. In Monterey, it's necessary to disable this in BIOS to avoid a boot loop. This was expected because of known PCIe issues between X670(E) and Monterey/Ventura.
  • Intel i225-V does not work.
  • On-board WiFi module (M.2) does not work.
  • Audio exhibits the same stuttering problem as in Big Sur. SpeedKeeper makes the same improvement as it does in Big Sur.

Last edited:

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Thank you @CaseySJ those patches worked with bigsur for am4 ,x399 and sTRX40 chipset
Problem could be with new opencore memory manager
I think tsc desynch could be related with a not proper support of ProvideCPUCurrentInfo quirk
I would suggest to try another bootloader (clover) in a version without that quirk and to play in data hub section (this only to try to solve audio problem)
By the way, it is only an opinion and a hope to see this chipset working better 😉

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Thank you @CaseySJ those patches worked with bigsur for am4 ,x399 and sTRX40 chipset
Problem could be with new opencore memory manager
I think tsc desynch could be related with a not proper support of ProvideCPUCurrentInfo quirk
I would suggest to try another bootloader (clover) in a version without that quirk and to play in data hub section (this only to try to solve audio problem)
By the way, it is only an opinion and a hope to see this chipset working better 😉
I doubt Clobber will even boot Zen 4 :ROFLMAO:, it's basically a clone of OC now.
I think only OC devs can help in improving Zen 4 support...

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
patches are the same
Data hub problems which are present in
clover bootloader could adjust problems 7xxxxX have 😂
To stay more serious I think problem is not about patches
More easy it is a bootloader problem (for audio problems)
Pcie problems is a more specifica OS X driver support problem

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
patches are the same
Data hub problems which are present in
clover bootloader could adjust problems 7xxxxX have 😂
To stay more serious I think problem is not about patches
More easy it is a bootloader problem (for audio problems)
Pcie problems is a more specifica OS X driver support problem
Just managed to boot Big Sur with OpenCore 0.6.8. But you won't like my answer:
  • Audio stuttering is the same as with OpenCore 0.8.5
  • SpeedKeeper again makes a big improvement, just as with OC 0.8.5

Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 12.03.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-14 at 12.03.56 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.