Is HP OMEN - 16.1" Gaming Laptop hackintoshable?

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Could macos be installed in this Laptop? I didn't see any preinstalled EFI configuration file for this computer?
Have any idea?
Thank you
I think it can be done given that the RX6600M is working now with the Lenovo Legion 5 who also has this CPU/GPU (5800H & 6600M). This would be the EFI you could use > https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php...monterey-kernel-panic.2725/page-20#post-19937

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You need to have a look at this post.

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Could macos be installed in this Laptop? I didn't see any preinstalled EFI configuration file for this computer?
Have any idea?
Thank you
Natively, no, because the GPU doesn't have a Mux switch. Maybe via Proxmox you may be able to access the GPU, but that is a risk.

Maybe you can get it working without graphics acceleration

Edit: I could not find if the 2022 model of the Omen 16.1 which includes the updated RX6650. have a MUX. in 2022 many manufactures started including MUX'es. see if you can dig any info on this. if not, I'll stick to the Asus G14, unfortunately the screen is small

Last edited:

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I think it can be done given that the RX6600M is working now with the Lenovo Legion 5 who also has this CPU/GPU (5800H & 6600M). This would be the EFI you could use > https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php...monterey-kernel-panic.2725/page-20#post-19937
Not the same. The Omen doesnt have a MUX unlike the Legion 5 and the Asus G14. These 2 models are the current and only 6600 laptops that allow to disable the IGPU at a bios level.

Having said that, maybe that can be solved with Proxmox, but is just a guess

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You could try using the WhateverGreen.kext boot argument to disable the IGPU.
  • -wegnoigpu to disable internal GPU or
  • add disable-gpu property under IGPU Device Path entry
The disable-gpu entry might looks something like this:
  • PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) > disable-gpu > data > 01000000

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
You could try using the WhateverGreen.kext boot argument to disable the IGPU.
  • -wegnoigpu to disable internal GPU or
  • add disable-gpu property under IGPU Device Path entry
The disable-gpu entry might looks something like this:
  • PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) > disable-gpu > data > 01000000
Wouldn’t that disable the 6600m, when there is no Mux, the only way the gpu connects to the Motherboard is via the igpu. Hence why the Legion 5 and the Asus G14 are unique. Now I am curious?:unsure:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You are probably correct but the only way to know for sure is to try using the boot argument and see what happens.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.