Before updating to Monterey 12.3 Beta (21E5196i)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Apple have once again changed something that affects booting macOS on non Apple Hardware. However there is a simple fix. AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext is required again to boot as something changed with the SMC. So for the time being include this kext in your EFI/Config to boot if you plan on installing the beta. Credit to Pavo for finding this information.

Thanks,
Shaneee

Attachments

• AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 520

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
Apple have once again changed something that affects booting macOS on non Apple Hardware. However there is a simple fix. AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext is required again to boot as something changed with the SMC. So for the time being include this kext in your EFI/Config to boot if you plan on installing the beta. Credit to Pavo for finding this information.

Thanks,
Shaneee
Welp saw this after my machine wouldn't boot. Not sure how to fix it at this point with out a reinstall from timemachine... any suggestions?

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
@Shaneee is there something special with this disabler that has to be done when adding to kext folder and config.plist?

I added the dictionary item and kext like normal and cleared nvram but not instead of a stick progress bar with apple logo, i just get an apple logo and hangs... i dont have logging turned on so I don't have a ton of info yet

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@marinekev88 Nothing special no. See below,

Screenshot-2022-01-28-at-00.00.53.png

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
@Simonoonn which graphics card are you using?

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
Has anyone tried the Monterey 12.3 Beta 2 update yet? I really don't want to guinea pig it and lose all my git keys again from a Time Machine restore.... Its kind of a pain to recycle them

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@marinekev88 Yeah works without any changes from first 12.3 beta.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
@Simonoonn
  1. Are you are using the agdpmod=pikera boot argument with your RX 5500 XT graphics card?
  2. Which Connector are you using, one of the three DisplayPort or the single HDMI?
  3. Are you using an Adapter or adapter cable to connect your display?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@Edhawk It's a bug that's present in 12.3 beta. I also had this on the login screen but only when it was the default wallpaper. GPU Performance in general has taken a hit on this version.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Ah, OK that explains it.

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
@marinekev88 Yeah works without any changes from first 12.3 beta.

Side note, do you have a screen shot of your config.plist kext injection section? I am wanting to setup bluetooth functionality and using IntelBluetoothFirmware.key and BlueToolFixup.kext

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@marinekev88 I don't need anything for BT on my system but I have an Intel NUC which does. This is how the config looks for that system on Monterey,

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
@Shaneee Im running @AudioGod ASUS ROG STRIX EFI with the Dark Hero usb mapping (I may have to map it specific to my HERO VIII Wifi board to get BT working) It has never worked for me. But the Dark Hero is almost identical to my board so meh

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
I did the USBmap for my board and it seems only the 3.1 headers are picked up by CorpNewt USBMAP tool, all 3.0 ports are hidden and dead (they actually haven't been enabled at I think, I know @AudioGod said something about not using them but I'm not worried about that). All that to say I mapped the Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi ( different that non Wifi board, sorry ). So that did not change behavior as I think I should be mimicking your setup where I do not need to use any thing additional like the IntelBluetoothFireware.kext and BlueToolFixup.kext. My bluetooth shows up in the system info however when I select enable, it just spins... never enables so I don't know if it actually works or not.

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
@Shaneee 12.3 beta successfully updated, I also pulled out those two Kext's for bluetooth and I still show the controller in sys info (screenshot attached) but for some reason I cannot enable/turn on bluetooth, it just spins like its trying to turn on. I can make a new thread if needed but figured I would ask here.

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 9.20.21 PM.png

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah working here also. BT won't enable because BlueToolFixUp isn't there to fix it.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.