AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
For some reason I'm instantly waking on sleep with 0.9.2 anybody else has this issue?

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
nah Ryzen
You should add your new system to your builds, proper sleep/ wake can be affected by some hardware, software and incorrect USB Port mapping. You'll have to dig in to find out the reason, its not from your OpenCore Configuration (unless you don't have a personal USB Port Map).

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
You should add your new system to your builds, proper sleep/ wake can be affected by some hardware, software and incorrect USB Port mapping. You'll have to dig in to find out the reason, its not from your OpenCore Configuration (unless you don't have a personal USB Port Map).
Found the culprit, left my water cooler usb plugged in.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Have
Found the culprit, left my water cooler usb plugged in.
Have you considered trying to map that internal header so you can leave it plugged in?

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Base 074 updated to 091 with Kernel patch. Still requires CPU core count to be set for your CPU. This is set for 8 core 5700x
Update to Ventura 13.4 went without any problem

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Perfect, installed without any problems. Thanks, good work (y)
Base 074 updated to 093 with Kernel patch. Still requires CPU core count to be set for your CPU. This is set for 8 core 5700x

Attachments

• Gigabyte X570 Mac Pro 7,1 0.9.3 EFI.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Have

Have you considered trying to map that internal header so you can leave it plugged in?
I have moved on to a 7700x B650 setup. I'm not familiar with mapping internal headers. My new Ryzen build has no issues sleeping with cooler plugged in but my intel no such luck.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I have moved on to a 7700x B650 setup. I'm not familiar with mapping internal headers. My new Ryzen build has no issues sleeping with cooler plugged in but my intel no such luck.
So one can assume you have the same cooler for both systems? Regardless, I guess, if there is a USB port on the cooling head that plugs into an internal header that port needs to be mapped. There is better Intel System support at TonyMacx86.com if you decide to pursue that.

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
So one can assume you have the same cooler for both systems? Regardless, I guess, if there is a USB port on the cooling head that plugs into an internal header that port needs to be mapped. There is better Intel System support at TonyMacx86.com if you decide to pursue that.
The Ryzen is Corsair the Intel Gigabyte Waterforce. My Intel is a Z790 Master and very little support is out there for it. ElitemacX86 is a miracle worker though and he really helped me out allot. https://elitemacx86.com/pages/home/

Last edited:

polymax

AMD OS X Member
Hi all,
I haven't upgraded in a couple years because everything was running smooth. But its been too long so I decided to go ahead and do so. I used svan71's latest EFI and added serials, double checked a few things, etc. (thanks svan71) The upgrade from Big Sur to Ventura went smooth, no problems...
After the upgrade though my ethernet/internet speeds are almost 0. I'm usually at 980+ on speed test, now I'm on 3 with things taking forever to load. I'm searching all over the forums, etc but so far I'm not finding any answers. If anyone has a helpful idea I would appreciate it. Thanks

Aorus Pro WiFi x570
5800x
5700XT
Using onboard LAN
32g Ram

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
@polymax,

Congrats on your system upgrade! For the LAN may I ask, what settings are you using now and what did you use before? Afaik Intel Gigabit/2.5Gbe LAN is now natively supported from Big Sur onwards, so you need to remove any old kexts and/or device properties from your config. Have you tried any of the Opencore e1000=0 boot-args or looked at the F215/F315 device-id & kernel patch insertions?

polymax

AMD OS X Member
Thanks @Middleman,
I'll look at the boot args and F215/F315 device-id & kernel patch insertions. On the kexts, My board has an Intel I211 NIC. Are you saying I no longer need to use ethernet Kexts such as SmallTree with OpenCore at all? Or do I need to get a different NIC/adapter that will run natively? Thanks for your help. I'll make my way through your suggestions.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Thanks @Middleman,
I'll look at the boot args and F215/F315 device-id & kernel patch insertions. On the kexts, My board has an Intel I211 NIC. Are you saying I no longer need to use ethernet Kexts such as SmallTree with OpenCore at all? Or do I need to get a different NIC/adapter that will run natively? Thanks for your help. I'll make my way through your suggestions.
Right, well with the Intel 2.5Gbe (which can be found on a lot of other 10th gen+ motherboards like Gigabyte or Asus), these used to require the SmallTree kext and/or kernel patches - only not needed after Big Sur. For the Intel I211 that still requires the SmallTree kext and/or patch fix on some versions. However you could perhaps try using the AppleIGB.kext found here > https://github.com/donatengit/AppleIGB. This should work for Monterey and above on AMD systems.

If you want a faster NIC that is also an option. Chipsets based on the Aquantia AQC 107 & AQC 113 are the ones recommended. These can use the ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk in OC.

deep

AMD OS X Member
Hello folks,

I'm on a 5800x, 6900xt and Aorus x570 elite.

I set up my EFI using dortania's guide, and later modified according to @Ezaul's guide, I must have not merged changes properly.

It boots Big Sur in recovery, goes through the install and post reboot I get the option to choose macInstaller which always brings me back to the recovery menu again. Would this be because I am trying to install mac on a separate partition on my main disk that has windows?

I would appreciate any pointers to fix this! Attaching my EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 4

highend

AMD OS X Member
13.5 OK.. OC 0.9.3

Attachments

• 스크린샷 2023-07-26 오후 7.18.44.png
    스크린샷 2023-07-26 오후 7.18.44.png
    343.1 KB · Views: 22

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Bios F37e it's ok

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Base 074 updated to 0.9.5 with Kernel patch. Still requires CPU core count to be set for your CPU. This is set for 8 core 5700x

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
i don't know if it is the Monterey update, the OC 095 or the new Bios F37f but the TB 3 seems to be buggy with my Universal UAD audio octocore.
Is it possible to be on Monterey 12.6.9 with an older OC version ?
And i bought an new larger Nvme drive for my w10, i cloned the first one en put it in the same place everything is ok, but i noticed that i cannot have the Windows updates

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-09-19 à 18.18.10.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-19 à 18.18.10.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 13
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-09-19 à 19.13.24.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-19 à 19.13.24.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 8
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-09-19 à 19.13.57.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-19 à 19.13.57.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.