Asus X670E Gene EFI -- Adaptable to Other X670, X670E, B650 and B650E Boards

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I've used Carbon Copy Cloner in the past — but I remember they had some issues with creating bootable copies after the release of Big Sur / APFS & I have not used it since.

I still have a licence for it — is Carbon Copy Cloner a reliable bootable cloner again or just a backup tool? :)

I have 2 x 2TB in my Hackintosh — the second one is Windows but I am willing to just wipe it and use it as a bootable clone before doing any major upgrades.

We can still make bootable backups with CCC. Please refer to this guide:

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 6.19.27 AM.png

Amdar

AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ

Hi again and thanks for your support. I attached the last info gathered with the last EFI setting up. I tried disconnected the iommu, resizeBAR activated and Deactivated etc...

Regards

Attachments

• opencore-2023-12-07-213642.txt
    256 KB · Views: 1
  • opencore-2023-12-07-215349.txt
  • opencore-2023-12-07-220409.txt
  • opencore-2023-12-07-221326.txt
  • 20231207_213820.jpg
    20231207_213820.jpg
    1,014.7 KB · Views: 15
  • EFI.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 2

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@CaseySJ

Hi again and thanks for your support. I attached the last info gathered with the last EFI setting up. I tried disconnected the iommu, resizeBAR activated and Deactivated etc...

Regards

Please refer to the highlighted item taken from Post 1 of this thread. The link to "MMIO Whitelist guide"is stale so ignore that part. Instead, just follow the highlighted steps and post a copy of the resulting OpenCore log file. We can help you with MMIO Whitelist by examining that file.

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 11.05.50 AM.png

PrichA

AMD OS X Member
Hello @PrichA,

Please try the attached config.plist.

Some questions:
  • Which WiFi/BT module are you using?
    • Broadcom BCM94360NG?
    • Fenvi FV-T919 or similar?
    • Intel WiFi/BT?
  • When you say "PCIe" does not work, what does that mean?
  • Regarding Thunderbolt/USB4, are you referring to Thunderbolt hot plug? Or Thunderbolt devices simply do not connect and work even when connected and powered on before boot?
Finally, please download and run IORegistryExplorer (from here) and post the IOReg file (File -> Save As...).
Hi @CaseySJ

Here are my Wifi/BT specs:

Wi-Fi 6E
2x2 Wi-Fi 6E (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax)
Supports 2.4/5/6GHz frequency band*
Bluetooth v5.3**

It's an Intel module.

PCIe: My PCIe cards are not detected. I have an audio card Lynx AES16e which is detected in Windows.

UBC devices are detected using the Thunderbolt hot plug but in the system report when clicking Thunderbolt, it indicates no hardware connected. Thinking about it now, I'm guessing that's because there is not thunderbolt hardware connected.

Thank you. I'll try the config plist and send you the IO Registry.
PrichA

PrichA

AMD OS X Member
Hello @PrichA,

Please try the attached config.plist.

Some questions:
  • Which WiFi/BT module are you using?
    • Broadcom BCM94360NG?
    • Fenvi FV-T919 or similar?
    • Intel WiFi/BT?
  • When you say "PCIe" does not work, what does that mean?
  • Regarding Thunderbolt/USB4, are you referring to Thunderbolt hot plug? Or Thunderbolt devices simply do not connect and work even when connected and powered on before boot?
Finally, please download and run IORegistryExplorer (from here) and post the IOReg file (File -> Save As...).
Hi,

I get a message that i can't open the IORegistry app.

I tried the config plist. Still no wifi, no bluetooth, no PCIe devices.

Thank you

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Hi @CaseySJ

Here are my Wifi/BT specs:

Wi-Fi 6E
2x2 Wi-Fi 6E (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax)
Supports 2.4/5/6GHz frequency band*
Bluetooth v5.3**

It's an Intel module.
Because Intel WiFi/BT is not natively supported in macOS, we need to install OpenIntelWireless drivers. This is easy enough to do, but let's address other issues before coming back to this.

PCIe: My PCIe cards are not detected. I have an audio card Lynx AES16e which is detected in Windows.
Need to look at IORegistryExplorer output. Please see next message for how to get this running.

UBC devices are detected using the Thunderbolt hot plug but in the system report when clicking Thunderbolt, it indicates no hardware connected. Thinking about it now, I'm guessing that's because there is not thunderbolt hardware connected.
We can ignore System Information -> Thunderbolt/USB4. That is only valid when Thunderbolt Bus is enabled, which requires flashing the firmware of Titan Ridge controllers. In most cases Thunderbolt hot plug does not work well on Ryzen Hackintoshes. There are some exceptions such as Gigabyte's B550 Vision D with on-board Titan Ridge controller, which can be flashed to enable Thunderbolt Bus.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Hi,

I get a message that i can't open the IORegistry app.

I tried the config plist. Still no wifi, no bluetooth, no PCIe devices.

Thank you
Whenever we download software from the Internet, macOS tries to protect us from malware by disallowing the software from running. But we can give macOS permission to run the software as follows:
  • Run IORegistryExplorer
  • When you see the macOS warning, open System Settings -> Privacy & Security
    • Then scroll all the way down until you see a something like the screenshot below
      • This screenshot is from Sonoma, but you'll find a similar one in Big Sur (System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> General)
    • In your case, IORegistryExplorer should be mentioned
Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 5.44.33 AM.png
  • There will be an option to Allow IORegistryExplorer, so select that and try launching it again
  • Then post the IOReg file (File -> Save As...)

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Alternatively
  1. Right-Click on the IORegistryExplorer icon in the Applications folder,
  2. Select Open from the drop-down menu.
  3. Select Open on the window that subsequently appears.
  4. Confirm the Open command.
This should open IORegistryExplorer and you won't be asked for permission to open the app again in the future.

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
which means Carbon Copy Cloner
i use OCLP and an old CCC version (latest 5.XX version) and backu are working (and bootable)

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
i use OCLP and an old CCC version (latest 5.XX version) and backu are working (and bootable)
Interesting. Does the 5.x version of CCC make bootable backups of cryptographically sealed APFS volumes (Big Sur and newer), including Sonoma? The resulting backup disk is bootable?

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Does the 5.x version of CCC make bootable backups of cryptographically sealed APFS volumes (Big Sur and newer), including Sonoma?
in bold i dont know its meaning (sorry)
i use 5.xx to backup my OSX boot disk from monterey (so also in Ventura and Sonoma)

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
@mariettosun have you fully tested the CCC backups you have created? By that I mean the following:
  1. Removed/disconnected the original macOS drive and any other drives from the system, leaving just the drive with the CCC backup installed.
  2. Booted from the CCC bootable backup.
Were you successful in booting to macOS Monterey, Ventura or Sonoma?

As the CCC backups may not work, if the original macOS drive isn't present to unseal the APFS container/volumes you have copied.

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@Edhawk
1) never removed original drive (only formatted and used for others system like Linux or windows
2) yes for all OSX newer system

3) not requested :)
i have the problem you say using latext 6.xx
1702225612048.png
this above works

Amdar

AMD OS X Member
Please refer to the highlighted item taken from Post 1 of this thread. The link to "MMIO Whitelist guide"is stale so ignore that part. Instead, just follow the highlighted steps and post a copy of the resulting OpenCore log file. We can help you with MMIO Whitelist by examining that file.

View attachment 12749
@CaseySJ

I tried several times and we got only this file attached. There is not any entry about MMIO. I tried connecting it into the BIOS and disable with the same result. I don't know if I making something wrong. I already had OpenCore.efi Debugger version.

Regards

Attachments

• opencore-2023-12-10-224758.txt
    256 KB · Views: 2
  • opencore-2023-12-11-102312.txt

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ

I tried several times and we got only this file attached. There is not any entry about MMIO. I tried connecting it into the BIOS and disable with the same result. I don't know if I making something wrong. I already had OpenCore.efi Debugger version.

Regards
hi
you have to set properly here :
1702287775729.png
enable dthat quirk and then set target to 67

Amdar

AMD OS X Member
hi
View attachment 12771
Hi

It was already set up to 67. Take a look at the screenshot. Perhaps it's wrong the file and not gather the information. I was checking it previously.

Regards

Attachments

• Screenshot-2023-12-11 121610.png
    Screenshot-2023-12-11 121610.png
    80 KB · Views: 7

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@Amdar from your log you must enable booter/ quirk devirtualizemmio
Now it set to 0 (disabled)

Amdar

AMD OS X Member
hi
View attachment 12771

I tried again with another EFI thinking it could be the reason with the same result. It not registed nothing of MMIO. I connected MMI in the BIOS because it was set up as auto in order to check if it could be. It's pretty wird i think so.

Attachments

• opencore-2023-12-11-135144.txt
    256 KB · Views: 2
  • EFI.7z
    35.6 MB · Views: 1

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
I tried again with another EFI thinking it could be the reason with the same result. It not registed nothing of MMIO. I connected MMI in the BIOS because it was set up as auto in order to check if it could be. It's pretty wird i think so.
if you like try this EFi, in boot menu press space then reset NVRAM
then try again

Attachments

• Amdar-EFI.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 2

Amdar

AMD OS X Member
if you like try this EFi, in boot menu press space then reset NVRAM
then try again

I tried and nothing change. I downloaded again the debug version and replace the OpenCore.efi unsuccessfully. It not registered nothing about IMMO. I triying to find a solution but it pretty wird.

Regard

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.