Asus X670E Gene EFI -- Adaptable to Other X670, X670E, B650 and B650E Boards

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
In gigabyte b550 vision d without the flash of the fw works well hotplug, l has my friend @Vorshim92
Good point.

My Gigabyte B550 Vision D has on-board Titan Ridge that I've flashed with NVM50. Thunderbolt hot plug work well here.

futureorkun

AMD OS X Member
@coralding

Please try the attached full EFI folder as-is. It has been updated to latest AMD OSX kernel patches and latest version of OpenCore. Several other changes made to config.plist.
Hello CaeySJ I am trying to install Asus X670E-E Gaming wifi Ventura 13.6 on my motherboard. When I received the Applekeystoretest error with EFI given in the attached message in the latest version BIOS 1709, I had to revert to the previous BIOS 1602. Also Ethernet I-225 V and Intel AX201 bluetooth do not work. Attached is my system information. Can you help with EFI?

Attachments

• 7950X.zip
    611.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hello CaeySJ I am trying to install Asus X670E-E Gaming wifi Ventura 13.6 on my motherboard. When I received the Applekeystoretest error with EFI given in the attached message in the latest version BIOS 1709, I had to revert to the previous BIOS 1602. Also Ethernet I-225 V and Intel AX201 bluetooth do not work. Attached is my system information. Can you help with EFI?
Bios 1709 requires a special patch that is still in development, best to stay with 1602 for now. See attached and see if it helps with your ethernet and wifi. BTW Your upload as an .htm file is not providing much help, not sure what you were trying to do there. If you are still having issues zip and upload your EFI folder. USB Port mapping will need work at minimum.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.1 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Bios 1709 requires a special patch that is still in development, best to stay with 1602 for now.
I am using from day 0 a patched dsdt done @Lorys89
OSX works as before (obviusly also windows an linux work the same)

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

futureorkun

AMD OS X Member
Bios 1709 requires a special patch that is still in development, best to stay with 1602 for now. See attached and see if it helps with your ethernet and wifi. BTW Your upload as an .htm file is not providing much help, not sure what you were trying to do there. If you are still having issues zip and upload your EFI folder. USB Port mapping will need work at minimum.
Thank you for your quick response. I am using rx 580 8gb as an external graphics card. The points are not enough. Windows gets half the score. Is it useful to create kext with AGPM.app? How can I hide the EFI icon on the splash screen? Additionally, the Nvramreset and ToggleSIP icons do not appear on the Opencore splash screen even though they are selected. Since 4070 is installed, I disabled it on macos. Also, were you able to look at the system report? I don't see any kext regarding Bluetooth. The kext in the EFI folder for Ethernet does not work stably. There is no internet even though the connection is green for a while after startup.

Attachments

• I use EFI.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 13

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thank you for your quick response. I am using rx 580 8gb as an external graphics card. The points are not enough. Windows gets half the score. Is it useful to create kext with AGPM.app? How can I hide the EFI icon on the splash screen? Additionally, the Nvramreset and ToggleSIP icons do not appear on the Opencore splash screen even though they are selected. Since 4070 is installed, I disabled it on macos. Also, were you able to look at the system report? I don't see any kext regarding Bluetooth. The kext in the EFI folder for Ethernet does not work stably. There is no internet even though the connection is green for a while after startup.
At the boot screen if you hit the space bar can you then see the icons for Nvram and ToggleSIP? I'm not familiar with the AGPM.app so I can't answer that question, maybe someone else. To keep the EFI folder from showing up do a quick internet search, there are some hidden files that need to be in the boot folder of the EFI. There are no kexts in the EFI folder to enable bluetooth but they can be added, search for OpenIntelWireless and read up, you will also need to have your USB ports mapped to enable it, wireless will work without that.
Please try the attached and see if internet is stable, I have not had any good luck using AppleIGC.kext with AMD

Attachments

• EFI-4.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:

futureorkun

AMD OS X Member
Hello, the bluetooth icon is active but not making calls. I think it's a kext problem. Apart from this, I request help regarding AGPM.

futureorkun

AMD OS X Member
Hello, how can I make ACPI files compatible for bios 1709? Can you help me? Thanks...

handycup

AMD OS X Member
Hey I just came here to thank you for sharing the EFI, it was the only one that worked to install mac os ventura on my rig (7950x, x670e rog gene, 64GB g.skill 6000 cl30 ram). It worked just fine for the install part, only the audio doesn't seems to work, still I don't understand why your EFI is OK while the @CaseySJ doesn't boot up.
To make things works I had to rollback from 1709 to 1602 BIOS (with flashback method and keeping in mind that a GPT USB partition won't work!)
I am curious what could be the best BIOS / Settings for that MB, with 1702 I could only set the RAM to EXPOat 6000, without touching others settings, and the boot time is just too much to stick with this settings, if I choose EXPO 2 the PC won't post with the 00 error code on MB. I haven't made any test yet on the 1602 version tho

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hey I just came here to thank you for sharing the EFI, it was the only one that worked to install mac os ventura on my rig (7950x, x670e rog gene, 64GB g.skill 6000 cl30 ram). It worked just fine for the install part, only the audio doesn't seems to work, still I don't understand why your EFI is OK while the @CaseySJ doesn't boot up.
To make things works I had to rollback from 1709 to 1602 BIOS (with flashback method and keeping in mind that a GPT USB partition won't work!)
I am curious what could be the best BIOS / Settings for that MB, with 1702 I could only set the RAM to EXPOat 6000, without touching others settings, and the boot time is just too much to stick with this settings, if I choose EXPO 2 the PC won't post with the 00 error code on MB. I haven't made any test yet on the 1602 version tho
I had the same issue, I cold not get Casey's to work so went to work and created my version. You probably mean Bios version 1709 as you first mentioned and that is, ,as I understand it, to support upcoming new CPUs which you do not have. I would stick with 1602, no benefits I can see in going to 1709 at this time.

handycup

AMD OS X Member
I had the same issue, I cold not get Casey's to work so went to work and created my version. You probably mean Bios version 1709 as you first mentioned and that is, ,as I understand it, to support upcoming new CPUs which you do not have. I would stick with 1602, no benefits I can see in going to 1709 at this time.
Yes sorry I mean 1709, are you using the same EFI for post install too? I was starting to make my custom EFI by modding yours, starting by renaming the CPU cause it shows as Xeon, but changing the values it shows the speed but not the CPU name, perhaps you can help me on what I need to add for post install (like audio, ACPI), as we have same PC specs, just the GPU is different, mine is a 6600XT

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
Hello, how can I make ACPI files compatible for bios 1709? Can you help me? Thanks...

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yes sorry I mean 1709, are you using the same EFI for post install too? I was starting to make my custom EFI by modding yours, starting by renaming the CPU cause it shows as Xeon, but changing the values it shows the speed but not the CPU name, perhaps you can help me on what I need to add for post install (like audio, ACPI), as we have same PC specs, just the GPU is different, mine is a 6600XT
I sold that board so I don’t have the ability to test anything I suggest. Audio should just be a matter of using the correct Alcid=x in boot arguments. I forget which codec you need but it’s listed in the motherboard specs or you can get it from Windows. It will also usually show in hackintool

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
This motherboard x670e rog gene should have internal USB audio if i am no completely wrong :)
So problem could be only a wrong USB mapping (if no audio is present)

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
This motherboard x670e rog gene should have internal USB audio if i am no completely wrong :)
So problem could be only a wrong USB mapping (if no audio is present)
That's what I recall, if he is using the EFI I posted above then that would explain it. I don't think I ever posted the EFI I created that had USB mapping, I'll look and see if I can find it.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
This is what I was using with that board I believe. It should have the USB ports properly mapped for how I was using the board and sound worked. I had a Fenvi M2 card so no intel kexts included.

Attachments

• EFIAsusAM5.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 11

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
bootarg in this EFi are correct for a motherboard using USB audio, in a post above you said aboud Alcid=x parameter and this is not useful because usb audio does not need of AppleALC or AppleALCU kext

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member

handycup

AMD OS X Member
This is what I was using with that board I believe. It should have the USB ports properly mapped for how I was using the board and sound worked. I had a Fenvi M2 card so no intel kexts included.
Thank you! Do you remember if you had thunderbolt / USB 4 enabled before the USB mapping?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.