Asus X670E Gene EFI -- Adaptable to Other X670, X670E, B650 and B650E Boards

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Looking at the Radeon Pro WX8200 on TechPowerUp, link below. This card is a cut down version of the Radeon RX Vega 64 using the Navi 10 chip, so it should work ok in macOS. But the Pro card has approximately 35% less relative performance than the RX 6600 XT it will be replacing.

Jumper981

AMD OS X Member
Hi CaseySJ,
may i ask you why you use CPUFriend and not only SMCAMDProcessor?
How would i configure CPUFriend for my 7950X?
I have only two power states per AMD Power Gadget 3.5Ghz and 4.5Ghz but i don't know the frequency vectors for this CPU.
Many thanks in advance!

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Hi CaseySJ,
may i ask you why you use CPUFriend and not only SMCAMDProcessor?
How would i configure CPUFriend for my 7950X?
I have only two power states per AMD Power Gadget 3.5Ghz and 4.5Ghz but i don't know the frequency vectors for this CPU.
Many thanks in advance!
Hello @Jumper981,

I think that was a mistake on my part. In my own EFI folder CPUFriend is disabled.

coralding

AMD OS X Member
Today I update the newest BIOS beta 1516, I used the old EFI which unsuccessful in BIOS 1510. I have successfully installed macOS Ventura 14.5 on my Koxia KXG6 NVMe SSD. Then I changed it with WD SN850X 2T, it also successfully.

So far so good. Thanks all for help, Great thanks for CaseSJ.

Attachments

• Ventura 14.5.png
    Ventura 14.5.png
    244.9 KB · Views: 29

Jumper981

AMD OS X Member
Hi @CaseySJ,
May I ask you how did you solved the double click for wake monitor?
I used both acpi-wake-type and USBWakeFixup methods without any success.
When i used USBWakeFixup I created my SSDT for solving it for every controller.
EFI and DSDT Attached.
Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15 MB · Views: 8
  • DSDTog.aml.zip
    14.6 KB · Views: 2

Sapar

AMD OS X Member
Can I use USB4 on the back panel ports with this motherboard(x670e gene sonoma(Public 1 23A5286i) ?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Hi @CaseySJ,
May I ask you how did you solved the double click for wake monitor?
I used both acpi-wake-type and USBWakeFixup methods without any success.
When i used USBWakeFixup I created my SSDT for solving it for every controller.
EFI and DSDT Attached.
Many thanks in advance!
Please try this version of SSDT-USBW.aml, which looks like this:

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 12.33.54 PM.png

Attachments

• SSDT-USBW.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 3

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Can I use USB4 on the back panel ports with this motherboard(x670e gene sonoma(Public 1 23A5286i) ?
Yes those ports are usable, but Thunderbolt devices must be connected to the system prior to boot because hot plug does not work.

Sapar

AMD OS X Member
in addition toThunderbolt does not recognize USB3.2 Gen2TypeA and C.

I attempted to configure USB ports using Hackintool, but only two out of the 3rd USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A ports on the back panel are responsive, and the other ports are not recognized.

x670e gene sonoma(23A5312d), OC 0.9.4
addition and modification (off-USB,aml,kext, USBInjectAll.kext, XhciPortLimit-true)

Please advice on fix.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    43.1 MB · Views: 11
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 18
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 28

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
in addition toThunderbolt does not recognize USB3.2 Gen2TypeA and C.

I attempted to configure USB ports using Hackintool, but only two out of the 3rd USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A ports on the back panel are responsive, and the other ports are not recognized.

x670e gene sonoma(23A5312d), OC 0.9.4
addition and modification (off-USB,aml,kext, USBInjectAll.kext, XhciPortLimit-true)

Please advice on fix.
The X670E GENE is a USB 4.0 based unit, so will need to use a SSDT-Maple Ridge-TB4 + SSDT-DTPG.aml for the ACPI folder to enable the Thunderbolt, but will need to use the correct RP port for the Maple Ridge file otherwise it may crash if the wrong aml file is enabled. If you use Hackintool and/or IORegistryExplorer you can check under the PCI section which RP port the TB4 controller resides on. It's usually a number anything from 01 to 09.

As for the remaining USB ports not working, they will likely to do with XHC, in which case you'll need a XHC rename file or two under the ACPI folder.
For convenience I've attached two files (zipped) from my Gigabyte B550 Vision D build that you could try adding and enable to test in addition to the existing custom USB map you've created ie. enable USBPorts.kext or similar to use. Also disable XHCIPortLimit.

Attachments

• SSDT-XHC.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 3

Sapar

AMD OS X Member
The X670E GENE is a USB 4.0 based unit, so will need to use a SSDT-Maple Ridge-TB4 + SSDT-DTPG.aml for the ACPI folder to enable the Thunderbolt, but will need to use the correct RP port for the Maple Ridge file otherwise it may crash if the wrong aml file is enabled. If you use Hackintool and/or IORegistryExplorer you can check under the PCI section which RP port the TB4 controller resides on. It's usually a number anything from 01 to 09.

As for the remaining USB ports not working, they will likely to do with XHC, in which case you'll need a XHC rename file or two under the ACPI folder.
For convenience I've attached two files (zipped) from my Gigabyte B550 Vision D build that you could try adding and enable to test in addition to the existing custom USB map you've created ie. enable USBPorts.kext or similar to use. Also disable XHCIPortLimit.

I appreciate your detailed explanation.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Hey Casey, all this work you and the others have put in over the past months is simply amazing.I upgraded the PC to the X670E Gene and the Ryzen 9 7950x processor. I edited your efi 0.9.1 to 0.9.3 using OCT but somewhere I have a mistake and I can't get to Recovery at all. I use Fenvi T919. Can you please help me find an error? Thanks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    42.5 MB · Views: 12

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Hey Casey, all this work you and the others have put in over the past months is simply amazing.I upgraded the PC to the X670E Gene and the Ryzen 9 7950x processor. I edited your efi 0.9.1 to 0.9.3 using OCT but somewhere I have a mistake and I can't get to Recovery at all. I use Fenvi T919. Can you please help me find an error? Thanks.
Hello @Pabo,

Two things to change (first one is most important):

Screenshot 2023-09-02 at 1.25.55 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-09-02 at 1.27.18 PM.png

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Thanks for help, but the repair does not work. I attach printscreen ..... thanks....Possible error in the Processor ID Settings?
Some questions and comments:
  • Which version of macOS are you running?
  • Was OpenCore 0.9.1 working? If so, do you still have a copy of it?
  • The kernel quirk DisableIoMapperMapping is not needed on AMD platforms. It's okay to enable the checkbox as you've done, but it won't make any difference. It is only for Intel platforms when VT-d is enabled
  • Your config.plist does not have the latest AMD-OSX kernel patches, which is okay as long as you're running Ventura or an earlier version of macOS
  • For Sonoma, we need the latest kernel patches and we need to disable NVMeFix.kext

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Some questions and comments:
  • Which version of macOS are you running?
  • Was OpenCore 0.9.1 working? If so, do you still have a copy of it?
  • The kernel quirk DisableIoMapperMapping is not needed on AMD platforms. It's okay to enable the checkbox as you've done, but it won't make any difference. It is only for Intel platforms when VT-d is enabled
  • Your config.plist does not have the latest AMD-OSX kernel patches, which is okay as long as you're running Ventura or an earlier version of macOS
  • For Sonoma, we need the latest kernel patches and we need to disable NVMeFix.kext
Thanks for your help. I've only had this upgraded PC for a week. I have almost the same lineup as you. Before that I had an x570-based PC.

To your questions: The EFI I sent you is Ventura 13.5.1 and OC 0.9.3 MacOS has never been installed on this new build before. All installations are clean. I use Fenvi-T919 because I find it the most convenient-even for the coming Sonoma. I hope I have the BIOS settings right even on the new version 1602. But I can't find the reason why I can't start the Recovery installation. I tried to install your EFI for @coralding #193 and the installation went smoothly. Ethernet does not work properly, but otherwise it works ok. From this I conclude that the PC settings are fine. I'm not that experienced, so I'm glad this community exists and helps to learn. Sorry my English language. Thanks again. Paul
Edit: Maybe I'll try to install your 0.9.1 as it is for Fenvi.. and do I download Ventura 13.3?

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Thanks for your help. I've only had this upgraded PC for a week. I have almost the same lineup as you. Before that I had an x570-based PC.

To your questions: The EFI I sent you is Ventura 13.5.1 and OC 0.9.3 MacOS has never been installed on this new build before. All installations are clean. I use Fenvi-T919 because I find it the most convenient-even for the coming Sonoma. I hope I have the BIOS settings right even on the new version 1602. But I can't find the reason why I can't start the Recovery installation. I tried to install your EFI for @coralding #193 and the installation went smoothly. Ethernet does not work properly, but otherwise it works ok. From this I conclude that the PC settings are fine. I'm not that experienced, so I'm glad this community exists and helps to learn. Sorry my English language. Thanks again. Paul
Edit: Maybe I'll try to install your 0.9.1 as it is for Fenvi.. and do I download Ventura 13.3?
Please try using the latest AMD-OSX kernel patches first. If you would like me to update your config.plist just let me know.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Please try using the latest AMD-OSX kernel patches first. If you would like me to update your config.plist just let me know.
Thanks to. I'm slowly getting lost in it. If you would be willing to help me and update my config.plist with a complete EFI it would help me a lot. Thank you for your willingness and time.Paolo

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Thanks to. I'm slowly getting lost in it. If you would be willing to help me and update my config.plist with a complete EFI it would help me a lot. Thank you for your willingness and time.Paolo
I can update the config.plist on Wednesday. Currently on a business trip. Please remind me if you don’t get a reply here by end of Wednesday.

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.