Ryzen 7000 Testing

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Hello. first thanks for all the tips here. I have B650 aorus elite ax and Ryzen 7700x + 32gb 6000 renegade. Does anyone have any EFI for this kit? I tried with some that were sent here, but without success.
Please see this guide:

dekuyt

AMD OS X Member

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Thank you Casey. I will try later
If you run into any difficult problem feel free to post a question in that thread. Hopefully things will go smoothly…

camonz

AMD OS X Member

Yes

Yes also with one dimm inserted

Today I have tested also vengaence and they have the same problems
Only one stick allows my system to boot
with one single stick system condition system is rock solid
Is that the crosshair hero x670? If so I'm running the same on a 7950x, For mem I'm just running 32GB on slots 2 and 4. I USB mapped and enabled BT without issues; only thing I haven't enabled is the wifi since I don't need it

For graphics an old 580. Everything seems ok; I followed CaseyJ's guide from page 84 of this thread and had some help from the discord server.

What issues are you running into?

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 3.18.05 AM.png

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Sleep, Wake, Reboot, and Shutdown work when Thunderbolt is disabled in BIOS, but do not currently work when Thunderbolt is enabled (I'll look into this later)
Hi @CaseySJ this is always valid?
I have it enabled and I do not have a thunderbolt SSDT and my system boots regularly
No tested for now thunderbolt device I have, only tested USB part for those controller (and it works)

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Is that the crosshair hero x670? If so I'm running the same on a 7950x, For mem I'm just running 32GB on slots 2 and 4. I USB mapped and enabled BT without issues; only thing I haven't enabled is the wifi since I don't need it

Would you mind posting your EFI?

I have not been able to boot into the installer using @mariettosun 's EFI . I can make it to the installer using @CaseySJ 's EFI but the install hangs after several minutes for both Monterey and Ventura.

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Would you mind posting your EFI?

I have not been able to boot into the installer using @mariettosun 's EFI . I can make it to the installer using @CaseySJ 's EFI but the install hangs after several minutes for both Monterey and Ventura.
My efi is pretty ready and I will post it soon
You have to map your usb if you are trying to install from an usb pen

System is stable but some problem with as media internal usb3 to wake the system using keyboard
With them mapped you can only wake from sleep with power button for now

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

See this is the other thing I don't understand.. how can I map USB ports before installing macOS?

it sounds a bit like a "chicken and egg" problem.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
My efi is pretty ready and I will post it soon

System is stable but some problem with as media internal usb3 to wake the system using keyboard
With them mapped you can only wake from sleep with power button for now
Regarding ASMedia USB ports, I can take a look at the following files if you post them (with your USB map enabled):
  • IOReg
  • USB port map files (kext and/or SSDT)
On a different topic, my HDMI/DP audio is working fine, even after wake-from-sleep. I'm using HDMI-to-HDMI cable. I have noticed, however, that (a) if two computers are connected to the same monitor or (b) one computer is connected to two monitors, there can be some issue with establishing HDMI/DP audio connection.

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
See this is the other thing I don't understand.. how can I map USB ports before installing macOS
in OS like windows
or you have to try to change usb ports and pray! :)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
See this is the other thing I don't understand.. how can I map USB ports before installing macOS?

it sounds a bit like a "chicken and egg" problem.
You are right that a fully functional USB port map is not necessary for installing macOS. If you open a new thread in Installation -> Ventura, I can help you there. Just start by posting your current EFI folder.

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 10.34.12 AM.png

Last edited:

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ
1674334330627.png

above a NVME disk connected on my tb4
below an USB type C connected to the tb4 companion port
it seems it is working

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@CaseySJ
View attachment 9518

above a NVME disk connected on my tb4
below an USB type C connected to the tb4 companion port
it seems it is working
Thunderbolt devices will connect and work only when powered up and connected before boot. But hot plug will not work. Alas, even with SSDT hot plug does not work.

I am personally okay without hot plug.

However, USB devices can connect and disconnect at any time.

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Thunderbolt devices will connect and work only when powered up and connected before boot. But hot plug will not work. Alas, even with SSDT hot plug does not work.

I am personally okay without hot plug.

However, USB devices can connect and disconnect at any time.

I thought it was not known to work tb4
but maybe I misinterpreted oddity thunderbolt note :)

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
Screenshot 2023-01-21 alle 22.46.54.png

from extract bios asus x670e hero @CaseySJ

Attachments

• BIOS-X670-HERO.txt
    49 KB · Views: 1

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
View attachment 9519

from extract bios asus x670e hero @CaseySJ
This shows that Thunderbolt GPIO Force Power defaults to Enabled, which is very good and also very common. The problem on Asus X670 boards is the way Thunderbolt ACPI tables are implemented. If we try to delete any of the default Thunderbolt devices in order to replace them with standard UPSB, DSB0, ... devices, then all sorts of "bad things" happen. If we try to inject PCIThunderbolt or PCIHotplugCapable device properties, then again "bad things" happen.

If we cannot (a) delete existing devices and (b) inject device properties, then we're stuck with what Asus gives us...

On my Gigabyte B550 Vision D (AM4 platform) the on-board Titan Ridge controller works beautifully. We can delete device names and inject device properties with no problems. Here's what that looks like:

Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 2.30.35 PM.png

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ What's bad if you try to turn off and recreate The controller? Are acpi so bad on asus?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.