Ryzen 7000 Testing

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I wish I could offer better news, but people have tried to spoof the 6700/6750 but it does not work. We can spoof one version of 6900 into another version of the same 6900, but we cannot spoof a 67XX into something else.
I'll have to return it then :cry::cry:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Efi posted for hero works well
1674081938883.png

I have many problems with only one memory dimm alloelws me to start
But efi posted above works
No usb because I need to map
Thanks @Lorys89 and @CaseySJ

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Efi posted for hero works well
View attachment 9467

I have many problems with only one memory dimm alloelws me to start
No usb because I need to map
Thanks @Lorys89 and @CaseySJ
Very good to see macOS installed and running!

Some questions/comments:
  • What fixed the boot/POST problem? Was it simply necessary to use 2 DIMMs?
  • If you can boot macOS using the EFI posted previously for Asus X670E Hero, I wonder why others ran into problems?
  • Your screenshot shows 128GB, so it seems all 4 DIMM slots are populated now.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm impressed and amazed... :love:

If you can boot macOS using the EFI posted previously for Asus X670E Hero, I wonder why others ran into problems?

I have the same question @mariettosun .. would you mind posting the actual EFI you used?

I wonder if I am having NVME drama b/c am using the NVME slots that get bandwidth from teh Chipset rather than the CPU directly.

Does your 6800XT work in PCI 4.0 mode or did you have to drop it to 3.0 for it to work?

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Oh no! If you already have it then sadly it will need to be replaced with something else.
It actually never shipped from Amazon. I may bite the bullet and just get another PowerColor 6900XT or 6950XT.

the 6650 has left a sour taste in my mouth. its really unfortunate that macOS does not support the 6700XT.

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
it simply necessary to use 2 DIMMs?
At the moment the PC starts both in windows and in OSX only with a Dimm inserted in the second slot on the side of the CPU socket (should be A2)
I used the SSDT that are present in the EFI Posted by @PoMpIs and used all the optimized options of the ASUS bios (load optimised settings), I disabled the fast boot and IGPU of the 7950x, I did not disable the thunderbolt nor the i225. thanks to Lorys89 we modified ssdt for the I225 with my ACPI path, at the moment without success. Always with the help of Lorys i have mapped partially my USB

@Galve2000 my GPU (6900xt) works in the first slot of the motherboard and the selector on the motherboard is on the car. LN2 Disable
I installed 3 NVME disks in the first three slots, the last one is empty
Now my problem is to understand where the user or hardware problem is

I hope it is a Kingston Fury Beast compatibility problem
but I'm afraid it has to do with the motherboard or the CPU

with my CPU cooler "Monster" is hard to do tests with memories I always have to disassemble it or keep it with my hands on the cpu

BIOS 0805 (latest)
with others DIMM combination installation i see always on debug code:
C5 (forever until i shutdown the PC)

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Disabling wifi and BT on bios ethernet now works (i225)

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Very good to see macOS installed and running!

Some questions/comments:
  • If you can boot macOS using the EFI posted previously for Asus X670E Hero, I wonder why others ran into problems?
  • Your screenshot shows 128GB, so it seems all 4 DIMM slots are populated now.
first one question I do not know
My system starts also using @PoMpIs EFI posted in this thread ( I have to map USB because his mapping does not work for me (Obviusly))
for the second ones I think OSX seen in my config my custom memory mapping for 4 DIMM I did when I was more optimistic full populated slot could work :)

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
first one question I do not know
My system starts also using @PoMpIs EFI posted in this thread ( I have to map USB because his mapping does not work for me (Obviusly))
for the second ones I think OSX seen in my config my custom memory mapping for 4 DIMM I did when I was more optimistic full populated slot could work :)
Just to clarify:
  • You can only boot with ONE memory module?
  • macOS shows 128GB because of custom memory setting in OpenCore config.plist?
I am using two G.Skill AMD EXPO DIMMs. This is the exact model:

dreamwhite

AMD OS X Member
Hi there, I'm having random reboot issues with a ASUS X670E-F paired with a 7900X and a 6900XT.
Sometimes it reboots during the boot stage, other times instead a few minutes after logging in the system.

I think MMIO regions may play a role here but I really don't know what to say...
Below a SysReport dump, the EFI that I'm currently using (which still presents the problem) and the dump with DevirtualiseMmio and Target 67.

Many thanks to those who can help me

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • SysReport.zip
    126.6 KB · Views: 1
  • opencore-2023-01-18-215632.txt
    256 KB · Views: 9

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
You can only boot with ONE memory module?
Yes
macOS shows 128GB because of custom memory setting in OpenCore config.plist?
Yes also with one dimm inserted

Today I have tested also vengaence and they have the same problems
Only one stick allows my system to boot
with one single stick system condition system is rock solid

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Yes

Yes also with one dimm inserted

Today I have tested also vengaence and they have the same problems
Only one stick allows my system to boot
with one single stick system condition system is rock solid
Are you using 32GB DIMM or 16GB DIMM?

Because system cannot POST with more than one DIMM, you can definitely open a support ticket on Asus website. Have you checked the Asus ROG forum for any similar problem report?

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Sounds like the issue on my old B450 motherboard, I was only able to use it with one RAM stick in only one slot, with it on any of the other it wouldn't POST.

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
USER error sorry!
Thanks to the @Lorys89 moral support and help! :)

IMG_3526.JPGIMG_3527.jpgIMG_3526.JPG
consider-it-done-alright.gif

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Hi there, I'm having random reboot issues with a ASUS X670E-F paired with a 7900X and a 6900XT.
Sometimes it reboots during the boot stage, other times instead a few minutes after logging in the system.

I think MMIO regions may play a role here but I really don't know what to say...
Below a SysReport dump, the EFI that I'm currently using (which still presents the problem) and the dump with DevirtualiseMmio and Target 67.

Many thanks to those who can help me
I don't see any obvious issue, but I've made a handful of tweaks to config.plist (attached -- no serial numbers inside).

Are you using any Corsair components connected to internal USB 2.0 headers? There's a CommanderProFix.kext in your EFI folder, but it's not included in config.plist.

Was this a fresh installation of macOS or a transplant?

If it periodically reboots during boot stage, have you tried unchecking all the MMIO whitelist entries except the 2nd one?
Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 2.47.55 PM.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    30.7 KB · Views: 4

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

dekuyt

AMD OS X Member
Hello. first thanks for all the tips here. I have B650 aorus elite ax and Ryzen 7700x + 32gb 6000 renegade. Does anyone have any EFI for this kit? I tried with some that were sent here, but without success.

Attachments

• IMG_20230120_021046.jpg
    IMG_20230120_021046.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.