Ryzen 7000 Testing

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I used the latest Ghidra version, it's cross platform for the most used operating systems and open source, it has an "Export to C" function somewhere, I can give more detailed steps tomorrow, or a disassembly if you send me the files.
That would be very helpful -- I've attached a ZIP containing IOThunderboltFamily from both Big Sur and Monterey with the filenames modified as follows:
  • IOThunderboltFamily-Monterey
  • IOThunderboltFamily-Big-Sur
This post contains a little more information about this task:
I'll try Ghidra soon.

Attachments

• IOThunderboltFamily-MacOS-12-and-13.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 8

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Preliminary build guide for Asus X670E Gene adaptable to other boards:

AMD OS X Member
This is the last one I made for my x670e hero + RX6800XT and 7950x....

It's been a while since I updated it, that device is being used only with Windows
Hi, boot from flash disk with (EFI + com.apple.recovery.boot), and when i use "Reisntall macOS Ventura". i fount that computer not connect to internet, I225-V is not working?

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Hi, boot from flash disk with (EFI + com.apple.recovery.boot), and when i use "Reisntall macOS Ventura". i fount that computer not connect to internet, I225-V is not working?

I had no problem with the i225 network on the Hero x670e :oops:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
The I225-V is available with Monterey, but not Ventura.
After installed Monterey, the system unable to enter.😃
Please take a look at the Preliminary Build Guide I posted. You can use the EFI folder provided there and follow the guide for adapting it to your motherboard.

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ tested restrictevents in updating from beta 1 (b) to beta 2 all is fine with the advised bootarg! :)

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
That would be very helpful -- I've attached a ZIP containing IOThunderboltFamily from both Big Sur and Monterey with the filenames modified as follows:
  • IOThunderboltFamily-Monterey
  • IOThunderboltFamily-Big-Sur
This post contains a little more information about this task:
I'll try Ghidra soon.
Sorry for the delay, I've had a lot of things to do lately and have been spending all my free time learning VFIO and successfully made a working macOS VM, feels just like bare metal, but runs on my Arch Linux installation!

Anyways, the files are attached. How I got them? Simple, I used the Ghidra Installation Guide to get Ghidra running, created a new project in the app, loaded both files, analyzed them, clicked File -> Export Program... -> Format: C/C++ -> OK for both files. I hope they will be useful to you in your Thunderbolt journey! Keep in mind that Ghidra is not a human and it cannot produce a perfect decomp in such a short time, so there will be some code missing, unknown variable names, unknown jumptables, etc.

Attachments

• IOThunderboltFamily-DECOMP.zip
    780.5 KB · Views: 1

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Sorry for the delay, I've had a lot of things to do lately and have been spending all my free time learning VFIO and successfully made a working macOS VM, feels just like bare metal, but runs on my Arch Linux installation!
Virtual Function I/O sounds intriguing. I installed macOS via QEMU on my Minisforum HX-90 (the version without discrete 6600 GPU), but the user experience was terrible to say the least. I hope a VFIO-based VM provides a much better user experience...

Anyways, the files are attached. How I got them? Simple, I used the Ghidra Installation Guide to get Ghidra running, created a new project in the app, loaded both files, analyzed them, clicked File -> Export Program... -> Format: C/C++ -> OK for both files. I hope they will be useful to you in your Thunderbolt journey! Keep in mind that Ghidra is not a human and it cannot produce a perfect decomp in such a short time, so there will be some code missing, unknown variable names, unknown jumptables, etc.
This is great -- thanks! It continues to be a busy week so I was planning to try Ghidra over the weekend. This saves me from that -- now I need to figure out what "damage" Apple did to IOThunderboltFamily!

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@PoMpIs may I ask if you use APPLEAlc kext with your Asus Rog x670E Hero?
it should be an USB Realtek audio if I am not wrong

have you posted an Ioreg for this your motherboard?

(I have ordered one of this)
thank you

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
@PoMpIs may I ask if you use APPLEAlc kext with your Asus Rog x670E Hero?
it should be an USB Realtek audio if I am not wrong

have you posted an Ioreg for this your motherboard?

(I have ordered one of this)
thank you

No, I have never used AppleALC on this board, it takes ALC4082 USB audio and works OOTB

IOReg I don't know if I published it in the forum, now my son is using that board with windows, he doesn't have MacOS... he has an RTX3060Ti that is not compatible with MacOS, so I can't extract the IOReg :(

I'm going to switch to nVidia for a while (RTX4000), so I only have a Lenovo 520s left as a hackintosh, all the other computers I have at home already use nVidia

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
No, I have never used AppleALC on this board, it takes ALC4082 USB audio and works OOTB

IOReg I don't know if I published it in the forum, now my son is using that board with windows, he doesn't have MacOS... he has an RTX3060Ti that is not compatible with MacOS, so I can't extract the IOReg :(

I'm going to switch to nVidia for a while (RTX4000), so I only have a Lenovo 520s left as a hackintosh, all the other computers I have at home already use nVidia
I'm not able to even boot into the macOS installer with the X670E Hero.. I may just get a 3090 and keep this as a windows machine..i'm still waiting on my X670E Creator RMA which I will try to hackintosh once I get it.

the fact that the Radeon 7900XTX is not yet supported in MacOS is prompting this decision.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I'm not able to even boot into the macOS installer with the X670E Hero.. I may just get a 3090 and keep this as a windows machine..i'm still waiting on my X670E Creator RMA which I will try to hackintosh once I get it.

the fact that the Radeon 7900XTX is not yet supported in MacOS is prompting this decision.
@mariettosun mentioned above that he has ordered the Asus X670E Hero. So you'll soon have expert company to help with the installation...

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@mariettosun mentioned above that he has ordered the Asus X670E Hero. So you'll soon have expert company to help with the installation...
Based on all the wonderful work done here I think I will have' less difficulty than when I worked on my trx40 platform
This is thanks to the work of @caseSJ and all the other users involved

Before the arrival of all the parts scheduled for next week, I have prepared an EFI that should allow my system to start from the NVME disk just by setting BIOS and peripherals correctly (to have @PoMpIs' MMIOs that I took from one of his configs)

I am quite confident

One problem there may be is related to the number of USBs present, especially with the 3 internal USB2 headers
Nothing unsolvable I think

Again thank you for the great work done in these months! :)

I attach the EFI with which I will try to start (it is an opencore Debug 089)

PS
I miss only my i225 path but I will try to start from a yet installed OS

Attachments

• EFI_X670E-Hero.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 18

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I attach the EFI with which I will try to start (it is an opencore Debug 089)
IMG_0830.jpg

unfortunately, this is as far as I got with yr EFI.

I am grateful for your help. I will wait for you to build your system and test it before trying again.

my X670E Creator replacement should arrive this week and I may start building another system with the new board. the error code / temp reader on the Hero has been extremely helpful and will be missed. as will the reset CMOS button. but I cannot bare not having a 10 GBit ethernet port. never mind that the ethernet port near my test bench is not operational and I am using only Wifi so far :LOL:

I bought a second 5950X last month when they went on sale so I will try with a whole new processor to see if I have better luck.

in the meantime, can you tell is a bit more about your build specs?

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Could you post Debug file you should have in your EFI partition?
I think MMIO are to set for you

7950x (in arrive)
Rog x670E Hero (in arrive)
6900xt (from my "old" rig)
128 GB Kingston Fury beast (two 64Gb kits) (at home now)
Icegiant Prosiphon cooler (from my "old" rig)
2x Sabrent Rocket 4.0 (from my "old" rig)
1 Samsung 960 pro Nvme (in a Thunderbolt external enclosure) (from my "old" rig)
a bunch of sata disks and a Blu ray recorder

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@Galve2000 in this config I have enabled also SetVirtualMap quirk (it seems mandatory for x670 platform
it could help to pass that early hang

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 4
  • target67-config.plist.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 3

Cheesetoast

AMD OS X Member
View attachment 9455

I am grateful for your help. I will wait for you to build your system and test it before trying again.

my X670E Creator replacement should arrive this week and I may start building another system with the new board. the error code / temp reader on the Hero has been extremely helpful and will be missed. as will the reset CMOS button. but I cannot bare not having a 10 GBit ethernet port. never mind that the ethernet port near my test bench is not operational and I am using only Wifi so far :LOL:

I bought a second 5950X last month when they went on sale so I will try with a whole new processor to see if I have better luck.

I was stuck at the same spot, enabling DevirtualiseMmio and SetupVirtualMap should give you progression. Issue reference: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/kaslr-fix.html

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I was stuck at the same spot, enabling DevirtualiseMmio and SetupVirtualMap should give you progression. Issue reference: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/kaslr-fix.html
MMIO WhiteList is going to be the death of me.

@Galve2000 in this config I have enabled also SetVirtualMap quirk (it seems mandatory for x670 platform
it could help to pass that early hang

I did get a little further with the SetVirtualMap quirk change but not very far at all.

IMG_0834jpeg.jpg

I will one of these days sit down and learn how to do the MMIO whitelist myself.. but I even have trouble with Debug... which BTW i'm using a release version of OC so I do not get a log file on my EFI folder.

anyway, the saga continues.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.