AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Unfortunately, I could not connect via handoff or airdrop to my macbook pro, although using the same apple ID
Many of the Apple wireless services are specific to the Broadcom cards Apple uses. They work out of the box.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Many of the Apple wireless services are specific to the Broadcom cards Apple uses. They work out of the box.

This is most helpful. I will continue to use Fenvi/BT-400 rather than the onboard as handoff is working well on my Hackintosh.

The only thing I haven't been able to do is unlock with my apple watch. although as soon as I set up BT and Wifi the system asked me "would you like to unlock with your apple watch" which got me super excited. as of this writing however, I have not been able to unlock with apple watch even once.

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Read this post over on MacRumours regarding fixing Apple Watch unlock issues in Catalina 10.15.6.

#36 Apple Watch Unlock issues

You may find additional information or fixes for this issue when running Big Sur or Monterey further along in that MacRumours thread.

sektorOp

AMD OS X Member
Screenshot at Jul 04 15-35-49.png
Thanks to @AudioGod Method work for Me. :D i appreciated your work

specs-
motherboard - asus rog x570 crosshair viii hero
processor - 5900x
graphic card - xfx 5700xt
graphic card - 3070 ( using for windows only )
corsair ram - 64gb
nvme - 960 evo for mac 1tb
nvme - 970 evo plus 1tb

What Works
Sound - working
WiFi / Bluetooth not work (I have x570 crosshair viii hero)
USB Type C, 3.0 & 2.0 - not all
Sleep & Wake - not working (crashing sometime dislplay off, then i have to remove display port and attached then work and sometime crashing)
Sleep and Shutdown via the Power Button - working
Power Nap - don’t know
Hardware Acceleration - working
AirDrop - bluetooth not available
iCloud - not checked yet
iMessages - not checked yet
FaceTime - not checked yet
AppleTV - working
Netflix & Amazon Prime via Safari - working
Handoff - don’t know
Continuity - don’t know
Apple Watch Unlock - not checked yet

hzxyb

AMD OS X Member
I can't boot from your efi file, can you help to correct the error? the attachment is opencore debug log file and EFI file.

my hardware info as below:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming(Bios Revision - 4021)
RAM: Kingston HyperX KHX3200C16D4/16GX * 2
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5500 XT Pulse
SSD: ScanDisk 240GB

Attachments

• opencore-2022-07-05-103430.txt
    256 KB · Views: 4
  • EFI.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 5
  • WechatIMG18.jpeg
    WechatIMG18.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 12

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Final Release of 0.8.2 EFI for the X570 I Gaming is available here.

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Pre-Release OpenCore 0.8.3 for X570 I Gaming, works with Ventura beta 3, is available here.

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
For anyone having trouble getting Ventura beta 3 to install with OpenCore 0.8.3 Pre-Release the AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext needs to be updated. Here an updated version as the GitHub page has not yet been updated.

Attachments

• AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip
    33.8 KB · Views: 12

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
Good morning, there is no need to use OC 0.8.3 pre-release. OC 0.8.2, with all proper kexts, has been updated to work with MacOS Ventura, even beta 3.

Modifications needed:
Update to OC 0.8.2
Update all Lilu plugins to the last version
Kernel -> Patch -> 21.99.99 to 22.99.99
Adding 15th patch in kernel/patch section (not sure if needed) in the @johnlietzke EFI 0.8.3
Update AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext to pre-release version (thanks to @johnlietzke )

I've already seen that IntelBluetoothFirmware has been updated two days ago. I am going to test it.

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Good morning, there is no need to use OC 0.8.3 pre-release. OC 0.8.2, with all proper kexts, has been updated to work with MacOS Ventura, even beta 3.

Modifications needed:
Update to OC 0.8.2
Update all Lilu plugins to the last version
Kernel -> Patch -> 21.99.99 to 22.99.99
Adding 15th patch in kernel/patch section (not sure if needed) in the @johnlietzke EFI 0.8.3
Update AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext to pre-release version (thanks to @johnlietzke )

I've already seen that IntelBluetoothFirmware has been updated two days ago. I am going to test it.

Ventura beta 3 identifier number is 22A5295h. You are still on beta 2 (22A5286J).

OpenCore 0.8.3 is required to boot Ventura beta 3.
  • The required KC header has changed from __PRELINK_TEXT -> __TEXT_EXEC.
  • OpenCore 0.8.3 and the updated Kext now have the new KC header.
Without the updated KC header Ventura beta 3 will get stuck during install. If beta 3 is installed with 0.8.3 and then the 0.8.2 EFI is used it freeze during the loading process prior to logging in. I just tested it.

I reconfirmed this on AMD OS X Discord.

Last edited:

hzxyb

AMD OS X Member
I can't boot from your efi file, can you help to correct the error? the attachment is opencore debug log file and EFI file.

my hardware info as below:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming(Bios Revision - 4021)
RAM: Kingston HyperX KHX3200C16D4/16GX * 2
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5500 XT Pulse
SSD: ScanDisk 240GB
Hi everyone , I have solved this issue, I upgrade opencore to 0.8.0 , the attachment is the EFI file.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 10

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
Ventura beta 3 identifier number is 22A5295h. You are still on beta 2 (22A5286J).

OpenCore 0.8.3 is required to boot Ventura beta 3.
  • The required KC header has changed from __PRELINK_TEXT -> __TEXT_EXEC.
  • OpenCore 0.8.3 and the updated Kext now have the new KC header.
Without the updated KC header Ventura beta 3 will get stuck during install. If beta 3 is installed with 0.8.3 and then the 0.8.2 EFI is used it freeze during the loading process prior to logging in. I just tested it.

I reconfirmed this on AMD OS X Discord.
You are right @johnlietzke. Sorry, when I downloaded beta profile, it downloaded beta 2 instead beta 3.

Anyway, is there any reason to use SMCProcessor and SMCSuperIO kexts? As far as I know, they don't work on AMD CPUs.

Now, I am on beta 3 and everything is working fine. Thank you again!

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
You are right @johnlietzke. Sorry, when I downloaded beta profile, it downloaded beta 2 instead beta 3.

Anyway, is there any reason to use SMCProcessor and SMCSuperIO kexts? As far as I know, they don't work on AMD CPUs.

Now, I am on beta 3 and everything is working fine. Thank you again!

My first install of beta 3 did the same thing when it failed to install. I thought I was updated but it reverted back to beta 2 as the installation only partly completed.

SMCProcessor is for reporting the CPU temperature to third party hardware monitors like iState Menus.

SMCSuperIO still works for reporting the fan speeds in third party apps.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
My first install of beta 3 did the same thing when it failed to install. I thought I was updated but it reverted back to beta 2 as the installation only partly completed.

SMCProcessor is for reporting the CPU temperature to third party hardware monitors like iState Menus.

SMCSuperIO still works for reporting the fan speeds in third party apps.
Beta3 (22A5295i) last ) is already available for download GibMacOS-Master... Will anyone try clean installation?

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky 2022-07-12 v 15.30.03.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2022-07-12 v 15.30.03.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 9

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Beta3 (22A5295i) last ) is already available for download GibMacOS-Master... Will anyone try clean installation?

Shanee said on AudioGods forum that the initial release of the beta 3 public installer was broken and since then Apple has released a new one.

The broken installer caused a blacks screen.

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
Minor update of beta 3 successful with OC 0.8.3

vitorpvcampos

AMD OS X Member
Hey, guys! Has anyone using the BCM94360NG had any problems with audio? It could be a coincidence, but right after I replaced the original motherboard module with a BCM94360NG, my audio is stuttering. It happens on 2 different hackintoshs (one on nvme and another on sdd, with different EFI) but it doesn't happen on windows. It's driving me crazy! It happens in the audio via usb interface, in the monitor audio via hdmi etc. Tried disabling onboard audio in BIOS, tried with and without AppleALC.kext, nothing solves the problem.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Hey, guys! Has anyone using the BCM94360NG had any problems with audio? It could be a coincidence, but right after I replaced the original motherboard module with a BCM94360NG, my audio is stuttering. It happens on 2 different hackintoshs (one on nvme and another on sdd, with different EFI) but it doesn't happen on windows. It's driving me crazy! It happens in the audio via usb interface, in the monitor audio via hdmi etc. Tried disabling onboard audio in BIOS, tried with and without AppleALC.kext, nothing solves the problem.

Not for mine. I am on the X570 I gaming and use DisplayPort for audio.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.