AMD Rayon R7 5800H Install Monterey kernel Panic

zxc2689963

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone, the Monterey kernel panic problem has been solved for AMD R7 5800H notebook installation. It is a great thing that the CPU can now run on 8 cores. Thank you guys very much.Thank them for discovering the problem and providing kernel patches @ExtremeX@Visual

Brand: Lenovo
Model: Legion 5 6th Gen
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800h
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600m 8GB ( Separate GPU mode)
HDD: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (1000 GB, PCI-E 3.0 x4)
WDS500G3X0C-00SJG0 (500 GB, PCI-E 3.0 x4)
Network: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz
Ram: x2 8GB 3200mhz ddr4
Display: 15.6 1080p 165HZ

Updated October 5, 2023
Problems solved:
1. You do not need to disable XHCI
2. The microphone problem is rectified
3. Monitor brightness can be adjusted, only in Ventura

Unresolved issues:
Failure to wake from sleep

Attachments

• EFI-2023-10-5.zip
    40 MB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Solution
Panic from Monterey 12.6
View attachment 7258
Thanks. I looked at the sched_prim.c file in the XNU Kernel source code (nice of Apple to let us know exactly where to search) and found that it's related to the TSC (Time Stamp Counter) Syncronization of the CPU cores. The section of the code which gives the panic is: https://github.com/apple-oss-distributions/xnu/blob/xnu-8020.140.41/osfmk/kern/sched_prim.c#L2836
Unfortunately Apple didn't update the XNU Source Code for macOS 12.6 yet, but I still managed to find the place where it calls the panic.
Image 1 is the code of XNU that panics if the time between cores does not match (not syncronized properly).

As seen when comparing the Big Sur and Monterey code (Image 2), Big Sur...

zljjjjjj

AMD OS X Member
Can you run DPCIManager in macOS? You can dump the DSDT with that.
Also if you have Windows, see if you can make a note of the hardware ids in Device Manager,
mainly for the GPUs and/or audio codec. Also name the codec if you can.
A check for the WiFi and BT (if they are Intel or Broadcom) is also needed.
Can you get better support in proxmox ve? Proxmox VE is a virtualized environment

zxc2689963

AMD OS X Member
OK, I removed SSDT-USBX from ACPI and added both of your patches, then tried all combinations with with & without USBtoolbox, UTBmap, Usbinjectall, GenericUSBXHCI and there was no change, no ports worked. One thing I did notice is that if I disabled GenericUSBXHCI.kext, it would hang at the picture below. I also attached the EFI that I have been using. If I re-enable GenericUSBXHCI.kext, it boots, but still with no USB.

View attachment 6168
I have tried many times, in fact, this computer does not need USB mapping, the number of ports and definition is correct, not exceeding 15, only need to change the name of XHC1 to XHC, I think it may be caused by the system bus affected by cpus=1, but genericusbxhci.kext miraculously makes it start

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Can you get better support in proxmox ve? Proxmox VE is a virtualized environment
Firstly I don't ever use and don't recommend VMs.
They are a waste of time because you lose so much system efficiency due to the extra layer of resources used by the VM as your system
runs effectively slower than it should. So no.

Secondly, if your system is not configured properly that is a problem no VM can solve. So running it on the actual hardware is your best answer.

The good thing about real hackintoshes these days is that if you know what you are doing you can get much further with your gear than any
PC or even genuine Mac can do. Think about all the older 2011-2015 Macbook Pros and iMacs that are still around. The recent announcement
of Ventura beta meant that these systems up to Skylake are now put to waste when realistically they can actually still run fine. Tim Cook might
talk about 'saving the planet' but its us hackintoshers that are really putting the money where our mouth is. And if you're talking about reliability
the most reliable Mac I've ever had was actually a Gigabyte Z77X hackintosh I built from 2012. That was for every single day of its life and lasted
me 7 years. It never crashed or failed (unlike Windows) and the only ever thing that ever broke was just a PSU (and that got replaced rather
cheaply and quickly).

You know I still have a Macbook Air from 2013 that I still run and use today. I've upgraded the drive on and off over the years from 256GB when
I first got it to 512GB, then 1TB. I also added a Transcend JET130 card to it a couple of years ago to use the SD card slot as an extra drive.
No new Macbook can do that even today.

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I tried Proxmox and failed miserably. Technically it should have worked but I kept getting a black display. I gave up on it. I could not get Graphics enabled

lev12354

AMD OS X Member
@lev12345

@lev12345

I want to ask - when you made the Clover test boot drive did you put in the SSDTs that we made in this thread inside the ACPI ?
Because (according to the files I received) that's what seems like it, as I can see our processor and XHC renames in the column and top.
So I really need more of a 'raw' output of the SSDTs to get a better idea. If that's the case you'll need to remove any SSDT.amls found
inside the ACPI folder and try to dump the BIOS again. Clover should boot into the main screen without any issues.
Hello. I downloaded Clover V2 5146, put it on disk, ran it, pressed f4 in the main menu, saw that the disk was blinking, started windows, sent it to you, I don’t change anything, exactly like clover did

lev12354

AMD OS X Member
@lev12345

@lev12345

I want to ask - when you made the Clover test boot drive did you put in the SSDTs that we made in this thread inside the ACPI ?
Because (according to the files I received) that's what seems like it, as I can see our processor and XHC renames in the column and top.
So I really need more of a 'raw' output of the SSDTs to get a better idea. If that's the case you'll need to remove any SSDT.amls found
inside the ACPI folder and try to dump the BIOS again. Clover should boot into the main screen without any issues.
Maybe I should turn off some substitution in Clover? But I didn’t change Clover, as I was on the github, I launched this

lev12354

AMD OS X Member
@lev12345

@lev12345

here are the new files, tried manually turning off clover fixes

Try one of the two

Attachments

• DSDT CLOVER.zip
    96.6 KB · Views: 5
  • DSDT CLOVER (2).zip
    93.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Middleman

AMD OS X Member

Try one of the two
Okay @lev12345 I've had a look at them for you. Unfortunately it didn't help. The definitions are still there.
Let me show you what I mean.

This is the DSDT output from my B550 board. Notice how it is very clean and it shows no errors under the External section.
When you search for things like PR00 or C001 it is not present.:

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 4.06.54 PM.png

Now look at your DSDT output:

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 4.11.19 PM.png

Notice how many marked with 'UnknownObj's are there? And if I search for PR00 or C001 that are there also (they shouldn't be).
That's why you have to physically remove the SSDTs from the EFI/ACPI folder before reboot into Clover to create the dump, as
otherwise they will affect the output results.

Anyways I have enough info as it is to start building an EFI so we will leave that for now. I am assuming your 5800H is using the same
definitions as the others so I will use that for now.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member

Try one of the two
Okay @lev12345

I've created a new EFI for your Acer 5800H laptop. I've disabled the onboard RTX3060 and it will try to boot with your Radeon GPU in Monterey 12.4
As there's no support at all for Vega 8 in macOS, I'm banking on the hope that it can spoof to a Vega 3 card. Give it a try.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.6 MB · Views: 23

lev12354

AMD OS X Member
Okay @lev12345

I've created a new EFI for your Acer 5800H laptop. I've disabled the onboard RTX3060 and it will try to boot with your Radeon GPU in Monterey 12.4
As there's no support at all for Vega 8 in macOS, I'm banking on the hope that it can spoof to a Vega 3 card. Give it a try.
Thanks for efi. At the expense of removing the dump, I completely deleted acpi, cleaned the config, also disabled all substitutions in the Clover menu, and only then did the dump and sent it to you. So that the dump had to be removed clean. Which is in a laptop without any substitution of devices and the like. At the expense of work, now Big Sur is being installed, but there are suspicions that the video card is working in VESA mode (I can find out in the system), since the interface freezes.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for efi. At the expense of removing the dump, I completely deleted acpi, cleaned the config, also disabled all substitutions in the Clover menu, and only then did the dump and sent it to you. So that the dump had to be removed clean. Which is in a laptop without any substitution of devices and the like. At the expense of work, now Big Sur is being installed, but there are suspicions that the video card is working in VESA mode (I can find out in the system), since the interface freezes.
I understand, but the dump still had some remnants of your last build. I suspect it could have been caught from the cache (if you hadn’t run ResetNVRAM beforehand.

As for the videocard we need to know which videocard is having the issue and being activated. To get it working it is essential the Nvidia is disabled because there are zero drivers available for it.
If it is the Vega8, then we may need to replace it with Vega8 device-id.

lev12354

AMD OS X Member
I understand, but the dump still had some remnants of your last build. I suspect it could have been caught from the cache (if you hadn’t run ResetNVRAM beforehand.

As for the videocard we need to know which videocard is having the issue and being activated. To get it working it is essential the Nvidia is disabled because there are zero drivers available for it.
If it is the Vega8, then we may need to replace it with Vega8 device-id.
IMG_20220617_170926.jpg

Middleman

AMD OS X Member

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
And now there is another question. Is it possible to do the work not in VESA mode?
To answer to question, not at the moment. Because Vega 8 series is not supported by macOS so it doesn't have the correct drivers to drive the GPU fully.

lev12354

AMD OS X Member
To answer to question, not at the moment. Because Vega 8 series is not supported by macOS so it doesn't have the correct drivers to drive the GPU fully.
It's very sad, well, at least it works. But alas, you will also have to stay on windows, since it is not comfortable to use the system with VESA, maybe in the future what people will come up with to circumvent this problem:)

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Here is the strange thing, even tho the usb ports do not work, running registry explorer, they show up in there when you pop a usb drive in and remove it?????

Same EFI I posted above.

IMG_0223.jpeg

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Here is the strange thing, even tho the usb ports do not work, running registry explorer, they show up in there when you pop a usb drive in and remove it?????

Same EFI I posted above.

View attachment 6198
Which SSDTs and USB kexts do you have active?

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.