TRIGKEY Mini PC 8 Core 16 Ryzen 7 5800H

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thank you so much, I am able to get it to boot to the Ventura installer again,
I opened Disk Utility and formatted the Hard Drive as AFPS
Then started the Install Ventura
It gets to 17 minutes remaining and then reboots the PC which returns to the Automatic Repair screen
Am I doing one of the steps incorrectly above?

Current Build: Ventura
TRIGKEY MINI COMPUTER
Processor: Ryzen 7 5700U(4.3GHz)
Graphics : 8Core 1900GHz Radeon Card
RAM : 32GB DDR4(3200MHz)
SSD: 500G NVME SSD(3000MB/S)
WIFI/BT : WIFI 6 & Bluetooth 5.2
Power: 15W
Make sure on reboot that you are starting from your new USB drive and then you should see an icon to continue the installation. It will be labeled “MacOS Installer” or something similar to that. It will need to reboot several times before you finally get to the setup screen.

cornheadks

AMD OS X Member
Make sure on reboot that you are starting from your new USB drive and then you should see an icon to continue the installation. It will be labeled “MacOS Installer” or something similar to that. It will need to reboot several times before you finally get to the setup screen.
Does it matter how the HD is formatted? AFPS ?

cornheadks

AMD OS X Member
Sorry, meant APFS, I have sucessfully completed the setup and everything work, except it won't boot to the HD, have to use the USB drive to boot to Ventura, I will redo the steps, and I didn't format the drive at APFS.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Are you sure it’s not APFS? That’s default, regardless it won’t boot off the SSD until you mount the EFI partition on it and copy over the the EFI folder from the USB drive to it. Then you should be good.

cornheadks

AMD OS X Member
Ok, thanks, I mounted the system drive which had the EFI folder in it, replaced the contents with the EFI from the USB drive, Computer now reboots to Screen with 3 choices (Ventura, Windows, Mac HD) and if Mac HD is selected boots to Ventura loaded system.

If I pull the USB drive it won't boot, tries to boot PXE netboot.

Sorry I am missing something.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Ok, thanks, I mounted the system drive which had the EFI folder in it, replaced the contents with the EFI from the USB drive, Computer now reboots to Screen with 3 choices (Ventura, Windows, Mac HD) and if Mac HD is selected boots to Ventura loaded system.

If I pull the USB drive it won't boot, tries to boot PXE netboot.

Sorry I am missing something.
Remove the USB drive and then press F7 while booting, it should bring up the list of bootable drives. If Ventura doesn't show then it sounds like you may not have copied over the EFI folder correctly. If the bio sees it then a more permanent solution is from within the bios find the Ventura drive and select it to boot first.

cornheadks

AMD OS X Member
Remove the USB drive and then press F7 while booting, it should bring up the list of bootable drives. If Ventura doesn't show then it sounds like you may not have copied over the EFI folder correctly. If the bio sees it then a more permanent solution is from within the bios find the Ventura drive and select it to boot first.

I copied the EFI from the USB but appears it isn't a option. Attached are screenshots of the System EFI and the USB EFI

I haven't changed any of the BIOS settings, I do press F7 at startup to boot to the USB EFI, Internal HD EFI doesn't show as a option

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 7.57.39 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 7.57.39 AM.png
    319.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 7.56.37 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 7.56.37 AM.png
    294.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 7.56.19 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 7.56.19 AM.png
    326.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I copied the EFI from the USB but appears it isn't a option. Attached are screenshots of the System EFI and the USB EFI

I haven't changed any of the BIOS settings, I do press F7 at startup to boot to the USB EFI, Internal HD EFI doesn't show as a option
You should have an EFI partition in your SYSTEM hard drive that was created when you formatted the drive. Inside that should be a folder named EFI that is the duplicate of the USB EFI folder. You have multiple entries now that is likely causing confusion for the bios. It’s hard to tell if you have your System drive formatted correctly but that could also be the issue

cornheadks

AMD OS X Member
You should have an EFI partition in your SYSTEM hard drive that was created when you formatted the drive. Inside that should be a folder named EFI that is the duplicate of the USB EFI folder. You have multiple entries now that is likely causing confusion for the bios. It’s hard to tell if you have your System drive formatted correctly but that could also be the issue
Ok, I moved the EFI folder from the USB drive to the System Drive, still doesn't recognize in the BIOS as an option. The System drive is created during install correct? Is the system drive something I can create or reformat now. It was there after I installed Ventura.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Ok, I moved the EFI folder from the USB drive to the System Drive, still doesn't recognize in the BIOS as an option. The System drive is created during install correct? Is the system drive something I can create or reformat now. It was there after I installed Ventura.
No idea what the system drive is or where it came from. How did you install, the recovery method or did you create the install media using terminal?

Last edited:

cornheadks

AMD OS X Member
No idea what the system drive is or where it came from. How did you install, the recovery method or find you create the install media using terminal?
I created the install media using the terminal, When it booted to the USB drive, I formatted the Hard Drive using disk utility and then ran the install Ventura, rebooted several times to the EFI on the usb drive until it finished.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I created the install media using the terminal, When it booted to the USB drive, I formatted the Hard Drive using disk utility and then ran the install Ventura, rebooted several times to the EFI on the usb drive until it finished.
It sounds like you need to start over, make sure to partition the disk using APFS so it creates the EFI partition for you.

cornheadks

AMD OS X Member
Ok, I will do it all over, I did redo it yesterday with the APFS but will try again. I did fix the EFI folder in the System Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 3.03.31 PM.png

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Ok, I will do it all over, I did redo it yesterday with the APFS but will try again. I did fix the EFI folder in the System View attachment 12501
Notice how in the EFI Partition screen shot no EFI partition shows associated with the "System" disk? It should show right underneath it. That's the issue, it should look just like the USB drive, otherwise your bios won't be able to see it to boot.

cornheadks

AMD OS X Member
Notice how in the EFI Partition screen shot no EFI partition shows associated with the "System" disk? It should show right underneath it. That's the issue, it should look just like the USB drive, otherwise your bios won't be able to see it to boot.
Ok, I understand now, I thought the system folder was supposed to have the folders, I will redo it in the morning and go from there.

cornheadks

AMD OS X Member
Thank you for your help. I reinstalled from the start, partitioned everything, ended up with a EFI partition on the hard drive, I did copy the EFI drive from the bootable Ventura installer to the EFI partition on the SSD. I can't pick it in the bios to boot yet, but I feel I am close. Works when I boot to the EFI partition on the USB Ventura installer.

BIOS is UEFI boot

Cleaned up the EFI partiion to just the EFI folder,
Able to select Hard Disk UEFI in the Bios, Boots to the last screen shot with 2 Orange DMG drives, the last one boots to Ventura, not sure how to auto select that one.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 9.36.55 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 9.36.55 AM.png
    572.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 9.36.03 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 9.36.03 AM.png
    227.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5093.jpg
    IMG_5093.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 1.51.50 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 1.51.50 PM.png
    323.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5096.jpeg
    IMG_5096.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thank you for your help. I reinstalled from the start, partitioned everything, ended up with a EFI partition on the hard drive, I did copy the EFI drive from the bootable Ventura installer to the EFI partition on the SSD. I can't pick it in the bios to boot yet, but I feel I am close. Works when I boot to the EFI partition on the USB Ventura installer.

BIOS is UEFI boot

Cleaned up the EFI partiion to just the EFI folder,
Able to select Hard Disk UEFI in the Bios, Boots to the last screen shot with 2 Orange DMG drives, the last one boots to Ventura, not sure how to auto select that one.
If the attached is what the file structure of the Crucial SSD EFI folder still looks like it's wrong. The only entry that should show is the EFI folder with the BOOT, Windows and OC folders contained within it. Also to note the yellow Icons on the two .dmg images typically denotes external drives so that is odd. Its also odd it is showing.dmg instead of the name of the partition

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 9.36.55 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 9.36.55 AM.png
    572.1 KB · Views: 8

cornheadks

AMD OS X Member
If the attached is what the file structure of the Crucial SSD EFI folder still looks like it's wrong. The only entry that should show is the EFI folder with the BOOT, Windows and OC folders contained within it. Also to note the yellow Icons on the two .dmg images typically denotes external drives so that is odd. Its also odd it is showing.dmg instead of the name of the partition
Thanks, I did fix the EFI partition to contain only the EFI folder, attached is updated image of that.

Any BIOS settings I need to adjust?

System is set to UEFI not Legacy?
Quiet Boot is on?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 10.53.46 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 10.53.46 AM.png
    890.8 KB · Views: 9

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thanks, I did fix the EFI partition to contain only the EFI folder, attached is updated image of that.

Any BIOS settings I need to adjust?

System is set to UEFI not Legacy?
Quiet Boot is on?
Nothing special selected in the bios except how much RAM is dedicated to video. Everything else you list seems fine

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.