Ryzen 7000 Testing

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
these are my kext
the ones with min kernel set to 23.0.0 are useful only in macOS Sonoma if you use OCLP
1697985017612.png

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
these are my kext
the ones with min kernel set to 23.0.0 are useful only in macOS Sonoma if you use OCLP
View attachment 12175
I finally decided to try the OCLP patch for Broadcom. My mini-ITX system built with Asus Z690 and Intel i7-12600K has a Broadcom BCM94360NG M.2 that replaced the original Intel module. So it made sense to try the patch.

I followed @mariettosun’s instructions. The procedure was simple, taking about 10 minutes or less. And the results are very good so far!

Haven’t switched SecureBootModel back to default yet. Have any of you?

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
I did Casey, but you have to remember if you like to update OS every beta..othewise OCLP couldnt be re-applied again after updatiting OSX

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I did Casey, but you have to remember if you like to update OS every beta..othewise OCLP couldnt be re-applied again after updatiting OSX
I just updated to 14.1 release and saw that OCLP auto-detects the missing root patches and asks whether we want to reapply them. With each macOS update, the root patches are overwritten.

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
I just updated to 14.1 release and saw that OCLP auto-detects the missing root patches and asks whether we want to reapply them. With each macOS update, the root patches are overwritten.
yes if you leave OCLP daemon on
to update i use OTA and a second config.plist:
1) revert the OCLP patches and boot with a proper config.plist (sip and others stuff as sbvmm)
2) find OTA update from system update menu, update OSX
3) first reboot before login in new updated OS i choose the config.plist compatible with OCLP and reset NVRAM
4) start again root patching with OCLP
5)reboot (and all is done)

it is longer to write the proc than do it :)
i use bootloaderchooser to have more bootloader in my EFI
1697992516634.png

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
** Attempting to run Broadcom Wi-Fi 6 modules natively in macOS Sonoma **

macOS Ventura and Sonoma contain both Wi-Fi 6 and 6E drivers for x86 and Apple Silicon platforms.

I have a SparkLAN mini-PCIe Wi-Fi 6 module that uses a Broadcom 0x449d chip. This particular device-id is not natively supported in macOS. When I first installed this card one year ago (in RP04), the IOReg entries under RP04 were empty. The card was simply not recognized and therefore ignored.

But a couple of weeks ago Elias64Fr -- who you may remember as the inventor of the Thunderbolt Bus firmware patch for Titan Ridge -- returned to TonyMacx86 with some interesting new findings.

Elias had been working for the past couple of months on a Broadcom Wi-Fi 5 module that he owns, but which is not supported natively in macOS. The lessons learned from that effort were applied to my SparkLAN Wi-Fi 6 module.

After working with Elias for a few days, we went from a completely empty IOReg tree under RP04 to this:
Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 9.40.39 AM.png
We are currently stuck on Firmware Upload. Finding a correct or workable firmware is challenging. The full discussion is located here:

Last edited:

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ Have you tried the hot plugs of the integrated Thunderbolt maple ridge?

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
On reboot you may have bios that resets and you need rtcmemoryfixup and bootarg, to avoid this problem

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member

Screenshot_2023-10-21_alle_13.09.28.png

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
But having hotplug up and running creates a big problem when rebooting or shutting down, on the asus x670e hero mb. The bios resets.
IMG_20231022_190825_493.jpg

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
To fix this I suppose you need the kext rtcmemoryfixup
with bootarg : rtcfx_exclude=00-FF
If you have any other ideas let me know.
I haven't tested this solution yet.
My tester is @mariettosun And with the tests I made him reset the bios several times 😔

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
** Attempting to run Broadcom Wi-Fi 6 modules natively in macOS Sonoma **

macOS Ventura and Sonoma contain both Wi-Fi 6 and 6E drivers for x86 and Apple Silicon platforms.

I have a SparkLAN mini-PCIe Wi-Fi 6 module that uses a Broadcom 0x449d chip. This particular device-id is not natively supported in macOS. When I first installed this card one year ago (in RP04), the IOReg entries under RP04 were empty. The card was simply not recognized and therefore ignored.

But a couple of weeks ago Elias64Fr -- who you may remember as the inventor of the Thunderbolt Bus firmware patch for Titan Ridge -- returned to TonyMacx86 with some interesting new findings.

Elias had been working for the past couple of months on a Broadcom Wi-Fi 5 module that he owns, but which is not supported natively in macOS. The lessons learned from that effort were applied to my SparkLAN Wi-Fi 6 module.

After working with Elias for a few days, we went from a completely empty IOReg tree under RP04 to this:
View attachment 12178
We are currently stuck on Firmware Upload. Finding a correct or workable firmware is challenging. The full discussion is located here:
Does this card have Windows drivers? The firmware binaries can probably be fetched from them.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Does this card have Windows drivers? The firmware binaries can probably be fetched from them.
Unfortunately they only provide drivers for Linux and Android. And the drivers can only be obtained by contacting their marketing department, which is something I will be doing shortly.

Link to card:

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 10.34.57 AM.png

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I finally decided to try the OCLP patch for Broadcom. My mini-ITX system built with Asus Z690 and Intel i7-12600K has a Broadcom BCM94360NG M.2 that replaced the original Intel module. So it made sense to try the patch.

I followed @mariettosun’s instructions. The procedure was simple, taking about 10 minutes or less. And the results are very good so far!

Firefox could not be started using just boot argument amfi=0x80, but installing AMFIPass.kext and using boot argument -amfipassbeta allows Firefox to run.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Maybe I will skip Ventura all together. Ventura is available in the App Store but maybe I should just bite the bullet. I need to install macOS in my new 2 TB Samsung 990 NVME taking up the top slot of my Creator build.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Firefox could not be started using just boot argument amfi=0x80, but installing AMFIPass.kext and using boot argument -amfipassbeta allows Firefox to run.

The secure bit of the hack is what scares me the most about the OCLP hack.

I also assume you have to leave it off permanently bc the YouTube tutorial I saw does not mention anything about reenabling it.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@mariettosun,

I just upgraded another Hackintosh from Ventura to Sonoma 14.1 (in-place upgrade).

Afterwards I tried to install OCLP patch for Broadcom as follows:

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 5.06.59 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-10-22 at 5.07.05 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-10-22 at 5.07.36 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-10-22 at 5.07.53 PM.png
However, after rebooting and resetting NVRAM, I get the following error when installing OCLP:
Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 5.04.55 PM.png
Here we can see that the folder KernelCollections is missing on my system:
Bash:
% pwd
/System/Volumes/Update/mnt1/System/Library

% ls 
Accounts        CoreServices        Filesystems        LocationBundles        PrivateFrameworks    Spotlight        UserNotifications
AppleMediaServices    DistributedEvaluation    Frameworks        Messages        QuickLook        SystemConfiguration    Video
Assistant        DoNotDisturb        HIDPlugins        Modem Scripts        Screen Savers        SystemProfiler        xpc
Audio            DriverExtensions    InternetAccounts    PreferenceManifests    ScriptingAdditions    Templates
Automator        Extensions        LaunchDaemons        PreferencePanes        Snippets        UserEventPlugins

Last edited:

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ i see similar problem (about OCLP not able to rebuild KernelCache in some intel system with an iGPU)
Some people solve disabling stuff useful for iGPU or some kexts
I think it is an OCLP problem, but , hackintosh has no support (if i remember well devs thoughts)

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.