Ryzen 7000 Testing

drmeatball

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
If this is for an ASRock X670 Steel Legend, you can use this one I made for another user, but MAKE SURE TO REPLACE UTBMAP WITH YOUR OWN!

Yeah that was me, I'm having trouble getting it working. I did the UTBMap.kext following:
woah.. too much media

Reddit link

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
TY for all your help!
Are you on the latest BIOS version? If yes, you can use the one attached above, but change your UTBMap.kext.

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ and all x670 users
have you tested if Continuity cam is working well on your system in all its feature (FaceTime, Photo Booth)?
because in many AMD system work only the options below:
1669136126548.png

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@CaseySJ and all x670 users
have you tested if Continuity cam is working well on your system in all its feature (FaceTime, Photo Booth)?
because in many AMD system work only the options below:
View attachment 8712
I'll reinstall my Fenvi FV-T919 shortly and test this.

The Asus X670E Gene has only one extra PCI slot and it's currently populated with an Aquantia AQC-113C.

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
I hope it is not the same Aquantia problrm

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I'll reinstall my Fenvi FV-T919 shortly and test this.

The Asus X670E Gene has only one extra PCI slot and it's currently populated with an Aquantia AQC-113C.
Video disconnects, but photos are okay and document scans are okay. Here's an example:
  • Notes App --> Capture Photo from iPhone
  • Then edit image from Quick Look --> scribble "hello" on iPhone

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 9.22.14 AM.png

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
So AMD users also with new platform are in the same boat
AMD chipsets miss something

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I hope it is not the same Aquantia problrm
It may be...

So AMD users also with new platform are in the same boat
AMD chipsets miss something
Because I have a webcam, this is not a big issue for me.

Incidentally, Sidecar does not work on Alder Lake Intel Hackintoshes because the on-board iGPU is not supported. So Intel-based Hacks are not totally immune!

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
It may be...

Because I have a webcam, this is not a big issue for me.

Incidentally, Sidecar does not work on Alder Lake Intel Hackintoshes because the on-board iGPU is not supported. So Intel-based Hacks are not totally immune!
Doesn't Sidecar work on a dGPU only setup? I've seen people getting it working on AMD machines.

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Doesn't Sidecar work on a dGPU only setup? I've seen people getting it working on AMD machines.
Just tried it wirelessly and wired with iPad Mini 6. Sidecar simply displays blank screen on iPad.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Just tried it wirelessly and wired with iPad Mini 6. Sidecar simply displays blank screen on iPad.
For Sidecar you need the FeatureUnlock kext and an iMac SMBIOS (for example, iMac20,1) and some Terminal commands.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221122_205123_Bluecord.jpg
    Screenshot_20221122_205123_Bluecord.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 27

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

hvv_

AMD OS X Member
Anyone wishing to test Aquantia AQC-107 in Monterey
Hey @CaseySJ, sorry for the delay, I have tested my Aquantia NIC in MacOS Monterey 12.6.1 with the KEXT from MacOS Big Sur and from an early version of MacOS Monterey but both do not work I have the same symptoms as you:
Network says cable is not connected

Have you tried anything else or are we currently at a dead end?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Hey @CaseySJ, sorry for the delay, I have tested my Aquantia NIC in MacOS Monterey 12.6.1 with the KEXT from MacOS Big Sur and from an early version of MacOS Monterey but both do not work I have the same symptoms as you:
Network says cable is not connected

Have you tried anything else or are we currently at a dead end?
Thank you for trying. Here's a follow-up:
  • On my system we can see below that IOUserEthernet is also running so we can try replacing that as well
  • (I've removed my Aquantia, but IOUserEthernet may apply to any wired Ethernet driver)
  • Attached is the Big Sur version
  • The screenshot suggests that it changed, but both files carry the same version number in GetInfo, so replacing this kext may not work, but it's still worth a try
  • (Both IOUserEthernet and IONetworkingFamily from Big Sur should be imported into Monterey)
Bash:
% kmutil showloaded | grep Ethernet

No variant specified, falling back to release
   95    1 0xffffff8002df4000 0x1fff     0x1fff     com.apple.iokit.IOEthernetAVBController (1.1.0) AFAF277F-CEE7-3459-B28C-8DDCD8544BE0 <50 7 6 3 1>
   96    0 0                  0x3a000    0x3a000    com.apple.driver.AppleIntelI210Ethernet (2.3.1) 3EE6120C-A86E-352C-8C36-6C65046A4EB0 <95 51 50 17 7 6 3 1>
  145    0 0xffffff7f9640c000 0x4000     0x4000     com.apple.iokit.IOUserEthernet (1.0.1) 560FB4E3-4A11-3977-861B-605C1C8B7C77 <50 8 7 6 3 1>

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 11.13.22 AM.png

Attachments

• IOUserEthernet.kext.zip
    59.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Could you give it a try on AM5? Curious if it works.
Changing system product name can be tricky so I signed out of iCloud, booted a cloned copy of Ventura, changed both System Product Name (iMac20,2 in this case) and serial numbers, and signed into iCloud on the clone.

Sidecar requires all devices to be signed into the same iCloud account.

With FeatureUnlock.kext applied and these terminal commands issued...

Bash:
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes
defaults write com.apple.sidecar.display LowLatency -bool True
defaults write com.apple.sidecar.display MinBitrate -int 250000000
defaults write com.apple.sidecar.display MaxBitrate -int 250000000

... we got this, which is a screenshot of the iPad mini 6:

IMG_0358.JPG

The connection can be finicky to establish. It may look like this on occasion, but otherwise it works. As noted by @alyxferrari, we need to tweak the two Bitrate values.

IMG_0359.JPG

Last edited:

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
If anyone would like to test the RELEASE-Mode (i.e. not debug mode) version of OpenCore.efi with the conditional statement for separating AMD Family F / ExtFamily A from other CPU families, please try the attached file. Just need to backup your existing OpenCore.efi and replace it with attached version, then reboot and check for any issues, particularly garbled audio.
So I finally booted from a USB stick using the RELEASE-Mode EFI, on my X570 Creator/5950X build and I don't know if I did it right b/c at the bootloader I simply chose my working MacOS install and everything seemed to be working normally. I listened to several minutes of Spotify and it sounded perfect.

that said, the only thing I changed was OpenCore.efi which sounds like it doesn't change all that much.

like.. I don't need new Kerenal Patches and Kexts to go along with the TSC/FSB fix?

Really?

next I will copy the OpenCore.efi to the EFI partition of my actual working MacOS drive to test. but i'm too scared to do that just now.

I think I just have to Install Ventura on my 7950X system and hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.