Ryzen 7000 Testing

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Sounds about time for me to build another AM5, specifically for MacOS use
I'm in the same boat.

can we rewind for a second?

does OC 0.86 include the necessary SSDT to get my Firecuda 530 NVME drive recognized in my X670E Creator?

can someone post it here please?

I think tomorrow I will finally start building this BEAST.

mrfatcatt

AMD OS X Member
HI,
Due to a death in my immediate family I will not be able to research any more audio issues until next week.

I can tell you now I have 2 avid systems in 2 locations, My Pro tools HDX system is running flawless on my intel system in Ventura. The only test I can run for now is to plug my carbon system into my intel system and test in Ventura. That could indicate if its a avid bug audio loops bug is on carbon on ventura in which i can inform avid about the hiccups. Due to time constraints i was going post you that avb is working with the 6 patches and I am more then happy to work with CaseySJ on my issue as in previous past times. Since this is all hacktosh it is up to us, but to be fair, the audio world is always one of the last to catch up to new apple changes. If others have success with avb in audio cards then it proably is a carbon issue and not a hdx issue. I plan to buy a mbox audio unit early next year. For now yeah pt not launching on a amd system is super wierd becasuse pt DOES launch on a intel system... ill look into it more. and yes im always ruining the latest pt with out giving the answer away.

thanks

etorix

AMD OS X Member
does OC 0.86 include the necessary SSDT to get my Firecuda 530 NVME drive recognized in my X670E Creator?
By nature, ACPI tables are independent from OC version. What kind of SSDT do you think would be useful to enable a NVMe drive?
At most, you have to test with and without NVMeFix.kext. But a SSDT?

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Attached is a first test build of AppleALC 1.7.7 that includes a new Layout 15 for the ALC887-VD in Gigabyte B450M DS3H. Verbs and Path Maps from my previous post were used, which means this layout is implemented as follows:
  • It supports green Line Out on rear I/O and front panel of case
  • It supports pink Microphone In on rear IO and front panel of case
  • It supports blue Line In on rear IO
  • It assumes auto-sensing is available between rear and front Line Out (headphone)
  • It assumes auto-sensing is available between rear and front Microphone Input
  • Boot argument alcid=15 is need
Because this is a first test build, let's keep expectations low!!
Unfortunately, sound coming from the internal audio codec is fully broken now. The only output is my monitor and there are no inputs.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

Your Firecuda will work properly with the PCI zombie fix, which is simply a kernel patch added to the list of AMD-OSX patches.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Unfortunately, sound coming from the internal audio codec is fully broken now. The only output is my monitor and there are no inputs.

I’ll upload my Layout 15 changes to GitHub. It’s a matter of adjusting the verbs and separating the front and rear ports if auto-sensing/switching is not available. I’ll provide examples of how this is done and a couple more kext revisions.

It is morning coffee time here.

P.S. I'm quite a fan of James Hoffman (YouTube).

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

I’ll upload my Layout 15 changes to GitHub. It’s a matter of adjusting the verbs and separating the front and rear ports if auto-sensing/switching is not available. I’ll provide examples of how this is done and a couple more kext revisions.

It is morning coffee time here.
There was a problem with PathMapID in Layout15.xml. Let's try the attached version that fixes just this issue (i.e. let's fix one issue at a time).

Which Inputs and Outputs are available with this version, if any?

-- file deleted due to missing reference to Platform15.xml --

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
The kext in post above was just replaced a minute ago...

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
There was a problem with PathMapID in Layout15.xml. Let's try the attached version that fixes just this issue (i.e. let's fix one issue at a time).

Which Inputs and Outputs are available with this version, if any?
Unfortunately, there are still no outputs or inputs...

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Unfortunately, there are still no outputs or inputs...
Added a missing section for Platform15.xml (in addition to Layout15.xml). Let's try this...

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 1

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Added a missing section for Platform15.xml (in addition to Layout15.xml). Let's try this...
@ExtremeXT,

After trying the above kext, please try this one as well. Just a plug-and-play replacement. This version slightly adjusts the Microphone and Line-Input arrangement in the platform file.

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 3

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
@ExtremeXT,

After trying the above kext, please try this one as well. Just a plug-and-play replacement. This version slightly adjusts the Microphone and Line-Input arrangement in the platform file.
With both of the kexts, the front output jack works perfectly, but the front input jack still doesn't (I also tried the one on the back). Attached is the verbs.txt file from PinConfigurator -> Import -> IORegistry and an IOReg file.

Attachments

• verbs.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 2
  • ExtremeXT’s Mac Pro.zip
    789.7 KB · Views: 3

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
With both of the kexts, the front output jack works perfectly, but the front input jack still doesn't (I also tried the one on the back). Attached is the verbs.txt file from PinConfigurator -> Import -> IORegistry and an IOReg file.
In Sound settings, what do the Input and Output panes look like?

For the microphone issue, is there a working volume slider in Sound Input? Does the Input Level indicator show any signs of life when speaking into a microphone?

Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 5.22.08 AM.png
Attached is another iteration that numbers the pins in order of Node ID (the "G" column in PinConfigurator output). This "shouldn't" make any difference, but then again...

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@CaseySJ wouldn't it be a good idea to create a Github repo with patches in PLIST format and so on or is that already there?
Not sure how to handle this so let's pose the following questions here:
  1. Does it make sense to have Aquantia patches added to OpenCore as a new quirk? A ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk already exists so it's not out of the question to suggest another one. It will also benefit Intel users that do not have AppleVTD enabled.
  2. Does it make sense to have Aquantia patches added to OpenCore Configurator database?
    Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 8.20.42 AM.png
  3. Should I just put the patches into a .plist in my GitHub repository?
@mariettosun has already submitted Aquantia patches to OCAT (OpenCore Auxiliary Tools).

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
short answer (IMHO)
1) No
2) Yes
3) Yes
:)

hvv_

AMD OS X Member
I would say definitely the third: Github is easy for many people to find. Starting a search on a forum thread is a bit cumbersome.

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
1a)
Yes if it would be possible to add in existent quirk your patches

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
short answer (IMHO)
1) No
2) Yes
3) Yes
:)

I would say definitely the third: Github is easy for many people to find. Starting a search on a forum thread is a bit cumbersome.

Here's the new GitHub repository containing both sets of Aquantia patches. Editorial feedback welcome.

Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 1.54.57 PM.png

Last edited:

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
In Sound settings, what do the Input and Output panes look like?

For the microphone issue, is there a working volume slider in Sound Input? Does the Input Level indicator show any signs of life when speaking into a microphone?

View attachment 8886
Attached is another iteration that numbers the pins in order of Node ID (the "G" column in PinConfigurator output). This "shouldn't" make any difference, but then again...
Attached is verbs.txt and screenshots of the Outputs and Inputs with the latest kext. The one before this had an additional Line In input like the one in your screenshot, but it also didn't work.
  1. Does it make sense to have Aquantia patches added to OpenCore as a new quirk? A ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk already exists so it's not out of the question to suggest another one. It will also benefit Intel users that do not have AppleVTD enabled.
  2. Does it make sense to have Aquantia patches added to OpenCore Configurator database?
    View attachment 8888
  3. Should I just put the patches into a .plist in my GitHub repository?
@mariettosun has already submitted Aquantia patches to OCAT (OpenCore Auxiliary Tools).
IMHO, it should be either included into ForceAquantiaEthernet (with an AMD CPU check, Intel users have no reason to not enable VT-d) or a new quirk.

Attachments

• verbs.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 19.25.45.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 19.25.45.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 19.25.34.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 19.25.34.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 7

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
... The one before this had an additional Line In input like the one in your screenshot, but it also didn't work.
Which kext had the additional Line In? Was it this one?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.